Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader Desktop does not open

Good morning,
    I'm Italian and this was written with Google Translate.
    You recently released your new ninjatrading software, which I can't open at all.
    The software opens and asks me for my credentials, I enter them and click on the blue "login" button.
    I'm verified, meaning no "wrong username and password" message appears, and a tab opens titled "How do you want to trade?" where I have two options, "open account" or "test" (and underneath it says the total number of days left since the test, so I'm logged in, I'm attaching a photo).
    The problem, when I click on "Try", everything closes and nothing opens, even in the windows task manager the process disappears.
    In the Windows event viewer, I notice that the software generates 2 errors, which I point out:
    1. Source: .NET Runtime
      Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception
    2. Faulting Application Name: NinjaTrader.exe, Version: 8.1.1.1, Timestamp: 0x6409cbe8 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1949, timestamp: 0xcb12e58e Exception code: 0xe0434352 Error offset 0x0000000000034fd9 Process ID that generated the error: 0x1678 Start time of the application that generated the error: 0x01d95cbf48b27d71 Path to Faulting Application: C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8\bin\NinjaTrader.exe Path to the module that generated the error: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software, also resetting my PC, but nothing, I just can't see the graphs.
    Since I'm familiar with computer science, I tested the software on another operating system (Windows 8.1)

Every time, in whatever situation I tried to access the software, it always gave me the 2 errors I mentioned above.
    I tried with software version 8.1.1.1 and 8.1.1.0 but nothing.
    As for the "old" versions, I tried to install the "old" Ninjatrader, but I don't know how to login and what credentials to insert in "connections".

Can anyone help me to fix this error, and if not, where to enter the demo credentials in the "old" ninjatrader 8?
    I've been on this problem for 4 days now.
    Many thanks in advance,
    Matthew​​​​

PS: I tried using this command: sfc /scannow to no avail.
    Last edited by baio98; 03-22-2023, 11:35 AM.

Hello baio98,

Can you please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email, so I can investigate.
    • Open the Documents-->NinjaTrader 8 folder.
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Attach 2 compressed folders in your email.
    • Send the email to "support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com". Put 'Att Jason, 03807736' in the subject field of your email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    The 'Simulation' connection does not use username and password information and can't be used in version 8.0.27.1 or earlier.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 03-26-2023, 04:52 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I suffer the same issue, nothing happens when I click on the screen than baio98 has attached. I report this problem to Ninja Support and nobody has solved it. What could I Do? I need to live operating. All was fine with the 8.0 version. Thanks
      Last edited by interlife; 03-25-2023, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Hello, yes me to.. the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by maxwelll View Post
          Hello, yes me to.. the same problem.
          it is a very serious problem and surely that many have, because I also tried it installing it on virtual machines, I used all the s.o. microsoft and there is no way to open this software...
          The funny thing is that they let you install ninja 8.0.27 but there is no way to access it with demo credentials...

P.S.: I saw that they released version 8.1.1.2 but the problem is not solved​

Translated with Google Translate​
          Last edited by baio98; 03-25-2023, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello Matthew,

Can you please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files in an email, so I can investigate.
            • Apri la cartella Documenti-->NinjaTrader 8.
            • Fare clic con il pulsante destro del mouse sulle cartelle 'log' e 'trace' e selezionare Invia a> Cartella compressa (zippata).
            • Allega 2 cartelle compresse nella tua email.
            • Invia l'email a "support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com". Inserisci "Att Jason, 03807736" nel campo dell'oggetto della tua email.
            • Una volta completato, č possibile eliminare queste cartelle compresse.
            The 'Simulation' connection does not use username and password information and can't be used in version 8.0.27.1 or earlier.
            I will send these files later.
            In the meantime I have been using virtual machines and on no operating system the software works!
            Sure many people have this problem, and the fact that you can't use demo credentials for different versions of your software (that you still support) is quite ridiculous.​
            Thanks for your answer.

