Making dots bigger in sine wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making dots bigger in sine wave

This is an indicator for the sine wave. The dots that make the sine wave on the chart are small, and in the past with Vista, I was able to enlarge them to a "3". Now with windows 8, nothing seems to work.....by looking at the code is there a way to get the dots bigger ?
    Attached Files

Gregory, so you tried enlarging them by changing the font size parameters in the Variables section?

private Font pfont = new Font("Wingdings", 4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point)

... and this would not work on the Win8 setup?

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Gregory, so you tried enlarging them by changing the font size parameters in the Variables section?

private Font pfont = new Font("Wingdings", 4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point)

... and this would not work on the Win8 setup?

Thanks,

yes, ...................

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Arkadin View Post
        yes, ...................
        After changing the font in the code, did you try removing and then reloading the indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          After changing the font in the code, did you try removing and then reloading the indicator?

yes from template did not work
          In the past all I had to do was restart NT and it would take effect

Comment

Gregory, so it was connected to loaded the study saved within a chart template?

I tried on my Win8 setup here and could normally change the fontsize for the dots to enlarge, and not needing a NT restart, just a reloading of the applied NinjaScripts via F5 would do.

Thanks,

Comment

Gregory, so it was connected to loaded the study saved within a chart template?

I tried on my Win8 setup here and could normally change the fontsize for the dots to enlarge, and not needing a NT restart, just a reloading of the applied NinjaScripts via F5 would do.

Thanks,

yes

not needing a NT restart, just a reloading of the applied NinjaScripts via F5 would do
              Ok step by step how do you do that?.

Comment

Right click on your chart--> select "Reload NinjaScript".
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                  Right click on your chart--> select "Reload NinjaScript".

didn't work

Comment

Hello,

I'm using a windows 8 computer and was able to increase the size by doing the following.

First locate lines 91/92 of the code

Code:
                    //private Font pfont = new Font("Arial", 15, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
                    private Font pfont = new Font("Wingdings", 4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
                    each of these lines are used to set the variable pfont. Right now the top one is commented out and not in use.

When i switch the comments between lines 91 to line 92 then it looks like this
                    Code:
                    private Font pfont = new Font("Arial", 15, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
                    //private Font pfont = new Font("Wingdings", 4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
                    The font on my chart changes to '3'

You can change the sizes by changing the 15 and 4 respectively.
                    Attached Files
                    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
                      Hello,

I'm using a windows 8 computer and was able to increase the size by doing the following.

First locate lines 91/92 of the code

Code:
                      //private Font pfont = new Font("Arial", 15, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
                      private Font pfont = new Font("Wingdings", 4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
                      each of these lines are used to set the variable pfont. Right now the top one is commented out and not in use.

When i switch the comments between lines 91 to line 92 then it looks like this
                      Code:
                      private Font pfont = new Font("Arial", 15, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
                      //private Font pfont = new Font("Wingdings", 4, FontStyle.Bold, GraphicsUnit.Point);
                      The font on my chart changes to '3'

You can change the sizes by changing the 15 and 4 respectively.

I did this but it still does not change the dots, is there something else that is missing?

Comment

Gregory, just to be sure, after changing the code for the size to be used, you did compile your changes in by pressing F5 in the code, correct?

Comment

Gregory, just to be sure, after changing the code for the size to be used, you did compile your changes in by pressing F5 in the code, correct?

I made the changes, then clicked save Then when I got into NT and had the workspace and chart clicked on reload

Comment

Hello,

Are you editing the code from outside of NinjaTrader?

If so you will want to ensure you open it up in the NinjaScript editor in order to first compile the code before running.

Tools-> edit ninjascript -> indicator... -> SineWave -> press F5 or click Compile
                            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lance View Post
                              Hello,

Are you editing the code from outside of NinjaTrader?

If so you will want to ensure you open it up in the NinjaScript editor in order to first compile the code before running.

Tools-> edit ninjascript -> indicator... -> SineWave -> press F5 or click Compile

I did this but I noticed lines 91/92 of the code were not in the program in edit" ninja script". I highlighted the icon and then pressed F5 and then reloaded the chart but still no change. I also noticed that the sine wave icon does not have a gold padlock next to it, if that makes any difference

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes