IP list for NT8 connection through VPN request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

1) I have the exact same issue and Ninja Trader support can not help me since 2 days.
    I use a VPS and its not managed by me, I rent it at an external company. The VPS support team also can not help me.

I am based in Germany and the VPS is also. I check the IP location also and also got confirmation from provider.

This is what they wrote:

"TCP/25 - SMTP is the only traffic is blocked by us. We do not block or filter any other traffic. Functioning of the third party software including VPN is out of our scope. We do not have a way to investigate why the hop 208.48.16.200 blocks traffic. It is placed out of our zone of responsibility. We cannot guarantee the VPN functions correctly even if you rent the additional IP address or another VPS."

Reinstalling Windows (Server 2019) did not help.

2) Another interesting thing is that my friend rents a VPS for this company also, and he does not have this issue.

3) On my private PC, everything works fine and I can log in successfully and all links work fine.

4) Interesting is that when I use a VPN on the Server, which as you know uses a different IP, then all is fine and I can log in successfully and not getting error 404 Not Found for the NT links.

5) Interesting is that when I enter https://ninjatrader.com/, everything is ok on the server.

When I press on LOGIN, I get the the Error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	199
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1265859

But the other link like the FUTURES, PLATFORM e.t.c. all work fine. So not sure what is going on here.

Can someone please help me? PLEASE!!!

Regards.​
    ​​

Comment

Hello Nystagmus,

Thank you for the message.

The information we are about to ask you for could contain some private or sensitive information, so please send the requested files and information directly to our support team in an email instead of posting it here on the forum.
      • Send an email to: Support[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and .
      • Put the Subject as: "Clayton ATTN 03945762"

Please go to the page you are getting the 404 message on and then grab the Console Logs for your Web Browser and send those to us in the email:
      • You can do this by clicking the three dots in the top right-hand corner of Chrome > going to More Tools > Developer tools.
      • Next click on "Console" right click and do a "Save As"
      • Attach these Logs to your email to us
      In this email, could you please also include the Public IP Address of your VPS provider?

We look forward to your email and resolving your inquiry.​
      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Nystagmus View Post
        Hi everyone,

1) I have the exact same issue and Ninja Trader support can not help me since 2 days.
        I use a VPS and its not managed by me, I rent it at an external company. The VPS support team also can not help me.

I am based in Germany and the VPS is also. I check the IP location also and also got confirmation from provider.

This is what they wrote:

"TCP/25 - SMTP is the only traffic is blocked by us. We do not block or filter any other traffic. Functioning of the third party software including VPN is out of our scope. We do not have a way to investigate why the hop 208.48.16.200 blocks traffic. It is placed out of our zone of responsibility. We cannot guarantee the VPN functions correctly even if you rent the additional IP address or another VPS."

Reinstalling Windows (Server 2019) did not help.

2) Another interesting thing is that my friend rents a VPS for this company also, and he does not have this issue.

3) On my private PC, everything works fine and I can log in successfully and all links work fine.

4) Interesting is that when I use a VPN on the Server, which as you know uses a different IP, then all is fine and I can log in successfully and not getting error 404 Not Found for the NT links.

5) Interesting is that when I enter https://ninjatrader.com/, everything is ok on the server.

When I press on LOGIN, I get the the Error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	199
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1265859

But the other link like the FUTURES, PLATFORM e.t.c. all work fine. So not sure what is going on here.

Can someone please help me? PLEASE!!!

Regards.​
        ​​
        It's a problem with your VPS host. It's a common problem with cheap / reseller VPS companies. I know because had a similar problem with chartvps and only ninjamobiletrader vps permanently solved the problem.

In your VPS, open the web browsing and go to this page: https://geotargetly.com/my-ip-geolocation

I suspect your result is likely in Russia or another restricted country.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

It's a problem with your VPS host. It's a common problem with cheap / reseller VPS companies. I know because had a similar problem with chartvps and only ninjamobiletrader vps permanently solved the problem.

In your VPS, open the web browsing and go to this page: https://geotargetly.com/my-ip-geolocation

I suspect your result is likely in Russia or another restricted country.

THANKS A LOT backtester831 ​for replying so quickly and possibly finding the reason of my issue. Very much appreciated!!!

- Interesting is that when I look on any other website online which google gives result for "find my IP geolocation" - all websites give - Germany and all the exact same even the city. (around 7 websites)
          - But your mentioned website gives result: Russia and the city. Very strange... I am not an IT guy but this is really strange for me.
          - So I asked them to confirm what the geo location of my IP is. Without telling them what I saw.
          - Will then ask to assign me at least a European IP if not German, or US, and will let you know how this all ended.

NinjaTrader_Clayton​ also thanks a lot. I will first make sure I dont have a Russian IP and then if the same will come back to you.

Have a nice day/evening.

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Nystagmus View Post

THANKS A LOT backtester831 ​for replying so quickly and possibly finding the reason of my issue. Very much appreciated!!!

- Interesting is that when I look on any other website online which google gives result for "find my IP geolocation" - all websites give - Germany and all the exact same even the city. (around 7 websites)
            - But your mentioned website gives result: Russia and the city. Very strange... I am not an IT guy but this is really strange for me.
            - So I asked them to confirm what the geo location of my IP is. Without telling them what I saw.
            - Will then ask to assign me at least a European IP if not German, or US, and will let you know how this all ended.

NinjaTrader_Clayton​ also thanks a lot. I will first make sure I dont have a Russian IP and then if the same will come back to you.

Have a nice day/evening.

Regards.
            Another thing you can try is just go to www.google.com. Does it load in Russian language by default? Also google search "what is my location'?. If google thinks you're in Russia, so will NinjaTrader.

Either way, you're only option is to request your vps provider assign you a new ip, hopefully one in a block of ips that google doesn't think is Russian. Or switch to a better vps provider, because it's not great that they wasted your time for 2 days and said they couldn't help you, when the problem is quite obvious...
            Last edited by backtester831; 08-23-2023, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post

Another thing you can try is just go to www.google.com. Does it load in Russian language by default? Also google search "what is my location'?. If google thinks you're in Russia, so will NinjaTrader.

Either way, you're only option is to request your vps provider assign you a new ip, hopefully one in a block of ips that google doesn't think is Russian. Or switch to a better vps provider, because it's not great that they wasted your time for 2 days and said they couldn't help you, when the problem is quite obvious...
              So in the end they gave me another server which had a "good" German IP and now everything works fine. Did not even imagine this is the reason.
              If it wasn't you backtester831 with the good link showing Russian location, I would still stay here and send logs to NT.

Much much appreciated. Good luck in all you do. If you are a trader, ping me on [email protected]. You never know we might learn smth from each other.

Regards.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ageeholdings  
              Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes