Historical Data Missing From Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother James,

I would like to apologize to you and anyone else I may have irritated with my
    partial meltdown Monday.

Indeed, a back up data feed seems to be the best option.

I am a bit confused on the subject however.
    I'm with AMP. What is the process to acquire an additional feed? I assume it has
    to be one AMP supports with Ninja and I think that only leaves Rithmic.

When I have requested a feed change in the past, the previous feed is terminated. So
    would I just pay a bit more to have both? ... I am quite ignorant an the subject.

I will send an inquiry to AMP. also...

Sorry again,

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_James View Post
    While this particular outage was limited to CQG/Continuum users, it was not a CQG/Continuum issue directly. What happened is that a data server stopped recording some data that theoretically could have also happened on a server providing historical data for Rithmic customers. So I do not want to say switching brokerage technologies will do anything.

I recommend using a back up data feed but we also have many users choosing to be redundant by having two broker data feeds with two funded accounts. For example, if you are at AMP, it may be possible to have a CQG and Rithmic based account. If one has downtime for whatever reason, you can still trade and not be affected.

This of course isn't a feasible option for all, and that is why I recommend a back up data feed.

Comment

Hello tderrick,

No worries, your frustration was understood.

When we recommend a back up data feed, we actually mean a data feed only and not another brokerage technology like Rithmic to use your example. The difference being that a data feed only provides data and a brokerage technology provides both data and order routing services. So, if you had a backup data feed, data would come from your data provider and your CQG connection would route your trades to your broker, this of course would ensure that you would be unaffected by historical data items like these referenced in this thread. Also, standalone data feeds often times have more historical data then what is offered with a brokerage technology.

With that said, many of our users have opted to have two brokers (one using Rithmic and one using Continuum, for example) or two brokerage technologies on two different accounts but with one broker (Rithmic and Continnuum at AMP) to mitigate risks even further. What this would accomplish is that if one technology completely failed, meaning no data and no order routing capabilities (if you remember ZenFire) you could still continue trading. This set-up would require a Multi Broker License to be able to use more than one brokerage technology simultaneously. You can upgrade your single broker license key to a multi broker by sending a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and paying the difference between the two keys.

We always recommend Kinetick as our preferred market data feed as it has been optimized for NinjaTrader, but there are others out there like DTN's IQ Feed. You will find Kinetick is one of, if not the best when it comes to price, not to mention it is fast and reliable. Most Kinetick subscribers spend ~$55 per month for their service which provides excellent data, redundancy, and peace of mind.

If you would like, you can send a note to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing this thread and asking for James and I will be more than happy to discuss these options in greater detail.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 04-17-2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Missing Minutely Data for 6-14 ES for Monday April 11

my minutely charts go from 4/10 directly to 4/14.

my weekend research is being affected.

is there any way I can get back the data from 4/11?

I am using CQG.

Interestingly I can make tick charts and other types of charts, just not minutely charts???

Many thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by kmpc1 View Post
          my minutely charts go from 4/10 directly to 4/14.

my weekend research is being affected.

is there any way I can get back the data from 4/11?

I am using CQG.

Interestingly I can make tick charts and other types of charts, just not minutely charts???

Many thanks for your help.
          Have you restarted NinjaTrader and reloaded the historical data on your charts (right click chart --> reload all historical data)? If there is still a gap, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with details about what you are observing.

Comment

Data for HG 9-14

My date is good till 5:15 pm et on 8-8-14 but after r that it has no charts and showing price at 0.0310 any help?

Comment

Hello lawdam,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument(s) have you selected? If a futures instrument, what expiry is selected? (Example: ES 06-13)

What interval is selected for your chart(s)? (Example: Tick, Minute, Day, etc.)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Here's the info
                NT 7.0.1000.22
                CQG
                HG 09-14
                30 minutes charts
                no errors in log just a Default ' CQG Adapter SubscribeMarketDataResolve; F.US.YM,M13 could not be resolved' I have 19 of those but none has the HG on then
                I tried the HG 12-14 contract month too same thing
                Last edited by lawdam; 08-13-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Hello lawdaw,

Thank you for your response.

Please visit the following link for information on how to resolve this matter: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Advisory/Advisory24.php

If you continue to see the same item, please right click in your chart and ensure you are on today's date for the End Date.

Comment

That is why I never upgrade to the news one but it got me anyway. I did what you said and from what I read the data will be restored on the 15th. thanks

Comment

Advisory reload didn't help

http://screencast.com/t/vK25dEFSxD That's a picture of what my Copper chart looks like. SI, Silver is the same way. Followed the reload instructions except my software connects automatically on start up. I disconnected from the server and did the reset and restart.

Comment

Hello Tradersnoop,

Can you right click in the chart--> Reload all historical data. Does this update your charts?
                        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tried that. nothing changes.

Comment

Hello tradesnoop.

Thank you for your response.

I would like to schedule support call with you to look into this matter on your PC. Can you send me a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick' in the subject line and a reference to this thread?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello all,

The historical data will not be updated until this weekend. Right now if you have followed the advisory, your real-time data will be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
                                The historical data is missing from the charts this morning and the option to update it is grayed out. This is with AMP CQG
                                Happened yesterday and it is the same today.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes