Collapse

Continuum Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, when you're signing up for an account, you can choose the "not ready to trade live?" link below the option to apply for an account, and you get live market data for 14 days free. After that, are you saying that you cannot go to Profile -> Settings -> Plan and subscribe to market data without funding a trading account?
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your patience.

You can get a free trial of NinjaTrader that will allow you to sim trade with version 8.1 using your demo credentials rather than your live account credentials. For more details on creating a demo account:

Additionally, you may import your license key via the account portal once your demo is created:

This should allow you to sim trade with your license entitlements without connecting to your live account and subjecting you to the inactivity fee. You would simply use your demo credentials on the sign-in screen when launching NinjaTrader rather than the credentials tied to your live account.

As for signing in as simulation only rather than having the sign-in screen automatically count as a sign-in to the live account, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
        So, when you're signing up for an account, you can choose the "not ready to trade live?" link below the option to apply for an account, and you get live market data for 14 days free. After that, are you saying that you cannot go to Profile -> Settings -> Plan and subscribe to market data without funding a trading account?
        I guess not. Does not make sense as we are buying a Lifetime License and cannot sim trade in version 8.1 without placing a live trade to avoid fees. NinjaTrader_Emily said it does not matter. Once you sign on to platform with or without data I assume they hit you with a fee. NinjaTrader_ChelseaB has been there over 10 years. Maybe he can guide us better? What if someone buys a Lifetime License and does not open an account? Can they feed a data source into the new 8.1 platform from another broker?
        QuantKey_Bruce

Comment

If you do not open an account and you have another data source e.g. Kinetick or Interactive Brokers or whatever for futures and if you have a multi-broker entitlement, or if you are trading Forex and you have a Forex feed from whatever source, or if you have a data source from a combine, you should be able to feed NinjaTrader that data without a funded account using multi provider mode.
          Bruce DeVault

Comment

Originally posted by Trader17 View Post

I guess not. Does not make sense as we are buying a Lifetime License and cannot sim trade in version 8.1 without placing a live trade to avoid fees. NinjaTrader_Emily said it does not matter. Once you sign on to platform with or without data I assume they hit you with a fee. NinjaTrader_ChelseaB has been there over 10 years. Maybe he can guide us better? What if someone buys a Lifetime License and does not open an account? Can they feed a data source into the new 8.1 platform from another broker?
            QuantKey_Bruce
            If you would like to launch NinjaTrader and feed data into the platform from another broker, I still suggest creating demo login credentials (process described in my answer from post number 17) so that you are not launching the platform with the credentials tied to your live account. Then, you may enable Multi-Provider mode in the platform to connect to data from another data provider/broker. For more information on enabling Multi-Provider mode:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
              Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your patience.

You can get a free trial of NinjaTrader that will allow you to sim trade with version 8.1 using your demo credentials rather than your live account credentials. For more details on creating a demo account:

Additionally, you may import your license key via the account portal once your demo is created:

This should allow you to sim trade with your license entitlements without connecting to your live account and subjecting you to the inactivity fee. You would simply use your demo credentials on the sign-in screen when launching NinjaTrader rather than the credentials tied to your live account.

As for signing in as simulation only rather than having the sign-in screen automatically count as a sign-in to the live account, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
              Think we just crossed messages. So what I could make bold above from your reply NinjaTrader_Emily only applies to version 8.0, correct?

Comment

If you would like to launch NinjaTrader and feed data into the platform from another broker, I still suggest creating demo login credentials (process described in my answer from post number 17) so that you are not launching the platform with the credentials tied to your live account. Then, you may enable Multi-Provider mode in the platform to connect to data from another data provider/broker. For more information on enabling Multi-Provider mode:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                Thanks. This new version is too complicated for sure. NinjaTrader_Emily So I create a different sign in altogether for the new broker and not my existing one used for dashboard and platform?
                Thanks.

Comment

If you do not open an account and you have another data source e.g. Kinetick or Interactive Brokers or whatever for futures and if you have a multi-broker entitlement, or if you are trading Forex and you have a Forex feed from whatever source, or if you have a data source from a combine, you should be able to feed NinjaTrader that data without a funded account using multi provider mode.
                  So in that case you have no choice in 8.1 but to close the Ninja Brokerage account then. This 8.1 is a pain for sure.

Comment

You can create more than one account. Just use a different email address.
                    Bruce DeVault

Comment

Thanks. This new version is too complicated for sure. NinjaTrader_Emily So I create a different sign in altogether for the new broker and not my existing one used for dashboard and platform?
                      Thanks.
                      My directions were related to version 8.1 and not 8.0. You already outlined a process that works for you in 8.0 to ensure you are not connecting to your NinjaTrader account and that should continue to work as you described for 8.0.

The workaround in 8.1 to completely make sure you are not subject to the inactivity fee would be as follows:I did previously mention that I am submitting a feature request, although prior to doing so I am confirming some additional details with my team. I suspect that you might be able to enable multi-provider mode and still launch NinjaTrader with your live credentials on the sign-in screen on startup. As long as you do not connect to the simulation or live connections tied to your live credentials, I am curious if the inactivity fee would still be assessed or not simply based on using the credentials to launch the platform. I will follow up once I have received confirmation, and I will still submit a feature request if necessary.

I appreciate your time and patience. I understand the changes that come along with version 8.1 might be confusing. I suggest taking advantage of our support site when you have questions; there is a chatbot available in the bottom-right corner that can point you to relevant help articles or you may use the search bar to try and find a help article related to your query:

This is a helpful resource that could help you to get answers more quickly than posting in the forum or emailing our support team, though our support staff is always here to assist with any questions you might have. We would be glad to clarify anything that is still confusing or unclear to you.

As mentioned, I will follow up once I clarify the details related to the platform sign-in screen and connecting to another provider via Multi-Provider mode. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Comment

My directions were related to version 8.1 and not 8.0. You already outlined a process that works for you in 8.0 to ensure you are not connecting to your NinjaTrader account and that should continue to work as you described for 8.0.

The workaround in 8.1 to completely make sure you are not subject to the inactivity fee would be as follows:I did previously mention that I am submitting a feature request, although prior to doing so I am confirming some additional details with my team. I suspect that you might be able to enable multi-provider mode and still launch NinjaTrader with your live credentials on the sign-in screen on startup. As long as you do not connect to the simulation or live connections tied to your live credentials, I am curious if the inactivity fee would still be assessed or not simply based on using the credentials to launch the platform. I will follow up once I have received confirmation, and I will still submit a feature request if necessary.

I appreciate your time and patience. I understand the changes that come along with version 8.1 might be confusing. I suggest taking advantage of our support site when you have questions; there is a chatbot available in the bottom-right corner that can point you to relevant help articles or you may use the search bar to try and find a help article related to your query:

This is a helpful resource that could help you to get answers more quickly than posting in the forum or emailing our support team, though our support staff is always here to assist with any questions you might have. We would be glad to clarify anything that is still confusing or unclear to you.

As mentioned, I will follow up once I clarify the details related to the platform sign-in screen and connecting to another provider via Multi-Provider mode. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.
                        Thanks NinjaTrader_Emily This is so confusing. The demo you refer to is only good for 14 days. Will they let me hold on to the new sign longer than that? I thought that sim license will expire too in 14 days.
                        Thanks.

Comment

I suppose it's a trade-off, if you want to have a live funded account well in advance of when you are going to trade it. If you don't open a live funded account there are of course no inactivity fees. Still, I understand what you are saying. In the 8.0 setup, there was not this fee and now there is, and it would be nice if there were not again.
                          You the customer are paying for the data. Why should you be charged just because you did not take a trade. This fee is just so NT can make money-IMO
                          I mean TDA-Schwab, Tasty, Tradestation, Amp just to name some they don't have inactivity fee$$

Comment

Hopefully NinjaTrader support will clarify if it is possible to sign up for market data without a funded account.
                            Bruce DeVault

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_Emily This is so confusing. The demo you refer to is only good for 14 days. Will they let me hold on to the new sign longer than that? I thought that sim license will expire too in 14 days.
                              Thanks.
                              Hello Trader17,

Thank you for your note.

Although the demo data is good for 14 days, the credentials to sign in and launch the platform are still valid after the 14 days. You would be able to connect to other connections that you have set up once the Multi-Provider mode is enabled. NinjaTrader version 8.1 does not use licenses, so the "license" does not expire after 14 days.

sonia0101 and QuantKey_Bruce,
                              Please see the information in post number 5 of this thread:
                              Hello. In version 8.0 I would avoid inactivity fees by not logging into live Continuum fed account and also had a safeguard to sign in to connection every time NT8 was started to avoid being signed in accidentally. I do not see this choice in version 8.1 as I only see choice under connections for live and simulated account. How

There is no simulation-only option in NinjaTrader. If you access live data from your NinjaTrader account, whether you connect via simulation or live, and you do not place a trade during that month then the inactivity fee will be assessed. An account is required to subscribe for market data, and if that market data is accessed then the account is subject to the inactivity fee unless a trade is placed for that month. If you do not connect to your account for the month (again, this applies to simulation and live) then the fee will not be assessed.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_Emily for all the help. Please keep us posted when you find out more details and if the sign in in 8.1 can be left like it was 8.0 before. That would be awesome. So QuantKey_Bruce so buy a Lifetime License but use a broker other than NT to avoid fees. Or use NT brokerage and trade at least once. sonia0101 you are correct. Other brokers do not have any inactivity fees.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Tin34, Today, 03:30 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Tin34
                                by Tin34

Started by sastrades, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes