X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
    Hello Javed_B,

Thanks for your reply.

If you do not see it in the folder location of Documents>NinjaTrader8>bin>Custom>Indicators> then you likely do not have the source code file. In your initial post you stated, " also if anyone wishes to have a look at the logic its works fine ( this was downloaded from this forum)" Can you advise which post in this thread you downloaded from or if somewhere else in the forum or NT user apps, provide the link to that download?
    :
    I think its this post i looked up, seems the initial user also had the same question to set up an alert.

Good Morning, I would like to ask support regarding one indicator that I am using in my strategy. The Built in SuperScalper Paint bar. 1) I am using an 89 tick chart and sometimes it stops working and I have to reload it again. Does there something that I can do to fix this issue? 2) I would like to receive an alert when the

Member : demo152160
    Last support personal to work this topic (probably your team : Alan S).

appreciate you looking this up and helping me, rarely its seen support folks helping this dearly.

Comment

Hello Javed_B,

Thanks so much for the reference link.

As NinjaTrader_AlanS advised in that thread, "... it looks like these addons were imported via a protected assembly so you would not be able to modify the code yourself, you would have to work with the developer to request any changes to the code.".

For your understanding, 3rd party vendors provide their indicators/strategies in compiled, obfuscated form, so that they cannot be modified/copied to protect their original content.

In summary without the source code file, no one except the originator could make changes to the indicator. If you do find the source code file itself somewhere you are welcome to post that.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
        Hello Javed_B,

Thanks so much for the reference link.

As NinjaTrader_AlanS advised in that thread, "... it looks like these addons were imported via a protected assembly so you would not be able to modify the code yourself, you would have to work with the developer to request any changes to the code.".

For your understanding, 3rd party vendors provide their indicators/strategies in compiled, obfuscated form, so that they cannot be modified/copied to protect their original content.

In summary without the source code file, no one except the originator could make changes to the indicator. If you do find the source code file itself somewhere you are welcome to post that.
        Understand guess i need to keep looking for the aurthor, so bottomline no way NT8 core layer can mark and alert for a certain colour candle create / close ?

Comment

Hello Javed_B,

Thanks for your reply.

"so bottomline no way NT8 core layer can mark and alert for a certain colour candle create / close ?"

If you can define the conditions that the indicator uses to color the candle, you can create an alert for that.
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by TheIndicatorClub View Post
            Give this NinjaTrader 7 version a try. I would highly suggest, if you haven't already, to start getting to used to NinjaTrader 8 because once you do I doubt you will want to go back to NinjaTrader 7--I don't even like opening NinjaTrader 7 anymore, this is the first time in over a month I opened it.
            Thanks so much for this, it looks great. Quick question--do you sell at the open of the candle indicated or at the close (could technically be the open of the following candle)? Thanks!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rene69851  
            Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Fitspressorest