Last edited by baio98; 03-25-2023, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by interlife View Post
              I suffer the same issue, nothing happens when I click on the screen than baio98 has attached. I report this problem to Ninja Support and nobody has solved it. What could I Do? I need to live operating. All was fine with the 8.0 version. Thanks
              I tried to download version 8.0.27.1 and click on "skip" when prompting for credentials and it opens.
              The only thing is, I can't test the software because demo credentials are not supported.
              They spoke well of the Ninjatrader software, but I'm considering not buying this software ... I have not had the opportunity to try it and I have already found 2 bugs ...
              The first bug is that it doesn't open, the second bug opens but I can't open demo connections.
              A trading software must be very stable and precise, in short, it's not Paint, here I have to operate every day and insert my money!!
              How can you entrust money and operate with this software??? I advise you to rely on other software, especially if the programmers themselves cannot solve the problem.
              All this is absurd.

Last edited by baio98; 03-25-2023, 12:00 PM.

Comment

You could test NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 with the Simulated Data Feed or Playback connections. Please see the links below for more information.

Simulated Data Feed

Playback

I'm not sure what exactly is referred with "virtual machines". NinjaTrader is not compatible natively on a Macintosh computer and is not officially supported to run with virtualization software or cloud services such as Azure or AWS. Our support will not be able to assist with the setup of virtualization software or cloud services.

As a head up, using any virtualization software
                • Will cause a performance and internet latency impact
                • May cause issues with file paths and access permissions
                Using any cloud services
                • May cause issues with identifying logical processors
                • May cause issues with access permissions
                Further, any operating system issues encountered cannot be supported by our support team.

A Virtual Private Server (VPS) with a dedicated processor count would be recommended instead of using cloud services.

We also highly recommend using a PC computer which is fully supported, and not using a Mac which is not supported. That said, we have had some clients choose to run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware using virtualization software, such as Parallels, VMWare Fusion, and Apple Boot Camp at their own discretion, which will allow running Windows on a Mac. Below are notes we've collected from users who have decided to take the risk and work in an unsupported environment.

Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels 7 and greater:
                When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels 7 or greater users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
                1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
                2. Ensure Windows within the virtual machine is completely shutdown
                  (Meaning not in standby or in a saved state, but shutdown from within Windows)
                3. On the Parallels start page, press the "Configure" button on the top (or click the gear icon)
                4. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
                5. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
                6. Click the X in the upper left corner to close the Configuration window
                7. Start the virtual machine
                8. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
                9. Re-download and run the setup for NinjaTrader to recreate the settings folder
                  http://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted
                Below is a link to the Parallels documentation.
                https://download.parallels.com/deskt...uide/32922.htm

Configuring NinjaTrader for VMWare Fusion:
                When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running VMWare, users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
                1. Start VMWare and select your virtual machine
                2. Press the "Settings" button on the bottom
                3. Under "System Settings", select "Sharing"
                4. Uncheck "Documents" from the "Mirrored Folders" list
                5. Close the "Settings" window and start the virtual machine
                6. Start the virtual machine
                7. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
                8. Re-download and run the setup for NinjaTrader to recreate the settings folder
                Below is a link to the VMWare documentation.
                https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Fu...61C656492.html
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 03-27-2023, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Oh boy everybody is having this issue. I'm going to send you guys the files too. Same error here but worse bc I really need to be able to connect version ninjatrater 8.1 (bc of the multiprovider mode) to tradovate using apex. Jason, you are my last hope! lol

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    You could test NinjaTrader 8.0.27.1 with the Simulated Data Feed or Playback connections. Please see the links below for more information.

Simulated Data Feed
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...connection.htm

Playback
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...connection.htm

I'm not sure what exactly is referred with "virtual machines". NinjaTrader is not compatible natively on a Macintosh computer and is not officially supported to run with virtualization software or cloud services such as Azure or AWS. Our support will not be able to assist with the setup of virtualization software or cloud services.

As a head up, using any virtualization software
                    • Will cause a performance and internet latency impact
                    • May cause issues with file paths and access permissions
                    Using any cloud services
                    • May cause issues with identifying logical processors
                    • May cause issues with access permissions
                    Further, any operating system issues encountered cannot be supported by our support team.

A Virtual Private Server (VPS) with a dedicated processor count would be recommended instead of using cloud services.

We also highly recommend using a PC computer which is fully supported, and not using a Mac which is not supported. That said, we have had some clients choose to run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware using virtualization software, such as Parallels, VMWare Fusion, and Apple Boot Camp at their own discretion, which will allow running Windows on a Mac. Below are notes we've collected from users who have decided to take the risk and work in an unsupported environment.

Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels 7 and greater:
                    When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels 7 or greater users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
                    1. Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
                    2. Ensure Windows within the virtual machine is completely shutdown
                      (Meaning not in standby or in a saved state, but shutdown from within Windows)
                    3. On the Parallels start page, press the "Configure" button on the top (or click the gear icon)
                    4. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
                    5. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
                    6. Click the X in the upper left corner to close the Configuration window
                    7. Start the virtual machine
                    8. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
                    9. Re-download and run the setup for NinjaTrader to recreate the settings folder
                    Below is a link to the Parallels documentation.
                    https://download.parallels.com/deskt...uide/32922.htm

Configuring NinjaTrader for VMWare Fusion:
                    When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running VMWare, users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.
                    1. Start VMWare and select your virtual machine
                    2. Press the "Settings" button on the bottom
                    3. Under "System Settings", select "Sharing"
                    4. Uncheck "Documents" from the "Mirrored Folders" list
                    5. Close the "Settings" window and start the virtual machine
                    6. Start the virtual machine
                    7. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel
                    8. Re-download and run the setup for NinjaTrader to recreate the settings folder
                    Below is a link to the VMWare documentation.
                    https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Fu...61C656492.html
                    By virtual machines I mean virtual machines.
                    If you have a windows 10 pc, and you want to run software that you don't know if it's harmful or not, you create a virtual machine, where this replicates everything for the entire operating system.
                    So having Windows 10, I was able to test ninjatrader on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.
                    Versions 7.X and 8.0..X.27 work on all os, but there is no way to get the latest version to work.
                    However, I booted Linux and started a Windows 10 virtual machine (Again, nothing weird, it's a real windows OS inside Linux, it's not an emulator).
                    For reasons that boh, who knows, it works there.
                    Yet the steps I do to install windows 10 is the same.

So finally I was able to test your software, from Linux.
                    All of this is great fun.
                    My training school uses Ninjatrader and it will be difficult for me to use another platform. Glad I managed to find a way to open this software.

This has been translated with Google Translate.​
                    Last edited by baio98; 03-28-2023, 03:27 PM.

Comment

interlife
                      maxwelll
                      calster

Finally version 8.1.1.3 now works for me!
                      I think they finally fixed the problem, at least for my clean install of windows 10 it works perfectly now.​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by baio98 View Post
                        Versions 7.X and 8.0..X.27 work on all os, but there is no way to get the latest version to work.
                        This is in part because those older OS like Windows 7 and Windows 8 are out of support and no longer supply root certificate updates, so the https connections fail. The new version requires https so you can log in securely, but the older OS will not do that anymore without a lot of manual intervention. I'm sure it's probably possible to kludge them together so they would work (starting with downloading the new root certificates manually), but I don't think it would be worth it and you would be left running an OS that is vulnerable without any recent security updates.
                        Last edited by QuantKey_Bruce; 04-02-2023, 01:47 PM.
                        Bruce DeVault
                        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Baio, I have a virtual server too with gmail. Did you make it work with linux? I had no idea that ninjatrader supported linux. Can you believe that I talked to ninjatrader IT over tradeviewr over 40min and no one could find the problem. He told me it was a dot.net problem but i made the upgrade and it still doesn't work. You type username and pw and the process dies.

Comment

Man i'm creating another virtual instance maybe the new version will work for me. It's just i tried and it didn't. I will try to create another instance. This thing is so complicated.

Comment

Hello calster,

Please note that NinjaTrader Desktop is not supported on Linux. It is supported on Windows 10, 11 and Windows Server 2012 or later. See the installation guide at the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin  
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes