Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to run Ninja on new windows 11 install running on Azure or AWS

Hello,

I have a new Windows 11 virtual machine running on Azure. I have run windows update and dowloaded and installed all the current windows patches.
    Using this same virtual machine I am able to login to Ninja website and download the latest version of platform and install it OK.

Once the splash screen is displayed I chose Live Trading and click he start trading button.... Nothing happens at that point.

In windows defender I have disabled firewall for incoming and outgoing connections (no firewall is running now)
    I verified my windows installation is running .Net framework version 4.8.04161

In the windows event logs the following error is seen:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 3/26/2023 3:54:22 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: XXXXXX

Description:

Faulting application name: NinjaTrader.exe, version: 8.1.1.2, time stamp: 0x641ae2ef

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2728, time stamp: 0xe7e53a4e

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000000000002cd29

Faulting process id: 0x19bc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d9601cb1a37441

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8\bin\NinjaTrader.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: ccbf102a-c3b3-4081-b30e-9170378327ac

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Log Name: Application

Source: .NET Runtime

Date: 3/26/2023 3:54:21 PM

Event ID: 1026

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: NNNNNN

Description:

Application: NinjaTrader.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowF orNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Handle NonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading .Tasks.Task)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait( System.TimeSpan)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(Sys tem.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System. Action, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.TimeSpan)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System. Action)

at NinjaTrader.AppHelper+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<OnStar tup>b__0(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System. Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()

at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

I have tried destroying the machine and recreating. Networking seems to be OK as I use the same machine to login to ninja website and download the software.
    Initial login screen is successful too. Also i have tried this on AWS as well as Azure and get the error on both cloud providers.

What am i doing wrong here? I noticed the framework version reported in error is not the framework version i am actually using. I am running the latest framework version 4.8
    verified by examination of windows reg key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

Just FYI - I am able to login and see the desktop using the older version 8.0.27.1 64-bit . I am not certain what connection I need to use as they all seem to fail.
    I can login fine and trade using the web based platform. I am assuming on desktop the default is Ninjatrader Continuum.

It seems the current version of platform is broken for some of us...

Comment

I'm having no problems running new ninja desktop 8.1 on a VM from ninjamobiletrader.com Your problem might just be the AWS and Azure instances are missing some dependencies, but since those providers are general purpose and don't have any application specific support, it's up to you to figure it out. Or just switch to a different vps provider where the new ninjatrader 8.1 runs out of the box.

Comment

Hi backtester831 - did you have to do any prep work for the ninja install on ninjamobiletrader? I assume they provisioned windows host already with required components already installed?

Comment

Support do you have any feedback on this ? Any ideas on what needs to be checked on the machine ?

Comment

Originally posted by mediaboy View Post
            Hi backtester831 - did you have to do any prep work for the ninja install on ninjamobiletrader? I assume they provisioned windows host already with required components already installed?
            I didn't have to do anything. The provisioned windows machine already had everything on it. I've been their VPS customer for awhile now, so when the new NT came out, I just downloaded and installed and the new version, no problems. A few days ago also updated to 8.1.1.2, no problems, everything working as expected. But even when I first started with them, I never needed to install any dependencies, it just worked so nice being able to focus on trading and not on computer management.

Comment

Originally posted by mediaboy View Post
              Support do you have any feedback on this ? Any ideas on what needs to be checked on the machine ?
              Unfortunately we don't have any documentation on what this particular service would need to run NT effectively. I would reach out to the vendor of this service for more information on running their software and what configuration or setup may be needed.
              Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanS View Post

Unfortunately we don't have any documentation on what this particular service would need to run NT effectively. I would reach out to the vendor of this service for more information on running their software and what configuration or setup may be needed.
                Hang on... Unless I misunderstand, we are talking about NinjaTrader and the vendor of this is.... well you. And people are reaching out to you on what the dependencies are to install Nt and you said that you don't know? Who should know then?

Comment

Please note NinjaMobileTrader is not affiliated with NinjaTrader in any way, this is a product a 3rd party has developed and is not an approved vendor of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Please note NinjaMobileTrader is not affiliated with NinjaTrader in any way, this is a product a 3rd party has developed and is not an approved vendor of NinjaTrader.
                    As usual, you are so quick to push the issue to a 3rd party to avoid taking responsibility. The issue has 0 to do with NinjaMobileTrader. Someone just mentioned that is run successfully on that. This is just you who latch on to this to avoid solving the issue. The issue is clearly that the OP is trying to install NT on a VM in either Azure or AWS and it is not working and the question is what dependencies NT require to install successfully. And your solution is to reach out to the vendor providing the service. You cannot seriously expect someone to go and ask Amazon or Microsoft what is needed to run NinjaTrader on their VM's? The requirements should clearly come from NT.

Comment

To clarify, as there are several VPS situations mentioned, specifically any instance of ninjamobiletrader will need to be addressed by that particular vendor. If you are running NinjaTrader on AWS/Azure, there should be no issue in doing so.

That said the VPS will need to be setup to be compatible with NinjaTrader and NinjaTrader will need to be installed correctly based on your VPS setup. While we can't necessarily help with setting this up, feel free to write to our support team with your log and trace attached and we may be able to point out certain configuration issues or errors that are occurring which may help point you in the right direction as to how to fix.

Comment

To clarify, as there are several VPS situations mentioned, specifically any instance of ninjamobiletrader will need to be addressed by that particular vendor. If you are running NinjaTrader on AWS/Azure, there should be no issue in doing so.

That said the VPS will need to be setup to be compatible with NinjaTrader and NinjaTrader will need to be installed correctly based on your VPS setup. While we can't necessarily help with setting this up, feel free to write to our support team with your log and trace attached and we may be able to point out certain configuration issues or errors that are occurring which may help point you in the right direction as to how to fix.
                        If you would be so kind please update this thread with what is found so it can serve as a resource for similar situations.
                        Bruce DeVault
                        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

This is literally the same thread as many others, for example: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...-does-not-open

Only thing I can share is my experience, and that is that I have no problems at all using the New NinjaTrader Desktop on my virtual machine from ninjamobiletrader vps provider.

My guess why everyone else is having problems with other virtual machine providers is that they're missing some dependency, but NinjaTrader support does not help with virtual machines. So you're on your own to figure out how to get it to work, or just switch to a ninjamobiletrader vps if you want it to just work without messing around.

Comment

This is obvious that the VPS need to be setup to be compatible to run NinjaTrader. The question is, what are these requirements from NinjaTrader to make it compatible? What components and packages does NinjaTrader need to be installed to make it compatible. I don't understand why you cannot provide a direct and clear answer on that. Surely you must know what the dependencies are for NinjaTrader?

Forget the fact that this is a VPS as you seem to have latched onto that to avoid answering the question. If I am going to install NinjaTrader on a Windows system, what are the dependencies and requirements to ensure it installs and runs successfully?
                            Last edited by sevensa; 03-30-2023, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I have had NT6.5 - NT8.0.27.1 running on my Windows/VMware/MacOS since between 2008 - 2023 without any hitches whatsoever, but I've NOT been able to run NT8.1.1.1/2/3 Desktop for a second ... WHY. I have submitted my case to NT SUPPORT without any resolution. Is NT8.1.1.1/2/3 repulsive to VIRTUALIZATION ?

omololu

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005
                              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM