Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICT Fair Value Gap

@gemify

Hi, thank you so much for creating the indicator in NT8. Just wonder when will the fair value gap close in the chart? Initially, I thought the red color will disappear once the gap had been filled completely, but it turned out it is not as per below. Or does it need to close above it? Thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	7.2 KB ID:	1224486
    Last edited by morong0414; 11-21-2022, 09:40 AM.

Hi morong0414, the original version marks the fair value gap as filled only when a bar closes through it. It leaves the FVG open if bars pierce it but cannot close through the gap.

I just submitted an updated version that has the following:
    • FVG fill condition options:
      • Mark gap as filled if price closes through (current behavior) or
      • Mark gap as filled if price pierces through, even if price doesn't close through.​
    • Option to display/hide filled FVGs
    • ​Configurable opacity for both active and filled gap colors​
    The updated version should be available on the NT ecosystem soon. I've attached the updated version in a subsequent post for convenience.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	9 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	1224574
    Last edited by gemify; 11-22-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update gemify. Is it possible to have the gaps terminate, but not disappear, when the gap is filled in the same way as they start. It seems that currently, the only options available are to either:
      a) have it continue (even if less opacity, including less opacity before it was filled); or
      b) remove entirely

Neither are ideal for backtesting, however having them stop on the chart when filled will make backtesting simple, to see if a trade would have been filled at this level, then determine if it would have been stopped out after that.

Comment

Fantastic. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattnz View Post
          Thanks for the update gemify. Is it possible to have the gaps terminate, but not disappear, when the gap is filled in the same way as they start. It seems that currently, the only options available are to either:
          a) have it continue (even if less opacity, including less opacity before it was filled); or
          b) remove entirely

Neither are ideal for backtesting, however having them stop on the chart when filled will make backtesting simple, to see if a trade would have been filled at this level, then determine if it would have been stopped out after that.
          Mattnz, do you mean like this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1224661
          Last edited by gemify; 11-23-2022, 11:33 PM.

Comment

gemify yes that looks great thanks!

Comment

Thank you..Great work..

Comment

Hi Gemify,
                I enjoy your indicator and thank you for your help.
                I have an issue saving the indicator onto my charts on NT8. Every time I close the program, it doesn't save the indicator. I have to reload the FVG onto my charts. I tried to remove it from the Script editor and cleared my cache and reloaded but it still doesn't save. The last indicator works. Can you assist? If not, I can you the previous version.

Thank you
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by gemify View Post

Mattnz, do you mean like this? I've attached the updated version to this post.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	21.0 KB ID:	1224661
                  Hi Gemify,
                  I enjoy your indicator and thank you for your help.
                  I have an issue saving the indicator onto my charts on NT8. Every time I close the program, it doesn't save the indicator. I have to reload the FVG onto my charts. I tried to remove it from the Script editor and cleared my cache and reloaded but it still doesn't save. The last indicator works. Can you assist? If not, I can you the previous version.

Thank you
                  Rob​

Comment

I have the same issue as Rob, otherwise it is working great! Really appreciate your work!

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed the underlying error - the fixed version is attached in this post. I'll post it to the ecosystem soon. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gemify; 11-23-2022, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you Gemify,

I'll back-test it. I'll let you know if there are any other bugs.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Comment

hey yall, do we need to install the ATR.cs file as well? When I try to import into NT it asks if I want to replace the ATR.cs already installed...

Comment

Thx 4 sharing this indicator. Was gonna write one myself and you provided a great framework to start from. Cheers and God bless you real good

Comment

hello gemify, very good indicator, thanks for sharing, I just have a question, because if I use a time frame above 4 minutes, it stops marking the FVG, I can only use it from 4 minutes down, as I indicated, just a doubt, greetings, and thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post chbruno