Collapse

Delta Buy/Sell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a volume filtering version. You might get very slightly different results in real-time and reading the file, because to save space, ticks that happen during same second, same price, and same "ticktype"=AtBid, AtAsk etc, are aggregated in the file.

So many small identical ticks happening the same second could create a "false" block.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gomi,

thanks for your work on this great indicator. I've test-runned it for 2 days now (with version 2.5) and it worked pretty good but there is something that makes me wonder. In the last 2 days the Indicator always showed only negative (- minus) numbers in the NQ charts. Since the market traded higher today I expected some positive numbers but still only negative today.

I dont have this prob in ES / YM charts. Both markets traded higher in the last 2 days and the indicator showed mostly positive numbers (YM got back to zero and climbed up again).

Any ideas on this notice? Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Mel Funktion View Post
        Hi Gomi,

thanks for your work on this great indicator. I've test-runned it for 2 days now (with version 2.5) and it worked pretty good but there is something that makes me wonder. In the last 2 days the Indicator always showed only negative (- minus) numbers in the NQ charts. Since the market traded higher today I expected some positive numbers but still only negative today.

I dont have this prob in ES / YM charts. Both markets traded higher in the last 2 days and the indicator showed mostly positive numbers (YM got back to zero and climbed up again).

Any ideas on this notice? Thank you and have a nice weekend!
        Sorry, I didn't look at NQ recently. CD reading is tough, but remember the absolute value has not great importance : it's the difference between two points that counts. Well as I understand it of course

Comment

how to use

hi indicator look interesting.but stll confused on its benefits.how to use it in my trading anybody please

Comment

gomifromparis,

Can you make your indicator also support the minute chart with historical data, for example, adding an option for selecting between realtime and historical data?

Comment

some problems

Hi Gomi,
              I have some problems with the last version, when i use it whit up down tick continuation and comulative chart, with the short file it woulden't work, sometime it work with flat file, but not always.....
              Any help?

Thanks.

Lubo.

Comment

Originally posted by rt-trader View Post
                Hi,

A simple approach to uptick/downtick might be;

if(Close[0] > lastPrice) up = true;
                if(Close[0] < lastPrice) up = false;
                lastPrice = Close[0];

although I have seen;

if(ask > lastAsk) up = true;
                if(bid < lastBid) up = false;

lastAsk = Ask;
                lastBid = Bid;

using either OnMarketDataEventArgs or OnBarUpdate GetCurrentAsk method to populate Ask and Bid.

Personally I prefer the first approach as it is a more accurrate reflection of buyer/seller momentum (the ability of either to keep prices moving in their direction regardless of counter pressure exerted as reflected by Bid/Ask transactions.
                If you subscribe to the notion that uptick/downtick counting reflects buyer/seller momentum, would you say that momentum is better represented WITH or WITHOUT continuation (the latter means that you keep on counting the volume while price stays the same, based on the most recent tick direction, up or down)?

D.

Comment

D,

WITH - see post #204 for way Gomi has implemented.

However, what you use is a personal decision. Work up some simple examples of Bid/Ask transactions using each method and see which approach communicates to YOU the most useful results..

Comment

Originally posted by rt-trader View Post
                    D,

WITH - see post #204 for way Gomi has implemented.

However, what you use is a personal decision. Work up some simple examples of Bid/Ask transactions using each method and see which approach communicates to YOU the most useful results..
                    By configuring GomCD to use all three variations (ask/bid, up/down w/o cont, up/down with cont) it looks like updown w/o cont is the clear outlier while the other two are essentially similar, tho not identical.

Thanks!

D.

Comment

Label

Can you make an option to delete the indicator label from the charts? The label I am talking about is "GomCD(UpDownTickWithContinuation, comulativechart,1000,false) that gets printed on the top left hand corner.

Comment

Originally posted by farshadro View Post
                        Can you make an option to delete the indicator label from the charts? The label I am talking about is "GomCD(UpDownTickWithContinuation, comulativechart,1000,false) that gets printed on the top left hand corner.

If you highlight the indicator in the list of those placed on your chart and then click the "Label" name under "General" heading, you can blank out the Label name so it doesn't show on your chart.

Comment

Slight problem

I have been accumulating data for some time . A couple of times now I open
                          the charts with this indicator on it and the last hour or 2 is missing . I have
                          changed from "short" to " flat " file for saving data . Hoping that will cure the
                          problem . Any idea what's going on ? tia .

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                            changed from "short" to " flat " file for saving data . Hoping that will cure the
                            That shouldn't happen, of course... Remember to check you have the "Recording OK" showing up. Anything appeared in the log ? Did you do a couple of "F5" to refresh the plots ?

Comment

Here's a cosmetical update.

On NonCumulative charts, there sometimes appeared tiny bars strangely hanging in space. This was due to the fact that on non cumulative charts, CD level is reset on the close of each bar, so if on the open of the next bar there was a big move, the next bars appeared hanging in space. Now the open of each bar is set to 0, so each bar "touches" the zero line.

There is also an option to force HiLo plotting style in the case of NonCumulative charts.

Enjoy :-)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by gomifromparis; 04-21-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
                                Just lost my internet connection . When I got it going again an hour of data
                                was missing . Something isn't saving right .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Austiner87, Yesterday, 03:42 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Austiner87  
                                Started by mlprice12, 12-21-2021, 04:55 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB