Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add-on invisible trade being executed

Hi,

I have a live account with NinjaTrader. I use an add-on for NinjaTrader Desktop, which executes orders when specific circumstances occur.

The day before yesterday the circumstances were met for the add-on to execute a sell order (with its corresponding Stop Loss and Take Profit orders). However, the chart did not show any open trades. PnL was still at $0. And, of course, the voice announcing the market sale order was not heard. So I assumed that, for whatever reason, the add-on had "decided" not to execute the sell order. Anyway, just in case, I pressed the Close button several times, as well as pressing the Alt+X hotkeys.

Quite a few minutes later, I tried to log out of my NinjaTrader connection. At that point, a message appeared asking me if I really wanted to log out, since there was an active order. That set off alarm bells for me.

Immediately, I logged into NT mobile. There I saw, indeed, a sales order. Fortunately, I also saw a buy order closing my position. However, that buy order was executed at a loss of -25.25 points. The add-on sets Stop Loss to -20 points. I then received an email from NinjaTrader confirming that my entry had been automatically closed due to my Daily Loss Limit setting (luckily that saved my trade).

I logged into NT web and there I could also see the opening and closing orders of my position, just like in NT mobile.

However, in NT Desktop I still didn't see information about any trades on my chart. And the PnL was still at $0. I noticed that under Control Center > Accounts I couldn't see my account, even though I was actually logged into the NT connection; In fact, my account was still selected in the chart. I decided to disconnect from the connection (the message appeared again that I had an active order). I logged back in and was then able to see the amount of dollars lost related to the "invisible" trade.

I exported different logs to see a record of the executed trades. In Executions there was nothing, it was empty. In Orders, the same thing happened.

How is it possible that an order executed from a NinjaTrader Desktop add-on goes unnoticed on this platform (neither on the chart nor in the logs)? I have used that add-on several times and it has worked correctly.

The worst of all was that the Stop Loss order of my add-on was not executed. And pressing Close and Alt+X also did not close the open operation.

Thank you.​

Hello TraderJA ​,

Thank you for reaching out.

Critical - If your inquiry involves live or evaluation orders, please always reach out to your broker's/account providers Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.
    If your trade(s) are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk by emailing [email protected].

(Please note that if you are using any 3rd party trading software such as a trade copier or automated strategy, we would not be able to troubleshoot order issues as they would be better reviewed by the developers of the software.)

Please answer all of the following (if possible):
    • What Order ID was assigned to this order? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center.
    • *Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Since you are reporting live order issues, we need to see these files before proceeding to assist.

Please send in your log and trace files so that we may look into what may be occurring.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

If you could also provide a screenshot of what you are seeing, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, we look forward to helping resolve this issue for you.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your attention. Is the e-mail address correct, [email protected]?
      I sent an detailed email on May 3, but I have not received a reply yet.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello TraderJA​,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, that is email for Order related issues for NinjaTrader Brokerage accounts.

If you have not received a reply, I would actually advise you email from the platform, so that we get it and then can forward or re-open the case you sent previously.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
        Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kaywai, Today, 07:09 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kaywai
        by kaywai

Started by SoCalFuturesFX, 11-06-2023, 11:08 AM
        3 responses