IP list for NT8 connection through VPN request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP list for NT8 connection through VPN request

I'm having problems connecting to NT since monday, screenshot attached.
    Can you provide a complete list of IP (IP ranges) to pass throught VPN for connection and fully work (market data/orders) in NT8?

Which version of NT are you using? And, are you doing this via a VPS ? And, what OS are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by spottysallrite View Post
      Which version of NT are you using? And, are you doing this via a VPS ? And, what OS are you using?
      WinServer 2019 (VPS) & NT 8.1.1.7
      Till this week everithing was just fine.

Comment

Yep, NT's version 8.1 doesn't work on Windows Servers. Several of us have been wrestling with NT for the last several months (yes, since March) about this. NT keeps insisting that it's the VPS provider, and/ or Windows. Their (NT's) solution is to get those others (eg, Google, Amazon, Microsoft) to fix this problem that NT caused and won't fix, and won't even recognize that they (NT) caused.

So, the only solution I know of right now is not to use 8.1. But, since NT required everyone (as of 6/23) to migrate to their new version, what do you do if you want to trade live on a VPS? You have to use 8.0.28.0. This is a major PIA because if you've already upgraded to 8.1 you have to do a full uninstall then re-install (for details, see https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...it#post1231900).

Despite the detail of the above, you might still have to re-do your .dll, commissions, SA templates, etc.

Forcing customers to change to a known bad version is customer abuse.

Comment

I have the same problem since Monday with exactly the same error. In addition, it is impossible to open NT Client Portal (https://account.ninjatrader.com/) - White blank screen and "404 Not Found" appears in upper left corner of the screen. I use Windows 10 and NT 8.1.1.7 .

Comment

Y, I'm pretty sure you can't access the portal from a VPS if you've installed 8.1, at least that was my experience as well. Why that would be I'm not sure.

To force customers to change to a new version on a short week (Juneteenth was that Monday), followed soon by another short week (July 4 holiday) is just poor planning on NT's part.

Comment

Same old same old. ‘Twas ever thus.
              Marooned on 27.1 and now no CQG Connection, no Static SuperDOM, they introduced Line drg tool snap to Horiz/Vert in .28 after 100 yrs of Feature Request and it didn’t work on Release out-of-the-box (:-) so much for legendary NT testing, QA) so they fixed it - but deliberately only in 8.1!!!
              Have lived without it for years, so….
              Forced migration (worst rollout in software history) to a new ‘environment’ riddled with problems in every conceivable aspect and continues to be so as reported on here daily
              Last edited by brucerobinson; 07-04-2023, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Bro, have you solved your problem? I still can`t log in. The same error and 404 as well

Comment

Hello Curious,

Thank you for writing in.

The required update to the NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0 and 8.1.1.7 platforms was a result of an Expiration date assigned to the certificate provided by CQG to continue connecting to their servers.
                  • The expiration date was assigned by CQG and NinjaTrader had to comply with this if wanted to continue connecting to the servers, so we were required to update the platform so users could continue connecting.
                  • We began pushing an announcement when NinjaTrader opened about this multiple weeks before the final cutoff date so users had plenty of time to make the update before it was required
                  • Prior users of the NinjaTrader platform are more than welcome to continue using their setup on the NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0 platform while we finish resolving the last few quirks within the 8.1 platform if they are not comfortable with it yet
                  • If new users want to use the 8.0 platform, getting set up for live trading is more involved as the new system has been designed with the 8.1 platform and account plans in mind.

If you are receiving the 404 error when trying to connect, this normally means you are located within a country that has been geo-restricted and is unable to access the necessary servers to connect.
                  • We have been made aware that Russia has become geo-restricted and is no longer able to access the NinjaTrader servers
                  • If you are running into this error, you could try using a VPN to make it appear as though you are connecting from a country like the United States, Germany, or one of the other accepted countries.
                    • If you are still unable to connect, you could look into a VPS that is located within a supported country and then connect using that instead
                      • You could do some internet searches or look through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem and go with the one you think is best:
                        • https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...fwp_search=vps
                          • The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
                  ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​In regard to the updates from spottysallrite, as discussed over our direct message thread, you were running into KERNELLBASE.dll errors within your Windows Event Viewer logs.
                  • Since this error message is coming directly from the Windows Operating System, it is up to you to reach out to the VPS Provider or a Windows/PC Technician and have them resolve the errors that are appearing from the Windows Operating System.
                  • The Windows Operating System was created by a different company so we are limited in our support of anything outside of the NinjaTrader Platform.
                  • Once Windows is no longer showing error messages within its logs, the NinjaTrader Support team would be able to provide further support and assistance.
                    • So, NinjaTrader 8.1 works on a VPS. The VPS just needs to be stable and not showing any error messages within its core operating system's logs.

If you are still experiencing issues signing into the NinjaTrader Dashboard or connecting to your account within the NinjaTrader platform, it would be best to write in to our support team directly as connection issues are generally specific to the user they are happening to and we will need to investigate some private information that shouldn't be shared over the forum since it is publicly facing.
                  • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
                  • Set the To: setting to: "Platform Technical Support"
                  • Enter your email
                  • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 03945762"
                  • Expand the "Other files" section
                    • Check the following boxes:
                      • Log and Trace files
                  • Send the message

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
                  ​​
                  Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Clayton. Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have solved the problem using a free VPN, being in Russia. The fact that NinjaTrader made a decision to ban customers from Russia's geolocation sounds weird or even stupid. Especially this decision seems to be illogical because this ban can be avoided by using a VPN service. I have been your customer since 2011 and that is really disappointing for me. Unfortunately, maybe in the nearest few days, I will quit being your customer any more.

Comment

Dear Curious, Логинься теперь только через ВПН. Они заблочили айпишники из рф.
                      Last edited by kirled; 07-05-2023, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirled View Post
                        Dear Curious,
                        I guess so ((

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                          Hello Curious,
                          If you are running into this error, you could try using a VPN to make it appear as though you are connecting from a country like the United States, Germany, or one of the other accepted countries.
                          Well, my first post in this thread was just about it.
                          Can you give a list of your IPs (IP ranges) that shoud be passed through VPN to login NT, recieve market data & trade?

Comment

Hello curious,

Thank you for the update.

Since a normal installation of the NinjaTrader Platform doesn't require any additional changes or modifications to the network to be able to connect, we are limited in the information we have about the IPs and ports that are used.
                            • www.cqgtrader.com
                              • IP - 208.48.16.200
                            • license2.ninjatrader.com
                              • IP - 161.47.139.117
                              • Ports - 80 & 443
                            • license.ninjatrader.com
                              • IP - 72.3.203.239
                                • Ports - 80 & 443
                            • live.tradovateapi.com
                              • IP - 34.120.3.201
                            • md.tradovateapi.com
                              • IP - 35.186.238.68
                            ​If you are still unable to connect after allowing these through the VPN, you will want to reach out to the VPN directly for further help identifying what servers are being blocked and how to allow those through so NinjaTrader is able to connect.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
                            Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by spottysallrite View Post
                              Yep, NT's version 8.1 doesn't work on Windows Servers. Several of us have been wrestling with NT for the last several months (yes, since March) about this. NT keeps insisting that it's the VPS provider, and/ or Windows. Their (NT's) solution is to get those others (eg, Google, Amazon, Microsoft) to fix this problem that NT caused and won't fix, and won't even recognize that they (NT) caused.

So, the only solution I know of right now is not to use 8.1. But, since NT required everyone (as of 6/23) to migrate to their new version, what do you do if you want to trade live on a VPS? You have to use 8.0.28.0. This is a major PIA because if you've already upgraded to 8.1 you have to do a full uninstall then re-install (for details, see https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...it#post1231900).

Despite the detail of the above, you might still have to re-do your .dll, commissions, SA templates, etc.

Forcing customers to change to a known bad version is customer abuse.
                              I run NT version 8.1.1.7 on my Windows Server from www.ninjamobiletrader.com and have zero issues. The login works perfectly, and have never had a problem with it. I think other VPS providers have problems with 8.1 because I see many other posts on here about it, but the Chicago VPS I'm using works great with both 8.0.28 and 8.1.1.7. My VPS providers takes care of all the tech and dependencies so everything with NinjaTrader just works. Recommend checking them out if your current VPS provider can't run NT version 8.1

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn  
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post carnitron