Making dots bigger in sine wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

At line 52 in the NinjaScript Editor you will see a Variables Region. You can expand this by clicking the + box on the left of it. You will find these lines within that. Alternatively you can do a search for the variable by pressing Ctrl +F

You need to make sure it's compiled in NinjaTrader before you update your chart.The lock icon is only for system indicators. It is normal for it not to have this.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
      Hello,

At line 52 in the NinjaScript Editor you will see a Variables Region. You can expand this by clicking the + box on the left of it. You will find these lines within that. Alternatively you can do a search for the variable by pressing Ctrl +F

You need to make sure it's compiled in NinjaTrader before you update your chart.The lock icon is only for system indicators. It is normal for it not to have this.

Ok thanks, I finally got the chart to change the sine waves size, but I am now getting vertical lines, how do I get "dots"? I noticed in the charts you attached earlier that you went from wingdings to dots, how did you do that?

Comment

Hello,

All I did was toggle between the two lines of code that are there already. If you uncomment one line and comment the other, you will see the change as well.

Comment

Hello,

All I did was toggle between the two lines of code that are there already. If you uncomment one line and comment the other, you will see the change as well.

this is how the code looks in sine wave:

private Font pfont = new Font("Arial", 15, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
          //private Font pfont = new Font("wingdings",4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);

when I take away the forward slashes and switch positions, I don't get any markers, point or vertical line..what do you mean by toggle?

Comment

By toggle I meant to change this

//private Font pfont = new Font("wingdings",4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);

to

//private Font pfont = new Font("Arial",15, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
            private Font pfont = new Font("wingdings", 4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);

Once you've done that press F5 to compile and then reload the chart. If this is still not displaying it could be that you do not have the wingdings font installed to your computer and would need to use a different font

Defines a particular format for text, including font face, size, and style attributes. This class cannot be inherited.

Comment

By toggle I meant to change this

to

//private Font pfont = new Font("Arial",15, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
              private Font pfont = new Font("wingdings", 4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);

Once you've done that press F5 to compile and then reload the chart. If this is still not displaying it could be that you do not have the wingdings font installed to your computer and would need to use a different font

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.90%29.aspx

I have wingdings in ms office, how do I install a new font and which one?

Comment

You shouldn't need to install a new font unless you're trying to use a specific one you don't have.

So that we can better assist you can you provide us with your chart screenshots with both settings?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to this post.
                For detailed instructions please visit the following link

* http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Arkadin View Post
                  I have wingdings in ms office, how do I install a new font and which one?
                  You probably have Wingdings, as the font is installed by default in Windows itself: you almost certainly do not have wingdings. C# is case-sensitive. Edit the code to reflect the correct case.

Comment

Yes, on the original file you posted this was typed "Wingdings"

Please ensure you have not changed this.

Comment

You shouldn't need to install a new font unless you're trying to use a specific one you don't have.

So that we can better assist you can you provide us with your chart screenshots with both settings?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to this post.
                      For detailed instructions please visit the following link

* http://take-a-screenshot.org/
                      untitled 2 is with the forward slash on line 92

I can get the dots to appear but changing the size number in arial or winddings does not change dot dot size
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Gregory Arkadin; 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

If you were to change

to

private
                        Font pfont = new Font("
                        Arial", 20, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);

the size of the font will increase

Comment

If you were to change

to

private
                          Font pfont = new Font("
                          Arial", 20, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);

the size of the font will increase

didn't change again I,m almost positive line 178 is where I changed the dot size before but it does not work in win8
                          Last edited by Gregory Arkadin; 02-12-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

At line 178 we can change to use DrawDot instead of DrawText which you are currently using.

However there are some coding errors with the Draw Dot line that is currently there so you would need to change it to something like

179/180
                            Code:
                            //DrawText("dot"+CurrentBar.ToString(), true, dotText, 3, currDotValue, yPixels, currDotColor, pfont, StringAlignment.Center, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 10) ;

DrawDot("dot"+CurrentBar, true, 3, currDotValue, currDotColor);
                            And you will get this output
                            Attached Files

Comment

At line 178 we can change to use DrawDot instead of DrawText which you are currently using.

However there are some coding errors with the Draw Dot line that is currently there so you would need to change it to something like

179/180
                              Code:
                              //DrawText("dot"+CurrentBar.ToString(), true, dotText, 3, currDotValue, yPixels, currDotColor, pfont, StringAlignment.Center, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 10) ;

DrawDot("dot"+CurrentBar, true, 3, currDotValue, currDotColor);
                              And you will get this output

I tried this but the dots were way to big, also reduced the 15 to three in the new code and had no effect on size

Comment

Please send mail to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and provide this thread in the body: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=55778

In the email please include a time, timezone, and phone number for when you can be reached and we will setup a remote support call.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses