Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello fury661,

Thanks for your post.

Since release 7.0.1000.16 it is required to put in the settings under Tools> Options> Misc as development decided this was required to give better compatibility.
    Below I have provided a link to the Release
    Notes.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Brandon, very helpful.

I have a new problem then.

Per this thread, I have tried setting this up using three different email services:

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

I used these configurations. Each time I would hit "Test" mail I would get the following error:

Failed to send mail: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1
      Authentication Required. Learn more at

And then there was no link so I don't know where to learn more.

This is frustrating! Do you have any thoughts as to what is happening with this error message? I trade 240 and 360 minute bars, and I can go weeks without a signal... I've always used this indicator to push alerts to me so I don't have to remember to check at bar close 4 or 5 times a day.

Comment

Hello furry661,

Thanks for your reply.

What email services have you tried?
        How are you connected to the internet; wired, wirelss, 4g, satellite?
        Are you connected at a home or business location?

Comment

fury661

Did you read my message #29 in this thread and did you do what I suggested?

sandman
          Last edited by sandman; 11-12-2014, 04:55 PM. Reason: wrong addressee

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
            fury661

Did you read my message #29 in this thread and did you do what I suggested?

sandman
            Thanks for replying sandman. I actually had read and considered your message #29. I had two thoughts:

1st- My password is considered extremely secure by Lastpass. So I don't think I'm getting flagged as a password that is too weak.

2nd- This failed on 3 separate email services... so it isn't just Google.

I'm open to more suggestions! I have faith that I can get this to work.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
              Hello furry661,

Thanks for your reply.

What email services have you tried?
              How are you connected to the internet; wired, wirelss, 4g, satellite?
              Are you connected at a home or business location?
              I tried Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo.

I am on a wired Cable connection at home.

Comment

Hello fury661,

Thanks for your reply.

With none of these working I would recommend first restarting your modem/router.
                I would suggest to also add NinjaTrader to the exceptions list of any anti virus/firewall programs you have installed.
                You will need to exclude the following directories.
                C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7
                (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7

If this does not resolve please email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for further asstance.

Comment

Brandon / sandman-

Problem is resolved, and I now have emails coming to my email from Ninjatrader.

I restarted my computer multiple times... but after one of the restarts, it started working, I have no idea why.

I did re-enter some of the information prior to that restart.

I did this before I had a chance to try the Anti-Virus thing... but I had considered that it might be a firewall problem.

So, for anyone else reading this in the future... enter your information, make sure it's correct, and then restart your machine. That is two people on this thread for whom this method has worked.

And, here's a video to make everyone smile in the meantime...
                  NEW CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEjwgKUADCmMzhGHrlueKYwThis channel will become inactive in a few weeks. Thank you all for watching :)

Comment

Getting email alerts to work via NT

Dear NT, and NT forum readers,

I too am getting the dreaded message:

"Failed to send mail: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentification Required. Learn more at”

and at other times, I get another error message:

“Failed to send mail: System .Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed”

I have been working on this issue for about 3 months now . I've had no success with gmail or yahoo. I have set up the Tools|Options|Misc page precisely as directed by NT, but with no result - other than my NT platform putting up messages saying it is not working.

I have recently begun to get somewhere - I opened an AOL account, and have been at least able to get NT to successfully send me a "test" email successfully. Also, I can email a screen shot from NT to my AOL. However, NT still will not successfully send me my email alerts based off my indicator.

The indicator is from Ninjacators, and definitely works.

I have tried using different email services, set those servers to minimum security levels, tried different computers and all port and setting combinations I can think of, I've ensured my firewall has been set to allow the NT platform through the firewall. I've read through this thread and tried options suggested, including turning on and off the computer, resetting the modem, etc.

I have currently run out of new ideas and have come here to ask for possible help. Can anyone offer any ideas or suggestions as to what I can do to make this work?

Sincerely,
                    GreenT

Comment

GreenT,

Google's password strength measuring algorithm changed earlier this year, and considered my current password as being too weak or too old. This then created the error message 5.5.1 Authentication Required. etc.

Create a new password and one that Google considers to be strong. That is what worked for me. Then re-try using the NT email function.

sandman

Comment

Hello Greent,

Thanks for your post.

I would agree and suggest to follow sandman's suggestions. Thanks for your response sandman.

Comment

thank you sandman

Okay, I will go back and make my AOL password as simplistic as AOL will allow. If that doesnt not work, I'll create a new gmail account just for NinjaTrader, and make the settings as low as possible and the password as easy as possible.

And I'll report back.

Thank you! Sincerely, I appreciate your reaching out with an idea here!

Happy New Year!

Comment

this has got to work some day!

Thanks again Sandman.

I went back and made my AOL password super simple.
                            Unfortunately, still NT is not sending alerts when they trigger.
                            (I do receive the "test" emails, but never the indicator alert emails.)

Maybe it is the operating system?
                            Dear Ninja Trader staff - have you experience with using NT on a Windows 8.1 OS?
                            Has anyone had success receiving email alerts from NT when using Windows 8.1?

Sincerely,
                            GreenT

Comment

Hello GreenT,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, I have Windows 8.1 and this functions without issue.
                              You had previously said you were going to make your password easier. You will want ot try a more difficult password. Something with all the following for example
                              lower case letter
                              upper case letter
                              number
                              symbol

Comment

still workin' on it

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your response. This is a curious puzzle...

When my password was upper and lower case letters as well as symbols and numbers, the alerts never went through. To use the scientific method, and single out one factor at a time, I simplified my password to just lower case letters.In both cases the result was the same:

"Failed to send mail." "The server response was 5.7.1"

So it is unlikely that the password to my email account is the issue. (using AOL, and remember, I do receive emails successfully when I send screen shots and get roll-over messages from my broker. The indicators I am using have been sent to othres, who have successfully received emails when alerts triggered, so the indicators them selves are not the issue either)

As I continue trying to get this working, if you have any further thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn