Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your patience.

I have received confirmation that as long as you do not connect to your live or simulated connection in the platform, the inactivity fee will not be charged. This means that the steps I previously mentioned to avoid the fee may be simplified. All that is necessary to make your connections similar to how you had them set up in 8.1 is to enable Multi-Provider mode:

When you launch the platform, you do not need to use a separate set of demo credentials. You may use your NinjaTrader credentials that you also use for logging in to the account portal. With Multi-Provider mode enabled, feel free to configure any other connections for brokers/data feeds other than NinjaTrader and connect to those connections as you'd like. When Multi-Provider mode is enabled, the screen that prompts you to choose between live or simulation does not appear, which results in the platform launching without automatically connecting to your account. As long as you do not connect to your live or simulated NinjaTrader connection then you can avoid the inactivity fee.

Thank you for your time and patience. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
      Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your patience.

I have received confirmation that as long as you do not connect to your live or simulated connection in the platform, the inactivity fee will not be charged. This means that the steps I previously mentioned to avoid the fee may be simplified. All that is necessary to make your connections similar to how you had them set up in 8.1 is to enable Multi-Provider mode:

When you launch the platform, you do not need to use a separate set of demo credentials. You may use your NinjaTrader credentials that you also use for logging in to the account portal. With Multi-Provider mode enabled, feel free to configure any other connections for brokers/data feeds other than NinjaTrader and connect to those connections as you'd like. When Multi-Provider mode is enabled, the screen that prompts you to choose between live or simulation does not appear, which results in the platform launching without automatically connecting to your account. As long as you do not connect to your live or simulated NinjaTrader connection then you can avoid the inactivity fee.

Thank you for your time and patience. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
      Thanks NinjaTrader_Emily for your help. I was wondering about what would happen if I used a demo login to connect to Multi Broker as that is only free with a Lifetime License and a demo I assume is not associated with a Lifetime License.

So from what you write above I can use my regular login for 8.1 that I use for dashboard and check Multi Broker. After that it will work like 8.0 allowing you to pick a broker when you sign in everytime? And how do you confirm the Sim is a different one from NT so as to avoid the fee?

Besides IB is TD Ameritrade a broker thst I can use with 8.1 version?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your response.

If you use a demo login to connect with Multi-Provider (not to be confused with Multi-Broker; these terms are not synonymous) then your connections would just be for data. As I mentioned previously, version 8.1 no longer uses license keys. If you have an existing license key, you could migrate your license key into the latest version per the guide here:There is a Multi-Broker add-on available for purchase within the account portal to allow you to trade live with other brokers via the Multi-Provider connections. If you already have an existing license key that would allow Multi-Broker access, then the add-on will be enabled on your account when you migrate your license key and you would not have to purchase it. The following help article about the Multiple Broker add-on also contains some FAQs that might help to clarify this further:You may log in to 8.1 with your existing login credentials. Then, you will want to enable Multi-Provider mode (you said Multi Broker and I just want to make sure you understand the difference). After that, it will be very similar to 8.0 where you launch the platform and then you have to select your desired connection from the Control Center > Connections list. To confirm the sim is different from NinjaTrader, you may go to Control Center > Configure > Connections and change your connection names and other settings as desired to help differentiate between them.

TD Ameritrade is a supported broker for NinjaTrader, though only Equities and Indexes are supported instrument types as shown in the Data By Provider grid here:Thank you for your time and patience.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your response.

If you use a demo login to connect with Multi-Provider (not to be confused with Multi-Broker; these terms are not synonymous) then your connections would just be for data. As I mentioned previously, version 8.1 no longer uses license keys. If you have an existing license key, you could migrate your license key into the latest version per the guide here:There is a Multi-Broker add-on available for purchase within the account portal to allow you to trade live with other brokers via the Multi-Provider connections. If you already have an existing license key that would allow Multi-Broker access, then the add-on will be enabled on your account when you migrate your license key and you would not have to purchase it. The following help article about the Multiple Broker add-on also contains some FAQs that might help to clarify this further:You may log in to 8.1 with your existing login credentials. Then, you will want to enable Multi-Provider mode (you said Multi Broker and I just want to make sure you understand the difference). After that, it will be very similar to 8.0 where you launch the platform and then you have to select your desired connection from the Control Center > Connections list. To confirm the sim is different from NinjaTrader, you may go to Control Center > Configure > Connections and change your connection names and other settings as desired to help differentiate between them.

TD Ameritrade is a supported broker for NinjaTrader, though only Equities and Indexes are supported instrument types as shown in the Data By Provider grid here:Thank you for your time and patience.
          Thanks NinjaTrader_Emily for your patience. I signed on to my TD Ameritrade account for now to test it. I see the green light next to it but also next to live and sim NT Brokerage accounts. I did not see a disconnect feed button next to the Continuum feed as I did in 8.0 version.

Also I had a Lifetime before March 2023 so it seems I am already enabled for Multiple Broker I suppose from what I read. But my dashboard still says it is $99 a month. Can you confirm that it is enabled for me? I am not supposed to pay $99 a month.

Thanks.
          Last edited by Trader17; 05-04-2023, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your reply.

For us to better assist you, please send us an email with your diagnostic files. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.​

We can go over your account details on an individual basis rather than publicly on the forums and we would also be glad to take a look at how your connections are set up according to your diagnostic information.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

For us to better assist you, please send us an email with your diagnostic files. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.​

We can go over your account details on an individual basis rather than publicly on the forums and we would also be glad to take a look at how your connections are set up according to your diagnostic information.

We look forward to assisting you further.
              Will do so NinjaTrader_Emily I even tried to restart and now NT8 is coming up blank and not connecting to anything!! Can you also check if Multi Provider is activated on my account as dashboard keeps saying I need to pay $99 a month.
              And I cannot even send anything as I am not connected to any data even though I logged in again with NT8 user ID and password!!
              Thanks.
              Last edited by Trader17; 05-04-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Please include those details with your email and we would be glad to address your concerns.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                0 responses