Calculate Value Area of volume at price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello.

i am still using nt 6.5. can someone tell me what to if i want to use us time zone. my time zone is berlin. new session for valuearea should beginn at 16:30 ny time. thats 22:30 for me. but i am unable to set this time.

thanks

Comment

Hello,

I've attached a ZIP file that contains a Chart Template for NT 6.5. It contains the settings you'd need to have the session start at 22:30 and last for 6.75 hours.

Take the XML file (which is currently in the ZIP file), and put that XML into your My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\templates\Chart directory.

Ben
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for your reply. but it doesnt work. because its the same indicator that i use.

i need this indicator for the es, 24h (globex), beginning at 22:30 berlin time. thats 16:30 ny time.

Comment

Originally posted by unitrade View Post
          thanks for your reply. but it doesnt work. because its the same indicator that i use.

i need this indicator for the es, 24h (globex), beginning at 22:30 berlin time. thats 16:30 ny time.
          What's not working? Are you getting an error message (in the Log tab of your Control Center)?

If there's an error on the chart, please send along a screenshot of it with notes added for clarification.

I tested the indicator on my chart with your timezone information and I believed it worked without a problem. Let me know!

Comment

here are some screenshots and the logfile.
            Attached Files

Comment

es, 24h, beginning midnight berlin time.
              Attached Files

Comment

the next one
                Attached Files

Comment

the next one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

the log file.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by unitrade View Post
                      the log file.
                      Your log files show you may be using an older version of the indicator. To make sure the newest one is available, I've attached it to the first post of this thread. So please download and install the "CalculateValueAreaAndPOC.zip" that's attached to Post #1 of this thread, and then test the indicator.

Let me know if that resolves your problem.

Thanks,

Comment

i updated the indicator and it works. i thought i have installed the newest but....

works fine, also ym.

many thanks for your work and help.

greetz

Comment

how do I find out how to write strategy using 2 Diff charts

I found you on the forum and you seem to know what you are doing.

I have some basic programming skills from college. I can write some basic strategies. But I need to look at two different charts. ie I want to check the trend above a band on my chart using 500 contract volume bars (not time bars) and my other chart using bars for 2000 contract volume on SP Sept futures and the custom indicators I have from my friends "method".

any guidance other than check ninjas list of programmers as I don't want to 1) spend that much money and 2) I want to understand enough to them fiddle around myself - just don't know how to make conditions from 2 different charts.

thanks very much
                          Robert

Comment

A bit off-topic here

Originally posted by robertmcclure View Post
                            I found you on the forum and you seem to know what you are doing.

I have some basic programming skills from college. I can write some basic strategies. But I need to look at two different charts. ie I want to check the trend above a band on my chart using 500 contract volume bars (not time bars) and my other chart using bars for 2000 contract volume on SP Sept futures and the custom indicators I have from my friends "method".

any guidance other than check ninjas list of programmers as I don't want to 1) spend that much money and 2) I want to understand enough to them fiddle around myself - just don't know how to make conditions from 2 different charts.

thanks very much
                            Robert
                            Robert, you could be better served if you learn how /where to post your question correctly.

Comment

Hello Robert McClure...welcome to NinjaTrader!

There are two free Strategy file that ships with every version of NinjaTrader that will give you the initial boost you need...it is called "SampleMultiTimeframe" and "SampleMultiInstrument". Take a look at those strategy files and see if they give you some direction.

NOTE: Strategy development in NT is more difficult than indicator development...and Multi-timeframe or Multi-instrument development can be even trickier. You may need to post this request in a thread that deals explicitly with these topics.

Comment

Great indicator!
                                Would love to see an option for text labels on the lines. Thanx.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes