Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottymoll View Post
    Hey Gomi, I'm using the newest version of the CD indicator, but for some reason I'm getting broken data on the chart. Please see the attached image. Some bars aren't even showing. Do you know what is causing this? On my other charts I'm using your older version that doesn't record data and it works outstanding!!!
    This is because the version you use chooses the candle outline color (Default:Black) to paint neutral bars. You should use last version 2.3 which chooses the opposite of background color,so always shows something
    Last edited by gomifromparis; 03-31-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

FIXED!!! You were completely right! It looks great now. I have limited amount of recorded data since I just started it this morning. Is there any chance you could post an ES file with all the tick data from last week until today, or would the file be much too large? I appreciate everything you've done for us. I think you've saved everyone quite a bit of money by creating this indicator for Ninja. Otherwise we'd all be paying for RT with a data feed.

Hopefully we can start a discussion on using this indicator as an advantage to trading. I know I have been focusing solely on this, as I see soooo much potential. Thanks!!

Comment

Sorry, but my last weeks replay are not complete (had to often stop ninja during development phase ). Guess you can't trade and code at the same time !

Comment

I'm also tracking 6E (Euro FX Futures) with the CD indicator. I would assume that the Cumulative Delta would react the same as with ES or any other Futures Contract. I have noticed that there is some major divergences between price and delta on the 6E sometimes. See the attached chart for a quick example. Does this really mean that there were many more buyers (reflected on the CD), yet price still steadily declined (reflected by price). How do you think this is possible?

Edit: For some reason it says my chart file is too large to attach, but I'm sure you understand what I'm saying.
          Last edited by scottymoll; 03-31-2009, 11:50 PM.

Comment

It means aggresive buyers couldn't go through the wall of sellers, you very often can see extremly high deltas but not delta divergence at the end of the move..

Comment

Last cosmetical update: in OHLC mode, bars get properly resized according to main chart bar size.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ddkk27 View Post
                It means aggresive buyers couldn't go through the wall of sellers, you very often can see extremly high deltas but not delta divergence at the end of the move..
                Yes, but doesn't this indicator show the difference of volume between buyers and sellers? If I have a uptrend of green bars on the CD indicator, it means that during each of those bars, the buyers outweighed the sellers right? It seems as though price should bid up higher, not trend lower. I think the picture attachment might work now.

Chart Pic: http://i44.tinypic.com/1589t3q.jpg

Comment

Just reapplied this indicator and all the previous bars disappeared . Had it
                  running an hour and a half before the market opened . poof all gone .

Went back to 2.3 . Seems to be storing data again .
                  Last edited by T2020; 04-01-2009, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Maybe your previous version was 2.0 ? Time format changed in 2.1 to use UTC and facilitate sharing, so your times might be off ?

Always make sure "Recording OK" is showing, and when in doubt hit F5 to reinitialize the indicator.
                    Last edited by gomifromparis; 04-01-2009, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I just hit F5 and more data disappeared . It says Recording OK . Some data
                      remained , about 15 minutes vanished . Maybe somethings off with my PC ?
                      I'll just have to leave it alone through out the day I guess .

Went from 2.3 to 2.4 this morning .Now at 2.3 .

Comment

Originally posted by scottymoll View Post
                        Yes, but doesn't this indicator show the difference of volume between buyers and sellers? If I have a uptrend of green bars on the CD indicator, it means that during each of those bars, the buyers outweighed the sellers right? It seems as though price should bid up higher, not trend lower. I think the picture attachment might work now.

Chart Pic: http://i44.tinypic.com/1589t3q.jpg
                        Price and volume are correlated but it is not a linear relationship. Just because buying volume exceeds selling volume that does not mean the price must go up, you must also consider things like order flow and sentiment. However, look what happens to the price at the end of the trading range on the 6E chart that was posted.. what do you think caused that? =)

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                          I just hit F5 and more data disappeared . It says Recording OK . Some data
                          remained , about 15 minutes vanished . Maybe somethings off with my PC ?
                          I'll just have to leave it alone through out the day I guess .

Went from 2.3 to 2.4 this morning .Now at 2.3 .
                          I see now that my Firewall was responsible for the problems . I have restart
                          NT and make sure any changes are allowed every time I import a new indicator . Thanks again for the great indicator . I believe it's the only tick
                          type indicator in all of NT that doesn't lose it's data when editing the chart .
                          That's a 1st ! .

Comment

Originally posted by sefstrat View Post
                            Price and volume are correlated but it is not a linear relationship. Just because buying volume exceeds selling volume that does not mean the price must go up, you must also consider things like order flow and sentiment. However, look what happens to the price at the end of the trading range on the 6E chart that was posted.. what do you think caused that? =)
                            Thanks for the reply. I understand what you're saying... and other things need to be taken into account besides the CD indicator only (although it is AWESOME). I'm actually showing the same type of huge divergence today on the 6E again, except this time it shows price creeping higher while the sell volume enormously outweighs the buy volume. I can't wait to see how it plays out (if the CD really predicted the loading up of shorts well before the actual move).

Comment

I think up ticks minus down ticks is more accurate on a short term or bar by
                              bar basis . Just my 2 cents worth .

Comment

Hi guys,

Here's a new version. I've made some design simplifications which brings
                                • formal beauty, but I don't think you care that much about it
                                • resolution of the 1 tick lag problem that some acute testers had noticed.
                                File format stays the same, so no compatibility problem to be expected.

Enjoy!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Austiner87, Today, 03:42 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by cshox, Today, 11:11 AM
                                2 responses