ICT Fair Value Gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gemify View Post
    Thanks for yall's patience - its been a busy couple of weeks. The awesome contributions from tickets2themoon have been incorporated - there is a new release v0.0.2.3 on github. It should be available on the ecosystem soon.
    Hey Gemify,
    Thanks for the update.
    I installed the new version of your ICTFVG ver 0.0.2.3 on my updated version of NT 8.1.1 and I got an error message when imported. Do I need to remove the old version through the Ninja Script editor or is your version not compatible with the new updated version of NinjaTrader 8.1.1.
    See the error message below:

Thank you
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robertoxgiam View Post

Hey Gemify,
      Thanks for the update.
      I installed the new version of your ICTFVG ver 0.0.2.3 on my updated version of NT 8.1.1 and I got an error message when imported. Do I need to remove the old version through the Ninja Script editor or is your version not compatible with the new updated version of NinjaTrader 8.1.1.
      See the error message below:

Thank you
      Rob

Rob,

Yes, you can remove the old one then import the new one. The original version did not have an ICTFVG subfolder but the more recent versions do, so you end up with two files using the same namespace which NT rejects.

Comment

Great tool. I've been using this indicator and it's a tremendous help. Assuming I wanted to create an automated buy and sell strategy when a FVG is created and then revisited can someone point me in the direction of creating a Ninjatrader strategy to buy or sell based on the chosen time frame? I wanted to play around with this to see if it would be profitable or not. ie. bullish 5m FVG created, CE within 10 bars, automated ninja strategy deployed to buy when FVG is green. Not foolproof of course but I'm curious how successful this strategy would be. (in demo account obviously) Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gemify View Post
          Loving the discussion/contribution to make this better. Thanks dj22522 and tickets2themoon.
          I've updated the code based on your feedback. Please use the latest zip (ICTFVG-v0.0.2.1​) from here: https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/ICTFVG/releases
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1039
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1244855

What could be the problem?

Comment

Pooloftraders

I stand corrected but when importing I select NO when asked to replace an @ indicator that already exists.

Hope this helps
            Last edited by dj22522; 04-06-2023, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post
              Pooloftraders

I stand corrected but when importing I select NO when asked to replace an @ indicator that already exists.

Hope this helps

Views:	1034
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1244859

no matter what I choose, yes or no

Comment

Pooloftraders

Your chart already shows the FVG.
                If you have an instance of the indicator installed before then remove that.

Remove via the Control Centre:-
                New > NinjaScript Editor then once opened select from the right side pane "Indicators" then the "Gemify" folder > right click on ICTFVG > Remove.

Then import the latest ICTFVG version 0.0.2.3 selecting NO to each instance of wanting to replace an already existing @ indicator.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Remove indicator .jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	1244863

Hope this helps
                Last edited by dj22522; 04-06-2023, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post
                  Pooloftraders

Your chart already shows the FVG.
                  If you have an instance of the indicator installed before then remove that.

Remove via the Control Centre:-
                  New > NinjaScript Editor then once opened select from the right side pane "Indicators" then the "Gemify" folder > right click on ICTFVG > Remove.

Then import the latest ICTFVG version 0.0.2.3 selecting NO to each instance of wanting to replace an already existing @ indicator.

Click image for larger version Name:	Remove indicator .jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.0 KB ID:	1244863

Hope this helps
                  thanks for the help!
                  What is the difference between 2.2 and 2.3?​

Comment

Pooloftraders
                    What is the difference between 2.2 and 2.3?​
                    Best to read through the release notes. I'm not sure about v0.0.2.2 but the latest v0.0.2.3 is listed there.

https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/ICTFVG/releases
                    Last edited by dj22522; 04-08-2023, 03:21 AM.

Comment

This is a great indicator. Thanks! How would one go about automating entries based on this indicator? I'm looking at something like the following.

1. If above the moving average and a bullish FVG is formed, enter a buy limit order ## ticks above the FVG upper price using the current ATM strategy.
                      2. If below the moving average and a bearish FVG is formed, enter a sell limit order ## ticks below the FVG lower price using the current ATM strategy.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

This indicator is very useful. I would like to suggest an improvement. This ICT concept is based only looking at the price, I would like to filter the highlighted FVG also by volume. Not all the FVG that would be marked based on only price are good. I think two parameters that should be add to filter the fvg are the Delta % of the bar (let s say that at least a 10% of buy/sell represent a good partecipation) and the stacked imbalance inside that bar that if present in the fvg bar represent an even stronger area for reaction. Is it possible to add that? The fvg bar in the example with the stat box down is an example of a good fvg bar

Views:	1089
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	1249031

Comment

Nice work...

A couple things that would likely be very useful here...

1-Allow the indicator to include a start time, this would allow a user to disregard the overnight, or certain periods. Less noise in the intraday if someone is figuring where one of these is coming from.
                          2-Add an option for the indicator to expire at the close... That way for a super small timeframe they won't extend in to the next day...

Take care

Comment

Great work,

Got a question about the release note:
                            • Optimization for FVG display (how far to the right the gaps are displayed)
                            Is there an option that I miss or how to set the total bar to the right that are displayed?

Comment

Originally posted by Creamers View Post
                              Great work,

Got a question about the release note:
                              • Optimization for FVG display (how far to the right the gaps are displayed)
                              Is there an option that I miss or how to set the total bar to the right that are displayed?
                              In previous versions the endpoint of new FVG rectangles were set to 50 years out. This was modified to be the starting time of the FVG plus the number of days currently displayed on the chart.

Comment

Thank you for the ingenious indicator.
                                I would like to be able to choose the thickness of the line of the rectangle.

Thank you very much!​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
                                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes