Collapse

Scalper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get this indicator, so it paints a bar white after the fact? How is that useful?

Comment

update scalper

thank you very much for your update........use it on 30 tick chart to 5min
      Attached Files
      Last edited by drzb786; 03-26-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Good one.. Need a slight enhancement

Folks, thanks to everybody who worked on this indicator. It would be very helpful for a beginner like me if someone can enhance it to show an Up Arrow (Green Color) right underneath the actual Bar or a Red Arrow right above the price bar as the case may be. That way it would be easy for us Ninja Trader users. I have seen a similar thing in Trade Station some time ago. Any programmers who can help in this matter? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Arrow plus String

Gumphrie and/or others

Is it possible to place an arrow in a stringbuilder?
          I utilised your great arrow code but am having the devil's own job to locate the arrow as it changes size when autoscaled.
          Essentially what I want to do is Have say a down arrow and the previous Low in one 'string'.

I attach my version of this indicator.
          Also a pic of the issues I am having.

I really really struggle with points,floats,gdi,x and y coords.
          This is NT7 BTW.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mindset; 04-07-2010, 05:59 AM. Reason: Incorrect pic

Comment

Mindset,

Arial (for instance) has characters displaying triangles, U+25B2 is a triangle-up and U+25BC is a triangle-down. For example, you could preceed your string with these characters: '\u25b2' + " Arrow up"; '\u25bc' + " Arrow down";

Regards
            Ralph

Comment

Arrow Up

Ralph

I need some more help with this

here is my code

char[] chars1 = new char[4];

chars1[0] = '\u25b2';

graphics.DrawString(chars1+"Arrow up"+lowstring.ToString() , txtFont, textBrush, stringX, stringLowYNBar);

I get System.Char[] Arrow up then the low price as the text?

Comment

You get a string consisting of three parts:
                1. The symbol depicting a filled triangle showing up
                2. string "Arrow up"
                3. content of string lowstring
                Regards
                Ralph

Comment

Anyone want to have a go at answering me? As far as I know, this indicator paints a bar white after the fact? Get a move up, big volume, comes back off, THEN it paints it white. How does anyone use this effectively? I'm not picking on it, just curious, I think its a good idea, just can't see how it could be of any use how it is?

Comment

Sorted

Aha

I have to use chars1[0].ToString();
                    I have got it - thanks Ralph

graphics.DrawString( chars1[0].ToString()+" " +lowstring.ToString() , txtFont, textBrush, stringX, stringLowYNBar);

Ps I have googled and looked on msdn site - where can you find a list of all these unicode characters?
                    Last edited by Mindset; 04-08-2010, 02:21 AM.

Comment

You don't really need to define a char-array you could apply:

graphics.DrawString("\u25b2 " + lowstring.ToString() , txtFont, textBrush, stringX, stringLowYNBar);

or if you prefer to operate more generic, then simply pre-define a string containing the unicode-char and the blank:

string triangleUp = "\u25b2 ";
                      graphics.DrawString(triangleUp + lowstring.ToString() , txtFont, textBrush, stringX, stringLowYNBar

If I search for special characters, I execute 'charmap' in the Windows XP command execution window. I use the german XP and therefore not sure what the buttons named you need to click to find that window, maybe: Start->Execute.

Regards
                      Ralph

Comment

Bar painting happens with the lag of 1 or 2 candle so it looks great when you look at historical chart but realtime is not so great.

Did someone try to make strategy out of it? I tried but logic and rendering is so mixed up, it started to spin my head. Is there a pseudo code available for the logic?

EDIT: The post by OP at "11-11-2007, 04:56 AM" has an attachment with pure logic in it. Thanks.
                        Last edited by TraderSU; 05-26-2010, 11:25 PM.

Comment

has anybody fixed this for the lastest ninja.... i am getting this problem on historical bars where it takes off of price ... so graphically messed up a bit... is there an solution to this ... here is the way it looks on all my charts: http://screencast.com/t/kt8TT7PNVy

Comment

Originally posted by chinapassage View Post
                            has anybody fixed this for the lastest ninja.... i am getting this problem on historical bars where it takes off of price ... so graphically messed up a bit... is there an solution to this ... here is the way it looks on all my charts: http://screencast.com/t/kt8TT7PNVy
                            I see what you mean with the bar paint in history being all over the place its probably due to how NT7 does it data series different which is not written in the old scalper code.
                            But you can use ScalperRT which is exactly the same but just puts an arrow instead of a bar paint.
                            Attached Files

Comment

thanks mike,
                              yeah the RT i am not to fond of ... and they seem to show to many pivots verses the normal scalp bar ... it is due to i think it is set so that update on close is taken off inside the code somehow and you get the intrabar signals with RT ... where as the older one paints only after the close of a bar.

so still huntin for the one that works with 7.0

Comment

Ive got a Tand S ticker running,Ive got NT7 feeding ensign,but I dotn have a euro chart NT7 updating?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
                                19 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rene69851  
                                Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post gwenael