Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the comments.

This behavior has been resolved in the upcoming release of NinjaTrader which should be available for download soon.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
      Hello Everyone,

This behavior has been resolved in the upcoming release of NinjaTrader which should be available for download soon.

Hi, Clayton

Thanks for your reply.

After reading about the terrible problems a NT 8.1.x user has with machine ID, I would request that the forthcoming release to fix the NT time zone/data bug should be NT 8.0.x based, and that users must NOT be compelled to upgrade to NT 8.1.x. This is important.

Windows Updates causing NT8.1.x to generate new machine ID - unstable domino effect
      This morning I opened NT and could not trade because Windows Update had run and NT8 generated a new machine ID. So I went through the whole mess of updating my machine ID for my NT8. I also decided to go ahead and upgrade to latest NT 8.1.1.7... after some work to get NT8, data connections, and 3rd party tools working, all

I'd appreciate it if you'd pass this request to your development team.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello max333,

Thank you for your suggestion.

We will be sharing this suggestion with our development team to consider in a future release.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
          Hello Everyone,

Hi

This problem has affected many IB TWS users for over 5 months.

What has happened to the NT development team?

Redefining "soon"?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello max333,

Thank you for the message.

The update to 8.1.2.0 was released on October 25th, 2023. Please use the steps below to download and update to that platform:
            • Login into your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
            • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
            • Select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" section
            • Once the installation is downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.

After completing the installation, you can log into the platform using the same username and password as your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard.
            • Note: Updating NinjaTrader Desktop will not affect any custom configurations, workspaces, or add-ons.
            • A visual walkthrough of the update process may be found here in our Help Center.

If you are still experiencing any unwanted or unexpected behaviors after updating, please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate the behavior further:
            • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
            • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
            • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
            • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
            • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
            • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
              • Send the email

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Yes, this is a big fat annoying problem. Crazy making, frankly. Here's what I've decided to do, as this is a never ending bad Argentine Tango between IB and NT.
              IB does not send tick-by-tick data via TWS or the gateway apps. Believe me on this, I've researched it thoroughly. (despite IB never admitting to this fact upfront)
              I'm draining most of my funds from IB, moving them over to IronBeam, and getting the $9/mo CME data package by Rithmic, through IronBeam.
              The only minor caveat is that you must "change your trading platform" with IronBeam. They allow various software platforms, but new accounts default to their proprietary software.
              Of course they only allow you to do this once you have $500 or more in your account.

So, next week, I'll get a new login with Rithmic, using their PRO data feed app. I've used it in the past and it's good, fast, & solid.
              Rithmic will provide the primary data feed and I'll connect to IronBeam + IB + IB paper + NT Continuum, all in the same instance.

I'll update this thread once I get it all working.

Comment

Also, I did just upgrade to NT v8.1.2, and, amazingly, TWS 10.23.2a now does work when requesting a historical data refresh! Praise Jesus, right?!
                It's not fast. It never was. But I'm getting 60 days of 1min data in ~4 minutes. (this while the markets are closed right now)
                Some instruments come back faster than others.
                I re-backtested various strategies & instruments and the results are unilaterally better, and as they should be.

Can we now say that the NT8+ IB TWS combo is becoming less idiosyncratic?...........................a big maybe.
                Happy to report something positive, though.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post AaronKoRn