Collapse

Connection lost - today's history missing - data server busy or not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection lost - today's history missing - data server busy or not available

I lost my Zenfire connection this morning and when it re-connected I lost today's history. Now when I try to Reload All Historical Data, I get the following message "Error on loading chart data for 'CL 04-11 Nymex'. Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try again later". I've tried several times without success, and without the history, I'm done trading. Any suggestions?

leafsfan,

If you have not, please try restarting your installation of NinjaTrader and reconnecting.

Please let me know you continue to experience issues.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you. That did work but I don't understand why.

Comment

leafsfan,

Thanks for letting me know that worked.

It is likely due to the connection issue you experienced... If your IP address or other ISP connection information was updated, the Zen-Fire adapter will not necessarily update this information dynamically. In that case, you would need to reestablish you connect to Zen-Fire. This is a current limitation.

Comment

missing data and reload historical greyed out...

I need help today with historical data, i have logged out multiple times, repaired the database, shut down my computer, etc....nothing is working so far. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello SlyCap,

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V6.5.1000.19 or NT V7.0.1000.4? You can check this under Help--> About.

Who do you connect to for data?

Which instruments, expiry and interval are you having issues with? (E.g., ES 06-11 5 minute chart)

Do you get live data to these instruments from the Orders tab of the Control Center or from a SuperDOM window?

Do you get any errors on screen? Any errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I am having the same problem. It takes much longer than usual to connect to the live feed, and in the log it says "Unable to connect to NT data server". I've restarted NT a number of times, repaired DB, restarted my computer. This is with zen-fire.

Comment

Radical,

Thank you for reporting.

We were experiencing issues with our historical data server a few moments ago. The issue should be resolved at this point. Please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect.

Please let me know you continue to experience issues.

Comment

wrong thread, sry. please delete this post

Comment

I just experienced a lock-up too and have restarted NT. If I uncheck under Options/Data/Historical "Get Data From Server", will it prevent it from happening again? The reason is that I am recording live data locally that NT servers do not store, and without knowing what the issue was, I now have a larger-than-necessary gap in my data charts.
                    Last edited by Tarkus11; 03-16-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Tarkus11,

Thank you for reporting.

Yes, unchecking 'Get Data From Server' will prevent from loading historical data from our servers, however if you experienced a lock up during this period, you would again see gaps in the data as there would not have been a source to record this data from live.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                        Tarkus11,

Thank you for reporting.

Yes, unchecking 'Get Data From Server' will prevent from loading historical data from our servers, however if you experienced a lock up during this period, you would again see gaps in the data as there would not have been a source to record this data from live.

Sorry, but could you clarify?

Live data is coming via a broker connection which I am recording locally as history, so if the Option to get Historical Data from NT servers is left unchecked, wouldn't I have not noticed a hiccup at all since I am not looking for data from there?

Comment

How are you connected from the broker connection? Is this a 3rd party API?

Are you recording this data from a live connection and then manually importing it into NinjaTrader?

Is this Zen-Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                            How are you connected from the broker connection? Is this a 3rd party API?

Are you recording this data from a live connection and then manually importing it into NinjaTrader?

Is this Zen-Fire?
                            I am not importing data. If the Option to "Save chart data as historical" is enabled and the option to get historical data from NT servers is disabled, shouldn't that bypass any historical server problem since there should be no request for data from there?

Comment

Tarkus11,

Yes, this option will bypass the historical data server. However, you will not have live data saved as historical during the time you restarted.

You need a live connection running for this data to be saved in your database as historical.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                              6 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post jgualdronc  
                              Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes