Version 8.0.28 Will Not Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 8.0.28 Will Not Download

I am running NT8.0.27.1 version and have not converted to version 8.1 yet. NinjaTrader Version 8.0.28.0 was released recently and I want to download it. I am already logged into NT 8.0.7.1 and I am being asked to log in again to download NT8.0.28. However, when I log in my ID and password are rejected and I am ask to login again. What is is going on? Are you not supporting 8.0.7.1 or you are mixing the sign in with 8.1 version sign in requirements?

Thanks.

Hi aligator, You can download either NinjaTrader 8.1 or 8.0.28 from the user dashboard on the bottom left of the page. If the credentials are not being accepted, please try resetting the password and use a new password to log into the client dashboard.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hi aligator, You can download either NinjaTrader 8.1 or 8.0.28 from the user dashboard on the bottom left of the page. If the credentials are not being accepted, please try resetting the password and use a new password to log into the client dashboard.
      Thanks Chris. I am on 8.0 also. Will I lose all my saved scripts when I upgrade to 8.1? Will volumetric bar scripts from 8.0 work in 8.1? How do I import all my files to 8.1?
      Thanks.

Comment

Hi Trader17, All of your scripts will remain untouched after upgrading. To use the OrderFlow suite, you will need to import your lifetime license key through your account on the web browser, log in here, then go to the top left profile icon>Settings>Plans>Import license key. After this, launch the desktop platform, log in and you will be able to use the Volumetric bars.

Comment

Hi Trader17, All of your scripts will remain untouched after upgrading. To use the OrderFlow suite, you will need to import your lifetime license key through your account on the web browser, log in here, then go to the top left profile icon>Settings>Plans>Import license key. After this, launch the desktop platform, log in and you will be able to use the Volumetric bars.
          Thanks Chris. I was afraid as chat online tole me delete 8.0 completely first and then install 8.1 from scratch. So that is wrong, correct? I will not lose any work if I upgrade to 8.1 from 8.0, correct? And code breaks?
          Thanks.

Comment

Most scripts are not broken. Almost no scripts written by regular users are broken. A very few commercial indicator scripts are still broken, because they were using unsupported features in Cbi.License. So, if you don't use any commercial indicators, you're fine. If you do use commercial indicators you might check with the vendors on whether they're compatible with 8.1. Almost all are, but a few are not.
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Hi Trader17, If the ADA chat bot told you to uninstall and delete your NinjaTrader 8 folder in the Documents that is not correct. All of your scripts are located in Documents\NinjaTrader 8, this is not modified when you install a newer version (if something her does change, it will not break code). There are no code breaking changes in the latest release.

Comment

Use the backup tool? Or, export them en masse as NinjaScript and import them all at once on the other side.
                Bruce DeVault

Comment

Originally posted by QuantKey_Bruce View Post
                  Use the backup tool? Or, export them en masse as NinjaScript and import them all at once on the other side.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Thanks ChrisL.

Two questions please:

1. I have a live account and have no issue to log into NT 8.0.27. I do not wish to upgrade to version 8.1 at this time. WHY my current user name and password are not accepted and have to reset my password to download the NT 8.0.28 revision?

2. I am not sure what page you are referring to for resetting password. The "Welcome!" page has no provision to reset a passwort and the only alternative is using Google log in after NT log in credentials are rejected.

Comment

On the welcome page https://account.ninjatrader.com/welcome there is a "Forgot password?" link right below the big blue "Log in" button.
                      Bruce DeVault

Comment

Hello aligator,

The Downloads page is in the Client Portal. You will need to sign in to the Client Portal to download NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.1.5.

Bruce is correct, you can reset the password if you are unable to login to the Client Portal.
                        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                          Hello aligator,

The Downloads page is in the Client Portal. You will need to sign in to the Client Portal to download NinjaTrader 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.1.5.
                          https://account.ninjatrader.com/download
                          Hi NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Ok, so I tried to change password from links you provided. I type my e-mail or user ID and here is the message I get:

"This email or username is not connected with existing account."

So far, all fails. What is going On? I have had a live TDA account for many years and no problem with NT8.0.27. Am I the only one?
                          Last edited by aligator; 05-03-2023, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                            Hello aligator,

Bruce is correct, you can reset the password if you are unable to login to the Client Portal.
                            https://account.ninjatrader.com/changepwd/request
                            I have been forced to use 8.0 also because they charge you inactivity fees NinjaTrader_ChelseaB if you even just log in to sim trading on version 8.1 for some reason. That makes no sense as some people prefer to sim trade for a while. Hope NT8 upgrades this in 8.1 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Hi Chelsea,

Ok, so I tried to change password from links you provided. I type my e-mail or user ID and here is the message I get:

"This email or username is not connected with existing account."

So far, all fails. What is going On? I have had a live account for many years and no problem with NT8.0.27. Am I the only one?
                              Did you upgrade last year when they migrated all the old accounts? I think I had to change user name and password.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn  
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post carnitron