Continuum Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum Connection

Hello. In version 8.0 I would avoid inactivity fees by not logging into live Continuum fed account and also had a safeguard to sign in to connection every time NT8 was started to avoid being signed in accidentally. I do not see this choice in version 8.1 as I only see choice under connections for live and simulated account. How do I go about staying only in sim mode and signed in to live account to avoid inactivity fee?
    Thanks.

If you mean NinjaTrader Brokerage isn't there now a minimum number of trades whether or not you sign in?
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
      If you mean NinjaTrader Brokerage isn't there now a minimum number of trades whether or not you sign in?
      No. Only if you sign in to live account there is an inactivity fee if you do not place at least one round turn a month. So in 8.0 some months I just stayed signed off my Continuum feed for live account to avoid fees.

Comment

Interesting. Let's see if NinjaTrader can confirm there is still such a policy.
        Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your post.

With version 8.1 of NinjaTrader, if you log in with the username and password tied to your live account (whether you select Live or Simulation) and you do not place 1 trade during that month then the account is subject to the inactivity fee. There is no simulation-only option.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
            Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your post.

With version 8.1 of NinjaTrader, if you log in with the username and password tied to your live account (whether you select Live or Simulation) and you do not place 1 trade during that month then the account is subject to the inactivity fee. There is no simulation-only option.

Thanks NinjaTrader_Emily That seems unfair. I thought after signing in you can choose sim mode and avoid the fee. So using 8.0 is only way around that for now? Can Ninja Trader make this sign in for 8.1 same as 8.0 version? Some months just prefer sim trading. Can you escalate this to upper staff? Seems unfair to me. Sure other users will agree.

Comment

Interesting. Let's see if NinjaTrader can confirm there is still such a policy.
              QuantKey_Bruce looks like NinjaTrader_Emily confirmed it. Wish they change it as I do not like being forced to trade live under pressure to avoid some fee.

Comment

I understand. But, I would say you're not under pressure to avoid the fee if you're not ready to trade live. Don't trade live if you do not want to. The fee is small and reasonable to keep your live trading account in active status.
                Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your post.

Hi Emily question about "inactivity fee"
                  When a client accesses/logs in to the New Account Management Dashboard to view statements.
                  Does this trigger a fee if you do not trade for the month?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sonia0101 View Post

Hi Emily question about "inactivity fee"
                    When a client accesses/logs in to the New Account Management Dashboard to view statements.
                    Does this trigger a fee if you do not trade for the month?
                    Thanks

Hello sonia0101,

Thank you for your note.

No, the fee does not apply to logging into the account dashboard. The fee applies to connecting to your live account in NinjaTrader.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
                    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just save a monthly recurring calendar reminder for yourself to round trip a micro once per month

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader_Emily can you put in a suggestion to revert the sign in status in version 8.1 back to 8.0 version? Makes sense for those who are not rady to trade live right away.
                        Thanks.

Comment

I understand. But, I would say you're not under pressure to avoid the fee if you're not ready to trade live. Don't trade live if you do not want to. The fee is small and reasonable to keep your live trading account in active status.
                          But some folks like to trade sim for a while before going live. And it is like $25 to $50 a month. Not cheap by any standard. Other brokers do not charge these types of fees.
                          QuantKey_Bruce

Comment

I suppose it's a trade-off, if you want to have a live funded account well in advance of when you are going to trade it. If you don't open a live funded account there are of course no inactivity fees. Still, I understand what you are saying. In the 8.0 setup, there was not this fee and now there is, and it would be nice if there were not again.
                            Bruce DeVault

Comment

I suppose it's a trade-off, if you want to have a live funded account well in advance of when you are going to trade it. If you don't open a live funded account there are of course no inactivity fees. Still, I understand what you are saying. In the 8.0 setup, there was not this fee and now there is, and it would be nice if there were not again.
                              With 8.1 you have no choice. NinjaTrader_Emily or NinjaTrader_ChelseaB can one have just a data feed without a live account just to sim trade in version 8.1 just released? QuantKey_Bruce you cannot even sim trade in version 8.1 without a live account as I understand. Unless NT8 allows you to use the Lifetime License with a data feed and no live account. Waiting to see how they respond.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post burtoninlondon  
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn