Collapse

delayed zenfire data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering : Do all zenfire's user suffer this issue ?

Comment

Hello,

There are very few users experiencing the issue. I have about 15 open cases of this total at a max currently including the users in this thread.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I wonder if it could be possible that too much data is being requested and ZF throttles the data stream causing the lag? I've monitored my downstream bandwidth and although it doesn't exceed 600-1000Mbps (~75KB/s), it could be that ZF throttles at say 400Mbps or something. I do have quite a few market depth data streams in use (what the DOM uses) which need more data then just a tick/market datastream.

BTW, I've been using Kinetick a few days and I see no lag anymore.

Comment

Greetings from Finland!
          I have not recognized such long-lasting, systematic delays that have been reported on this forum. However, I have sometimes experienced short freezes (lasting a couple of seconds) followed by sudden data bursts. Difficult to say what's the root cause - could be the operating system, NT, or unsuccessful routing (Internet). I have 24MB ADSL (reaching occasionally 20MB on my ISP's internal network) and running NT7R2 on XP Pro having 2GB RAM.

Note: I do not trade / monitor the data feed regularly, so I might have missed many of the problems that I otherwise would have encountered. But I had a peculiar problem with R3: couldn't establishing Zen-Fire connection from home, only from my office behind proxies and excessive firewall and virus scan settings. Had to downgrade back to R2, and now the connection works again.

I have written a program to measure order submission, modification and cancellation times and have ran tests on my own home computer and earlier today also on Zen-Fire Virtual Machine with different products on Globex, Ice Futures Europe, Liffe and Eurex. The ability to eliminate two transatlantic 'legs' per order submission/modification (expectedly) more than halved the average processing times (e.g. in case of 6E from 300 to 100 msecs on avg from submission to the receipt of acknowledgement from the exchange), but perhaps surprisingly some orders still take more than 500 msecs to process on VM. Such occasional delays could well result from 'CPU jam' or 'NT instead Zen-Fire - the problem being that I cannot identify nor differentiate between the various factors contributing to the delays.

I am pretty sure that Pat Shaughnessy of Zen-Fire is paying serious attention to this issue at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by miket523 View Post
            Update: This problem definitely appears to be volume related. As soon as 9:30 Eastern hit the data immediately got delayed way worse. Can't help but be disappointed with Ray's last post. Reminds me of my old days with Tradestation!
            Agreed. I'm getting delays on market open (9:30 EST) too. It's not NT's problem, its ZenFire datafeed, cause i experience the same lags using Rithmic's R-Trader platform. My broker is AMP, but i think all brokers use the same ZenFire server.
            Last edited by kosmipt; 03-09-2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              Hello,

There are very few users experiencing the issue. I have about 15 open cases of this total at a max currently including the users in this thread.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

same is here. not posting doesn't mean not having the problem.
              I just follow the thread. there're some more like me. for sure.

the problem exists! and it's not windows, PC config, time stamp or bandwidth.

It's a datafeed problem because other sources work as expected.

Comment

Interesting fact, everyone who has a problem is international. No Americans/Canadians have this issue lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PraveenMut View Post
                  Interesting fact, everyone who has a problem is international. No Americans/Canadians have this issue lol.
                  Not true. I'm in the US.

Comment

In the US as well

Comment

Not sure if this is contributing factor to the ongoing issues concerning Zenfire and NT but this morning is the first time I have seen this issue in a while. Days to load is not behaving correctly. It might be worth the time to check into this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

TAJ,

Thanks for the post.

This has to do with session templates and is not related to this thread. Most likely it is simply due to you need to use a days to load of 0 for only the current day. Days to load 1 will load back data for the previous day.

Please email this to me at support at ninjatrader dot com and put ATTN: Brett so I can look in to this separately.

Thank You.
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 03-10-2011, 07:36 AM.

Comment

I'm in Italy and many german people have the same issue....

Comment

Delay > 20 seconds.. sh...
                            also 09:30 + 09:32 /EST 2x connection price feed lost

11.03.2011 15:30:44 Connection 00_ZenFire_Mirus: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost
                            11.03.2011 15:30:49 Connection 00_ZenFire_Mirus: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
                            Last edited by Future4; 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Problem still exists, terrible lags (couple of seconds) on the US equity open. Connection broke once today. I'm in Russia.
                              Last edited by kosmipt; 03-11-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Hi, Bro, they ask you to contact your Broker, I seems NJ support is running out........
                                I have stopped trading since last week.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post futtrader  
                                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes