Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying Stops and Targets across multiple ATM entries

Hi,

I want to track my targets/stops to their actual entry, I'm entering via ATMs. It seems like there's no way to do this other than within an individual ATM?

I know with an ATM placed entry, I can right click and see stop 1 target 1 and so on, and thus know what's what.

However once I place another order via ATM there's not really anything to distinguish these stops and targets from the first ATM entry. They are likewise labeled relative to the their own ATM, i.e. stop 1 target 1 etc.

Is there anyway to do this or any other suggestions? Basically what I want to do is scale in, then scale out in by getting rid of the oldest entries before the newer ones.

thanks!

Hello ntcoder256,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, are you manually submitting orders with ATM Strategy templates?

Or, are you using a custom NinjaScript strategy that uses Atm Strategy Methods to place an entry order that control protective orders using an ATM Strategy template?

ATM Strategy templates will always submit stops and targets using names such as Stop 1, Target 1, etc. and there would not be means available for giving the stops/targets unique names to distinguish which ATM Strategy they are from.

If you want to give stops/targets unique names, you could consider using Set methods or Exit methods in a custom NinjaScript for placing/handling stops and targets instead of using ATM Strategy templates.

Note that all of the NinjaTrader order entry interfaces preserve FIFO (First In First Out) status with the exchanges when possible.

FIFO: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...timization.htm

This reference sample can help with scaling in and out of a strategy that does not use Atm Strategy Methods.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/scaling_out_of_a_position.htm

This sample can assist further with managing multiple exit/entry signals:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/using_multiple_entry_exit_sign.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello ntcoder256,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, are you manually submitting orders with ATM Strategy templates?
      ;
      Yes, manually. So as you answered that already thanks. Sounds like maybe I'll need to give the ninja script method a look thank you for that and related links

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes