NT8 not opening after logging in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 not opening after logging in!

My NJ8 stopped opening all of a sudden and I've tried changing db file to OLDNinjaTrader and tried to "repair" etc. and tried all other things posted on different forums, but still no luck! I click on "Sign in with Google" as always, but the platform does not come up! How can I make this work without losing my saved workspaces/indicators/etc.?
    Last edited by rezamerik; 08-23-2023, 10:35 AM.

exact same here

Comment

Hello rezamerik ​&
      Goody789

Thank you for writing in.

To rule out that there are issues with your core files/NinjaTrader Installation, I recommend you try a platform repair first, and if this does not resolve it, then you would want to try installing NT8 "clean".

1. To complete a repair, do the following:
      • Shut down NinjaTrader 8
      • Go to your computer's Control Panel > Programs & Features (Note: search for 'Control Panel' to find it within the Windows Start Menu. This will be a different window than the Settings page)
      • Left-click once on NinjaTrader 8 > select 'Repair' above the list of available programs
      • Restart the platform after it finishes repairing, and test for this behavior again. If it does, proceed to step 2.

2. You may follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader clean, and then transfer your custom information to the new installation if you wish.
      • Close all running applications.
      • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
      • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
      • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
      • Reboot your PC.

Then reinstall
      • Login into the NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
      • Please create a login ("account") by creating an Username and Password and verifying your email address.
      • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
      • Next you can either pick the latest release, or the previous release 8.0.28.0found on the right hand side of the page and click Download.
      • Once the installation had downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.

This will now be a "brand new" platform when you launch it.

If everything works, you may follow these steps to reimport your old, custom information to the new installation if you wish.

First, shut down NinjaTrader, then open the new 'NinjaTrader 8' Documents folder in one window, and the 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD' folder in another (right-click > Open in New Window).

In the new 'NinjaTrader 8' folder, rename the 'workspaces', 'templates', and 'bin' folders to 'workspaces NEW', 'templates NEW', and 'bin NEW'Next, copy/paste the existing 'workspaces', 'templates', and 'bin' folders from the 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD' folder into the new 'NinjaTrader 8' folder.

Please note that if the issue is re-introduced when you copy over your custom files, the issue would point to a possibly "corrupt" workspace or custom scripts affecting platform functionality.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.​
      Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Option Whisperer  
      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
      0 responses