Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can i set ExitLongStopLimit and EnterShortStop at the same price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i set ExitLongStopLimit and EnterShortStop at the same price

Hi everyone. In my strategy i need to set two orders (ExitLongStopLimit and EnterShortStop) at the same price.

i did it this way

Code:
     orderCloseLong = ExitLongStopLimit(Close[1], Close[1], "ExitLong", "LongStopLimit");
    orderCloseLong.IsLiveUntilCancelled = true;

orderShort = EnterShortStopLimit(1, Close[1], Close[1], "ShortStopLimit");
    orderShort.IsLiveUntilCancelled = true;
    but

21.12.2020 9:16:01 Strategy 'Test/221732070': Entered internal SubmitOrderManaged() method at 21.12.2020 9:16:01: BarsInProgress=0 Action=Sell OrderType=StopLimit Quantity=0 LimitPrice=3704,50 StopPrice=3704,50 SignalName='ExitLong' FromEntrySignal='LongStopLimit'
    21.12.2020 9:16:01 Strategy 'Test/221732070': Entered internal SubmitOrderManaged() method at 21.12.2020 9:16:01: BarsInProgress=0 Action=SellShort OrderType=StopLimit Quantity=1 LimitPrice=3704,50 StopPrice=3704,50 SignalName='ShortStopLimit' FromEntrySignal=''
    Strategy 'Test/221732070': An Enter() method to submit an entry order at '21.12.2020 9:16:00' has been ignored. Please search on the term 'Internal Order Handling Rules' in the Help Guide for detailed explanation.

help me pleeease

I think your problem is here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?managed_approach.htm#InternalOrderHandl ingRulesThatReduceUnwantedPositions

Comment

Leeroy_Jenkins, thanks for the hint, but unfortunately I didn't find the answer, it seems I don't know something about the rules of placing orders

Comment

Hello Kovalev,

This would not be possible because of the types of orders you have chosen.

A buy stop order must have the stop price above the current ask. A sell stop must have the stop price below the current bid.

These cannot be set to the same price.
        Before trying to place the orders through NinjaScript, try placing these manually first.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, please tell me - are there any ways to solve my problem?

Comment

Hello Kovalev,

You would need to choose order types that are valid at those price levels.

Buy limit orders are placed below the ask, sell limit orders are placed above the bid. A buy stop order must have the stop price above the current ask. A sell stop must have the stop price below the current bid.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:10 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ETFVoyageur  
            Started by ryan_21, Today, 08:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes