Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reedstickets
    replied
    Okay , sounds like it should all do what I need. I will play with it tonight. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    It may be possible using the method described in post #16 depending on exactly what you're trying to accomplish. For example, have auto trail step 1 be your trail then make step 2 be the 'hard stop'. Here is another example where we utilize breakeven, then have step 1 trail the stop for 4 ticks, then a 'hard stop' at the 10th tick of profit:

the stop strategy would effectively be disabled and you could manually manage your stop loss without the stop strategy modifying further.

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    replied
    Yes, but I was looking to stop the ATM trail after a certain profit and take over the trade manually. I want to go to breakeven, then move then after some ticks auto trail to lock in profit and then not have the ATM trail do anything so I can take over the trade manually (place stop above below candles manually).

Hope that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    You can use a very high frequency to effectively turn the three steps of auto trail into another 'break even' single move. Here is an example where the auto breakeven moves the stop to breakeven after 5 ticks of profit then the auto trail steps move the stop loss closer at 7, 10, and 12 ticks of profit:

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    replied
    Actually one last question, is there a way to stop the ATM and take over manually or have it only move to trail for two times and then stop?

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    replied
    Okay thank you, That would make things a bit more efficient and be nice for me, but the fact that this works the way I need it to in ATM strategy has me happy. So thank you fr the help.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Yes, this is what the feature request I've submitted to the Development Team is regarding - a calculator for that.

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    replied
    While it is not working off a percentage of my account value I m able to accomplish what I need by simply dividing the stock share price against my account value to come up with a quantity of shares. Then plug that number into the ATM template with percentages based of of those numbers (in this case .2%).

Does this make sense?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    If it's functioning how you want it, then I've probably misunderstood your desire. The percentage tool is not based on your account value. If you're wanting to use a percentage of your account value, this would require custom NinjaScript programming. If you want to learn more about how to create a custom strategy that could do this, please start a thread in the NinjaScript forums or contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    replied
    Hi Patrick,

I had the % working perfect for me last night with sim data. What type of custom programming would I need?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    This isn't currently possible without custom programming. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4025. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-29-2019, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    replied
    Thanks for the help again. Can I run the "%" function and accomplish what I want? Place say 2500 shares of $10 a share stock. Set the stop loss to ..2% have which would be a $50 hard stop then set the .2 in profit/ autobreak even and have it move once I am up $50?

I will try to test in sim data if I remember how .

EDIT: Seems to have worked in Sim data. So Then I can create this one ATM and just calculate my shares for the instrument. Wether it be 2500 shares at $10 or 1250 shares at $20 my stop loss and auto break even can be set t a strict hard stop correct?

It would be nice to even have a little calculator built into the chart trader.
    Last edited by reedstickets; 05-22-2019, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Stop strategies can only be programmed in ticks or pips. You'll notice that when you have 'currency' selected for your parameter type, there is a 't' in parenthesis next to Auto breakeven and Auto Trail. This indicates the values will be ticks.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-23-2019, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• reedstickets
    replied
    I think I got it, it was a quantity issue. Will the auto break even be set to currency as well now? Such as up 50$ move to break even?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    What was your quantity? I would expect that NinjaTrader would change the tick value relative to the quantity. For example, when trading an equity, a currency of $50 would translate into 5000 ticks. if you traded 100 quantity, the tick value would be 50 ticks.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
45 responses
3 likes
Last Post johntraderuser2  
Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post TAJTrades