Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reedstickets
    replied
    Hi Patrick, I have it ATM st to currency and stop loss to "50.00" but it is calculating it as 5 ticks on all charts regardless of equity price.

TIA

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    replied
    Thanks Patrick,

That is great news. I actually have a strategy I created years ago in NT7 that traded a cash value amount of my account. It is a great feature and one that would make Chart Trader function perfectly for equity traders. One less thing to deal with in fast markets.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    If you're using ATM strategies, you could configure the ATM with a parameter type of 'Currency', This would allow you to risk a certain amount of dollars and NinjaTrader would automatically translate that into ticks away from your entry, For example, the CL is worth $10 per tick. If you set your stop loss to $100, then NinjaTrader would place the stop loss 10 ticks from your entry price. You can learn more about the different ATM parameter types here:

It is not possible to configure manual trading to risk a percentage of your account's cash value, however, this would be possible through custom NinjaScript programming. If you want to learn more about how to create a custom strategy that could do this, please start a thread in the NinjaScript forums or contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    started a topic Hard stop in Chart Trader

Hard stop in Chart Trader

Is there a way to add a hard stop to Chart Trader? Such as $100 stop loss (.002% of cash amount being traded?) no matter the instrument? Or, is there a way to quickly figure out the position size stop loss?

TIA

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post carnitron  
Started by strategist007, Today, 07:51 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post strategist007