TWS time outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWS time outs

Ninja trader keeps timing out while waiting for TWS to open. It just stops the process to quickly and I have to keep entering my dam authentication code. Is there a control file that I can set to give it more time??

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Which version of NInjaTrader are you using? (Help > About)
    Which build of Interactive Brokers TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All the recommended versions from ninja trader. The problem is not as bad as it was but I still have to go threw at least two or three tries to login

Comment

Hello Plutus'sfavor,

I suggest to try the following. Shut down NinjaTrader and go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7.

Rename the Config.xml file different.

Start NinjaTrader and enter your license key.

Create a new IB connection and check if the issue remains. You can find the IB connection guide at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just did that. Did not work perfectly still took 3 times to log in. The more potent problem is that I cant get any data to display the data is coming in I am not getting any error messages i just get a white screen. Also my trades are not displaying on the right day. I have attached photos.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Plutus'sfavor; 03-03-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and you select 'Reload All Historical Data'? If not, please disconnect IB and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the charts load data as expected.

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.

Comment

Ok I will try this please also look at he update I did to the last post.

Comment

If you create a new chart, do historical trades plot correctly?

Please generate a trade report at Control Center-->Account Performance-tab and check the timestamps of the executions that make up the trades in question. Subsequently see if the timestamps are in synch with the time in the chart.

Comment

I was able to plot up to 90 days back successfully. How ever i was not able to plot back a full four months. Also it is still not displaying my trade on the right bar. Its just not acting consistent I just pulled up a GBP/EUR on a 240 minute with 120 days it came up I applied my indicator template blank screen. then I changed the time frame to plot back to from 120 to 90 chart showed again. So i say ok must be the 120 days back change it didn't go blank still shows the chart

If look at the one picture you can see its on the fritz the one bar that is not plotting right the wick never was up there and my trade was in before then how did i get into the position when price never touched that point. Also when I generated the report it says i both bought sold at the exact same time.
                  Last edited by Plutus'sfavor; 03-03-2014, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Do the timestamps of the executions match in the chart?

Could it be the blank screen only occurs when a specific template is added. Am I correct the issue only occurs for this template?

Did you repair the database and deleted the db-->cache folder?

Comment

Originally posted by Plutus'sfavor View Post
                      I was able to plot up to 90 days back successfully. How ever i was not able to plot back a full four months. Also it is still not displaying my trade on the right bar. Its just not acting consistent I just pulled up a GBP/EUR on a 240 minute with 120 days it came up I applied my indicator template blank screen. then I changed the time frame to plot back to from 120 to 90 chart showed again. So i say ok must be the 120 days back change it didn't go blank still shows the chart

If look at the one picture you can see its on the fritz the one bar that is not plotting right the wick never was up there and my trade was in before then how did i get into the position when price never touched that point. Also when I generated the report it says i both bought sold at the exact same time.
                      Sorry I was editing my previous post and yes I followed all your instructions. I am not certain if the issue only happens on that template

Comment

Please note that forex charts are build by the bid price. Could it be the executions in question were buy orders? Buy orders fill at the ask price, which is not reflected in the chart. So it can seem the execution is not plotted correctly.

Buy and sell orders can occur at the same time.

Comment

Also if I pull up the same instrument on a different time frame it dose not show my trades at all.

Comment

Can you please enable ChartTrader and make sure the correct account is selected.

If you scroll back in the chart, do you see the executions?

Comment

Do you experience the issue for all instrument or a specific instrument?

Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently? If so, please tell me what exact steps you perform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aussugardefender  
                              Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                              14 responses