Collapse

TWS time outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I can see, the executions are plotted correctly in the chart. I am referring to the screenshot you sent earlier. I attached it in this post as well.

The first execution occurred at 11:16 PM. This would be the last 240 minute bar for 2/19. The exit execution happens on the next 240 minute bar - the first bar of 2/20.

The second trade is plotted as expected as well. Please note that buy executions can appear outside the range of the bar. This is because price bars are build from bid data. Buy orders are filled as per ask data. This is why the buy order for trade #2 appears above the price bar.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

UM NO. Your not seeing the problem did you look at the time that my broker has for the execution. 2:07 and 6:09 both AM my time that is the correct execution times. Ninja trader is plotting that trade 12 hours in the future. The time my broke has also works with when I actually placed the trade. I put that trade in before i went to sleep early in the day before and woke up already stopped out that morning I was trying to trade that bounce.

So what your trying to tell me that it is normal for a trade to chart off the bar by more than two pips, cause the spread is only two pips by the way. So your claiming my broker robbed me. You telling me that the normal two pip spread just happened to spike right then by more than twice the normal spread and then in the exact same hour, minute and second it reversed went all the way down and stopped me out???

Why don't you go do some research on how the market moved that day or get some one who can actually help solve this. Because it is not a mistake on how I am reading the chart. Or maybe step out of the coffee shop for a minute bro and put the spiff down cause your not paying very good attention. If you take the time you can clearly see the problem BOTH of them!

Comment

I compared it with the executions in your screenshot of post #29, not with your broker's execution times. NinjaTrader plots executions in charts as per the execution time reflected in trade history.

You can correct the executions as follows. Please make sure NinjaTrader is shut down and change your PC clock to 2/19.

Start NinjaTrader and select the Control Center-->Executions-tab. Right click the execution and select Remove.

Shut down NinjaTrader and change your PC clock to 2/20.

Start NinjaTrader and select the Control Center-->Executions-tab. Right click the execution and select Remove.

Once more shut down NinjaTrader and change your PC clock to 2/24.

Start NinjaTrader and remove both executions.

Shut down NinjaTrader and change your PC clock to today.

Start NinjaTrader and navigate to the Control Center-->Executions-tab again. Right click and select Add. You can now manually add the executions using the correct timestamp. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

This may be a fix but it's a fix that is failing to address the issue. Factually at this point I don't think you even know what the issue is. We still haven't addressed my problem with loading the templates. This really making me concerned that ninja trader is not going to be able to do what I bought it to do. If it cant tell time right then how can i trust it to execute trades and manage positions?? I would like this problem to be fixed and my trust in the software restored. I am not just asking for a fix I am asking for guarantees that this is not going to repeat.

Know again I don't have time to work on this right know and again I am going to have to spend my free time fixing this software instead of trading. I bought ninja trader to make my life easier not harder.

Comment

I am not sure why the execution times differ between NinjaTrader and TWS. Can you please send me the log and trace files for the days in question - 2/19, 2/20 and 2/24 - so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, TWS time outs' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140327 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140327 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

You informed the chart template issue was fixed in post #23.

"Well the template issue has fixed its self"

If there is still an issue, can you please clarify what exact issue you experience with chart templates.

Comment

Ok I attached the log files and sent them to you. The issue with the template is the same issue with the importing data. It bugs out and freezes. today I booted up your software and rather than just give me a blank screen and no data displayed when I would apply the template. It decided that today It just would not work. So the whole thing froze.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Could you please send me the chart template. You can find them at the location below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7-->templates-->Chart

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes