Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simple measuring between 2 points like in metatrader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its an interesting idea and a feature which has been on our backlog for sometime however did not make the cut for NinjaTrader 8. Quick question so I understand, are you using the rule more for realtime measuring, take a measurement and then move on and likely never keep the ruler continuously drawn on the chart? Meaning you delete the ruler drawing object right after you finish taking the measurement?

I suspect you do but wanted to make sure I understood your use case.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by sk_future View Post
      Sorry to bump this thread but we still don't have ruler that simply shows bar count between two points by just clicking and dragging and as you drag bar count changes? For instance if I want to know where the bar is 26 away from one bar I have to guess where that is and click drag click and if I am wrong I have to do click drag click to see the result.

Can someone reply this to this post?
      Sorry if there is such ruler here and I wasn't able to find it.

Thank you.
      Is that not what the rule object does? The one activated by Ctrl+F3?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
        Its an interesting idea and a feature which has been on our backlog for sometime however did not make the cut for NinjaTrader 8. Quick question so I understand, are you using the rule more for realtime measuring, take a measurement and then move on and likely never keep the ruler continuously drawn on the chart? Meaning you delete the ruler drawing object right after you finish taking the measurement?

I suspect you do but wanted to make sure I understood your use case.

-Brett

Yes that is exactly what I mean.
        In order for me to get the value of two different point is to click two points. Before I do execute second click it does not show anything on the ruler. I want real time ruler.

Thank you.

Comment

Understand and thanks for clarifying, this is tracked under ID: SFT-499 for consideration in future releases.

Comment

What happened to this proposal, I have been trying to find one like this features ?

Comment

Hello rene69851,

This feature has not yet been implemented.
              I have added your vote to this feature request (SFT-499).

The Ruler measures the number of bars, length of time, and y-axis distance between two anchor points for a Data Series.
              The measurement data is attached to a flag at a third, independent anchor point.
              The anchor points can be relocated by left mouse clicking on an anchor point and dragging it to a new location.
              When you relocate the second anchor point, the value in the flag will change dynamically to show the position of the anchor point.

To use the Ruler:
              1. Select the Ruler Drawing Tool from the Drawing Tools menu
              2. If you have more than one Data Series or indicator applied to your chart, first select the Data Series or indicator you wish to measure by left mouse clicking on it
              3. Left mouse click on the chart where you wish to place the first anchor point
              4. Left mouse click a second time on the chart where you wish to place the second anchor point
              5. Left mouse click a third time to set the anchor point for the Ruler display flag.
              Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Eduardo R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by FitSpressoUpdate, Today, 01:50 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post FitSpressoUpdate  
              Started by DawnTreader, 05-08-2024, 05:58 PM
              14 responses