Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
    Tarkus11,

Yes, this option will bypass the historical data server. However, you will not have live data saved as historical during the time you restarted.

You need a live connection running for this data to be saved in your database as historical.

Thank you. This is good info to know because if the chart is getting live data and storing it, access to the NT historical server is not of paramount importance during the day for me.

I would rather bypass any potential hiccup during the day and only enable NT historical data access after hours or on weekends.

Comment

I have being having the same problem. I have tired repairing, restarting both ninja and the computer but nothing has resolved the issue

Comment

mikew,

Can you clarify your issue? Are you having issues connecting to the historical data server? Or are you seeing gaps in your data?

If you are seeing gaps, this is expected as this gaps are on the historical data servers.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Everytime i tried to load a chart i got an unable to load message

Comment

Hello mikew,

Can you please tell me which version of NinjaTrader you are using, NT V6.5.1000.19 or NT V7.0.1000.4? You can check this under Help--> About.

Who do you connect to for data?

What instruments and expiry are you trying to load? (e.g., ES 06-11)

Do you get live data to this from the orders tab of the control center?

Comment

nt 7.0.1000.4, Zen fire. ES 06.11 & CL 04.11

Comment

mikew,

I am not experiencing the same issue here on my end. If you have already tried restarting and that did not resolve the issue, please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot] come. Please include your most recent log and trace files, a reference to this thread, and 'ATTN - Matthew' in the subject line.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

* The log file will be named ‘log.20110316.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

* The trace file will be named ‘trace.20110316.txt’

Please attach both of these files to your next response. If these files are over 4MB, please let me know and I can respond with alternative instructions.

Comment

I thought it had resolved itself. But no it's happening again so sending email now

Comment

Im getting this "data server connection is busy" pop up,try again later.
                    What the deal here?

Comment

I haven't had the problem that the poster before me is having, but after reading his post, I went to check to make sure I could connect as normal, and the connection indicator at the bottom left corner of the Control Center window just stuck on "Connecting", and in the log there was this error after it showed that the price and historical feeds had connected: "Hosted.Adapter.OnConnectionStatusChanged: There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file. [ C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf ]" I simply restarted Ninja and was able to connect fine after that, but I'm just wondering what this error means in case I encounter it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by laredo78676 View Post
                        Im getting this "data server connection is busy" pop up,try again later.
                        What the deal here?
                        Hello,

The error message indicates you were unable to connect to the historical data server.

Are you still experiencing issues with this, or were you able to resolve?

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
                          I haven't had the problem that the poster before me is having, but after reading his post, I went to check to make sure I could connect as normal, and the connection indicator at the bottom left corner of the Control Center window just stuck on "Connecting", and in the log there was this error after it showed that the price and historical feeds had connected: "Hosted.Adapter.OnConnectionStatusChanged: There is a file sharing violation. A different process might be using the file. [ C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf ]" I simply restarted Ninja and was able to connect fine after that, but I'm just wondering what this error means in case I encounter it in the future.
                          This message indicates that there was another process on your PC which was conflicting with your database file. Restarting your PC will clear up any sharing violations in memory, however if you see repeated instances of this error, I would suggest checking any anti-virus programs that may be conflicting here.

Comment

Not Responding

Hi

I have got major issues with NT as it goes into Not Responding for hours and hours. I just cant not do anything.

To make the matters worse, i have contact NT via email and Website. For last 7 hours i have been waiting for NT to contact me to sort this issue out.

Still waiting. Is there no one at NT who cares about their customers.

sharmas

Comment

Saten,

This is Vince, manager in support.

I have replied to several of your notes myself. I think you are not receiving our replies.

In addition, keep in mind that your notes came in outside our official operating hours:

To serve you better, I have requested one of my team members to give you a call right away. He should be on the phone with you while I'm writing this response.

Vince
                              Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no every new chart i create craps out and if i change a time frame setting on an existing chart it craps out

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post burtoninlondon  
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn