A1 ChartNotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1 ChartNotes

NinjaTrader_Jm posted a program in the User App Share, A1 ChartNotes, which I find very useful.

It works great except that the program title isn't visible in the Configured Indicators list. There's a blank line there, but, if you click on it, the configuration options do open.
    It would be great if you could forward this to him (his NT mailbox doesn't accept user messages) and see if he could either fix it or let me know how I could. The problem is definitely specific to the indicator because all my other configured indicators are visible.

I know just enough to be able to open a program file, change text, and compile the code.

Thanks, Stephen

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your post.

Private messages are disabled so we are not providing support through private messages. This is so other technicians may assist if need be.

The following code causes this behavior:

Code:
    public override string DisplayName
    {
        get { return Name; }
    }
    This code removes the parameters from the label, but if you blank out the label completely, it blanks out the Name property, thus blanking out the menu item.

If you want to blank out the label completely, without having the menu item blanked out, you can comment out this code and recompile:

Code:
    //public override string DisplayName
    //{
    //    get { return Name; }
    //}
    We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jim. That worked! I can see it now.
      I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth and, it isn't that important, but is there another simple fix that would get "a1Chart Notes" to appear in the configured indicators without all the parentheses information that's shown after the indicator name, e.g., (MES 09-22 (3 Minute), false, ...?

Comment

Hello Stephen,

Unfortunately not: It would come down to overriding DisplayName or blanking out the Label property:

If you override DisplayName and replace it with Name, it will remove the parameters from the label and from the list in the Indicators dialog.

If you do not override DisplayName and blank out the Label, the label will be removed, but the indicator will still list in the Indicators dialog with the parameters.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi , I'm triying to get the A1 chartNotes going But I am completelyt lost , can't seem to make it even appear in my charts , is this thread about that ? thanks in advanced for any tips

Comment

Hello Enrique Pena,

Thanks for your notes.

You could download the A1 Chart Notes indicator from the Ecosystem User App Share page linked below.

A1 Chart Notes: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../a1chartnotes/

Add the indicator to the Chart window and define the notes you want to add to the chart in the Indicator's 'Note 1 Text', 'Note 2 Text', etc. properties, and click OK.

See this demonstration video: https://brandonh-ninjatrader.tinytak...Nl8yMTk0MDc3Nw
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
            44 responses
            3 likes
            Last Post jhudas88  
            Started by rbeckmann05, Today, 06:48 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes