Collapse

TWS time outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again look at the time my broker has for the trade and where it charted in the photo. Also I put in the buy order long before then and previously it charted correctly. That sadly loosing trade should be displaying 4 bars back

Comment

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Transfer the tick, minute, day and cache folders to your desktop. These folders contain all historical data you have present.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to IB to load all data fresh. It will take longer than usual since all data will be loaded anew.

Create a 1 minute chart and check if executions are plotted as expected.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The issue with the blank chart seems to be directly related to application of the template. If I apply the template when I first open the chart or when the chart has already loaded the data. it gives a blank screen.
        Last edited by Plutus'sfavor; 03-03-2014, 03:51 AM.

Comment

I will attempt this in the AM as I do not have time right now. I have work tomorrow and cant trouble shoot it till tomorrow night.

Comment

OK, please let me know the outcome.

Comment

Could you also advise on the blank screen with the template please??

Comment

Please check if the issue remains after transferring those folders. If the issue remains, please create a new chart without a template and add the indicators one by one. Save a new template and check if the persists.

Comment

Well the template issue has fixed its self but for some reason the factually incorrect time of the trade has not. Please advise on any other steps I can take about this issue.

While obvious I guess I should state that I did the procedure as Jason recommended.
                  Last edited by Plutus'sfavor; 03-15-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Guess no ones home today hope I get an answer to this at some point.

Comment

guess the staff a NT takes st paddies day off

Comment

Can you please generate a report using the Control Center-->Account Performance-tab. Select the Executions-tab and check what time is listed. Check if the chart reports the execution at the same time. Please note that NinjaTrader timestamps price bars using their closing time.

If the issue remains, please provide me an example of an execution that is not plotted correctly.

Comment

An example can be found in the photo's provided I do not have ninja trader at my disposal at this time due to my schedule. I will be able to log in tomorrow and I can view the executions tab how ever though it is clear that the time for the trade is shifted nearly 4 bars forward in the photo if you compare it to the execution time provided by my broker in the other photo. Also the problem with loading the template has returned for some reason. I can work around it by changing the time frames around then back to the time frame originally specified when opening the chart as a work around. How ever I don't feel that my jumping threw these sorts of hoops should be necessary to do a little technical analysis.

Comment

I understand, but I would like to compare it to the execution time displayed in NinjaTrader.

As per the chart template, please shut down NinjaTrader and go to folder below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Delete the "cache" folder.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.

The db-->cache folder is used to quickly load data in charts, so the first time you load chart data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it will load data quickly again.

Comment

This would be the report you are looking for. It dose appear that the time of the trade is different from the displayed time in the chart. see attachment. I also deleted the cache folder as requested i have done this before though.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Plutus'sfavor; 03-23-2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Ok I deleted the cache still no luck same problem. Same work around works. Not happy about that by the way. Paid a good bit of money for this soft ware should do as it is told no.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by giulyko00, 04-24-2024, 12:03 PM
                                9 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post giulyko00  
                                Started by memonic, Yesterday, 01:23 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post memonic