Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Place orders that appear on chart ungrouped as with ATM strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place orders that appear on chart ungrouped as with ATM strategy

Hello,

When using an ATM strategy with the "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission" setting, when OCO orders are placed, the left side of the order on the chart has individual labels that can be grabbed and moved to adjust the stops and targets. The orders do not group when they are at the same price which is great.

Is it possible to have this same capability with account.createOrder or any other method?

Thank you!

Hello neo302,

You would need to submit an order with a separate Atm attached using StartAtmStrategy().

Below is a link to an example.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello neo302,

You would need to submit an order with a separate Atm attached using StartAtmStrategy().
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tmstrategy.htm

Below is a link to an example.
      http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...555#post515555
      Thank you Chelsea. Is this approach viable or is there another approach when adding OCO orders to an existing position (that does not already have OCO orders)?

Thank you!

Comment

Hello neo302,

I'm not certain that I am understanding. Submitting an order (with or without an Atm attached) would change the account position.

If you want to submit a pair of OCO orders without an Atm, those could be submitted with Account.CreateOrder() and Account.Submit().

Comment

Hello neo302,

I'm not certain that I am understanding. Submitting an order (with or without an Atm attached) would change the account position.

If you want to submit a pair of OCO orders without an Atm, those could be submitted with Account.CreateOrder() and Account.Submit().
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...reateorder.htm
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt8/submit.htm
          Hello Chelsea,
          I'm sorry about that. I need to be more clear. I have some images that will help. I'm looking to add multiple OCO order pairs via code to the chart and have it look like it does when "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission" is set with an ATM strategy. With "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission", NT allows the user to easily move the orders (multiple Stops or Limits) around through individual labels when they happen to be at the same price instead of having to right click and increase / decrease the price. I'm currently using the methods you posted (Account.CreateOrder() and Account.Submit()) and when multiple OCO orders are added individually, the limit orders (or stops) are grouped together if they happen to be the same price instead of split out into separate movable labels. The individual labels are far more user friendly. I'm wondering how to keep orders at the same price ungrouped as shown in the top image below.

Additionally, I'm looking to add the OCOs to an existing position as mentioned in my earlier post.

I'm looking to do what is shown here when there are multiple orders at the same price:

Click image for larger version  Name:	KeepSelected.png Views:	0 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	1267214

I'm trying to avoid the grouping that happens when adding three separate orders and they happen to be at the same price:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Combined.png Views:	0 Size:	36.4 KB ID:	1267215

Thank you!

Attached Files
          Last edited by neo302; 09-01-2023, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Hello neo302,

By submitting Atm strategies from an addon with 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission' on the chart, the atms will be separate and will not be stacked.

Comment

Hello neo302,

By submitting Atm strategies from an addon with 'Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission' on the chart, the atms will be separate and will not be stacked.
              Hello Chelsea,
              I understand. I am attempting to have the following split out orders like below when adding OCOs to an already existing position (not when entering a position with an ATM). The position would already exist without OCOs and I'm looking to add OCOs to the position by clicking a custom button. I want the OCO orders that are added without using the entry ATM to be split out like below.

If it is not possible without an entry ATM, it would be great to have a setting that would allow this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	KeepSelected.png Views:	0 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	1267682

Thank you!

Comment

Hello neo302,

I'm not certain that I am understanding.

The sell limit and sell stop are stop losses and profit targets of an Atm Strategy. That is the behavior that will happen when submitting an entry with an Atm Strategy.

The stop and target should just be placed at the same prices the existing atm has its orders at.

This is the same with manual orders and with script generated orders.

Comment

Hello neo302,

I'm not certain that I am understanding.

The sell limit and sell stop are stop losses and profit targets of an Atm Strategy. That is the behavior that will happen when submitting an entry with an Atm Strategy.

The stop and target should just be placed at the same prices the existing atm has its orders at.

This is the same with manual orders and with script generated orders.
                  Sorry Chelsea,
                  Let me explain with new pictures.

I have an existing open position with no OCOs:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	OrderNoOCOs.png Views:	0 Size:	10.5 KB ID:	1267785

I later add OCOs (one at a time) by calling Account.CreateOrder() and Account.Submit(). The issue if the price is at the same price with the stop or limit orders, it creates a single label. To split the orders you have to right click and increase / decrease price.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	CombinedOCOsFinal.png Views:	0 Size:	52.8 KB ID:	1267786

When entering / adding to a position with an ATM and "Keep Selected ATM Strategy Template on Order Submission", the labels will be split out:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ATMSepLabels3.png
Views:	97
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1267790

I'm looking for the labels to be split out when I send separate orders to an existing / open position.

Thank you

Attached Files
                  Last edited by neo302; 09-06-2023, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Hello neo302,

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately, this is the behavior with single orders that are not part of an atm. This doesn't just apply orders from an addon, but also applies to manually submitted orders as well.

Comment

Hello neo302,

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately, this is the behavior with single orders that are not part of an atm. This doesn't just apply orders from an addon, but also applies to manually submitted orders as well.
                      Thank you Chelsea.

If we could get a setting or some way to have the labels split out in the future, that would be great.

Thank you

Comment

Hello neo302,

This request is being tracked with ID # SFT-6070.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Jonker
                        by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM