Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Percentage of volume

Showing the percentage of sell volume as compared to the percentage of buy volume of the total volume per bar is very telling information to have as well if there is some way to display that in addition to the net (delta). But that information is most valuable if it's shown at each traded price level like in the Dome format, so that may be a wish list project for the Ninja programmers.

Comment

MA's of Cumulative Delta or the Intrabar Delta are exceptionally useful (per what was shown by 5Pillars from Elitetrader.com in one of the examples at charthub.com ( http://www.charthub.com/images/2007/02/22/ES_317_CDBars ). There may also be an example from this video of the "VB" tool ... http://www.linnsoft.com/videos/vb/index.html .

This is what is meant by having a "MA" of the plotted DELTA information.

Comment

Delta Divergence Indicator

Heck, why not just code the delta divergence indicator for Ninja and cut right to the chase.

Comment

Delta Divergence Indicator

And here's the .pdf to explain how it is calculated with some examples also showing the delta histogram.

Comment

Extreme value of the Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Hello Sbgtrading and all,

I hope that everybody on this board enjoyed the week end.

Is it possible to add 2 horizontals lines as a feature for marking where the most extreme Buy/Sell volume value are located ?

Thanks for all

Happy trading

Cheers

Angel

Comment

Need a tweak of the Cumulative Delta indicators?

If anyone would like MA's added to the existing Cumulative Delta Bid/Ask volume indicator (or the Cumulative Uptick/Downtick volume indicator as well), it is available at the tweak price of $15.

On another note, I'm working on a big enhancement for both cumulative volume indicators. The enhancement will store the historical cumulative values and then provide a way to reload them in the event of accidental program/chart termination, or for simple historical review. Let me know if this interests you. It's a huge program change and I will devote time to it only if there's interest. The cost is estimated at $250.

Originally posted by Fulcrum View Post
              MA's of Cumulative Delta or the Intrabar Delta are exceptionally useful (per what was shown by 5Pillars from Elitetrader.com in one of the examples at charthub.com ( http://www.charthub.com/images/2007/02/22/ES_317_CDBars ). There may also be an example from this video of the "VB" tool ... http://www.linnsoft.com/videos/vb/index.html .

This is what is meant by having a "MA" of the plotted DELTA information.
              Last edited by sbgtrading; 03-04-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Gibby,
                Actually, I have this indicator available for sale in NinjaScript. The price is $95 and should be available within the week (I'm doing final testing). It's flexible enough to let the user set the lookback period for the high/low price search, so you're not handcuffed with looking for divergence at the DAILY high or low, you can set it to be any number of bars.

Ben

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                Heck, why not just code the delta divergence indicator for Ninja and cut right to the chase.
                http://www.marketdelta.com/recording...ivergence.html

Comment

SBGTrading....my friend you do brilliant work, just wanted you to know that!

Gibby......I just saw the marketdelta.com video for the first time....LOL!!!

Someone finally programmed one of the set ups 5Pillars always uses...thanks for the link, that was cool to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum View Post
                    Gibby......I just saw the marketdelta.com video for the first time....LOL!!!
                    What are you laughing about? Could it be the pricetag on the MarketDelta indicator? Wow...$499? Well...hey, I guess if it makes you $500 profit per trade, it's worth it. Now I know my indicator is more "economically priced"...but if you're landing $500 per trade, don't hesitate to give your programmer friend(s) a nice tip at the end of the week.

Wow...$499...they must be giving away $20 bills somewhere! (oh, so that's what the subprime mess is all about!)

(by the way, thanks for the "brilliant" compliment!)

Ben

Comment

Yes I find it funny they have copied exactly what 5Pillars has done for a few years now....hey, that is the trading world....LOL!

I agree the MD.com pricing is way too high.

Comment

Hi Fulcrum,

Could you elaborate on the 2007/02/22/ES_317_CDBars chart : where is the Delta information ?
                        . which one is the Delta moving average : the green/red or the pink/purple one ?
                        . what does a Delta candle mean ? Provided you can only have one delta value = buy volume - sell volume, how could it be illustrated it by a candle real body which shows up one close and one open values ?

Comment

The "pane" below price from that example is the Cumulative Delta displayed as candlesticks (OHLC of the CD during the life of each price candle formed off 317 ticks of price). There are two separate MA's overlayed on the CD candlesticks that are set at two different settings (one fast and one slow) derived from the CD candlestick plot....real simple actually, nothing too special there.

The pane at the bottom is a typical price based indicator, the TSI or Ergodic. This is derived from price ONLY (no delta input to this indicator) and is somewhat better than a MACD imo.

Comment

Thanks for that accurate answer.

Comment

Delta of a bar

Thanks Sbgtrading for contributing this code. I appreciate it.

Sbg, or anyone using this, I am familiar with delta of a bar (ask-bid volume for that particular bar as said in MD). Does this Ninja indicator show the same results, as delta for a bar, as given by the VBI indicator in MD? I tried the indicator that Sbj posted near start of thread in Ninja and it is plotting a continuous line in panel2. I compared it with the MD delta for like a 1 min ES chart, but the delta values for each bar appear to differ sometimes and match sometimes. I hope I am doing something wrong, because I really want to use it on Ninja.

Here is the chart for a 1 min ES chart on 3/6/08 morning around 2:00 am EST. Note that at 2:06 am EST, delta as shown in Ninja appears to be around +250. But the MD version shows it as around +150.

Can anyone please correct me if I am doing anything wrong in loading the DeltaBuySellVolume(BR) indicator?

Thanks
                              Commodity_trader

Comment

I think you are looking for a bar histogram instead of a line plot. Just Change it to a bar plot in the indicator settings.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Vitamite, Yesterday, 12:48 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Vitamite  
                                Started by lorem, 04-25-2024, 09:18 AM
                                22 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post lorem