Collapse

Super Trend For Ninja Trader Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried version 1.7 and I think it has the same issue I mentioned in my previous message. Attached is a screenshot of daily bars for GOOG starting 9/1/2004 with the shown SuperTrend parameters (length=20). It looks like the initial trend indicator before the first crossover is set based on the first bar after the length number of bars, even if that single bar isn't indicative of the general trend at that point. Maybe someone else has a better idea, but my suggestion is to set the initial trend to be up or down based on comparing the first bar after the ATR period length number of bars to the very first bar in the chart. In the case, the first bar closes way below the 21st bar, so the initial trend would be up rather than the current down trend it currently gets from the single 21st bar.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anagoge; 12-10-2008, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagoge View Post
      I just tried version 1.7 and I think it has the same issue I mentioned in my previous message. Attached is a screenshot of daily bars for GOOG starting 9/1/2004 with the shown SuperTrend parameters (length=20). It looks like the initial trend indicator before the first crossover is set based on the first bar after the length number of bars, even if that single bar isn't indicative of the general trend at that point. Maybe someone else has a better idea, but my suggestion is to set the initial trend to be up or down based on comparing the first bar after the ATR period length number of bars to the very first bar in the chart. In the case, the first bar closes way below the 21st bar, so the initial trend would be up rather than the current down trend it currently gets from the single 21st bar.
      Cannot concentrate today...
      Fixing one part breaking another...
      My apologies.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I would like to offer you a simple idea with entry of low risk.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mauro60 View Post
          I would like to offer you a simple idea with entry of low risk.
          Hi Mauro60

Can you please post the said indicators in this forum? That would be a great help.

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

Hi All

I am posting this trading system which looks like Supertrend concept. And it is being sold at $150 per month. It has got system which gives automatic buy and sell with targets. Explanation is given below ::

STOPLOSS LINE: THE SAID LINE MOVES SIDEWAYS IS CALLED STOP – LOSS LINE. IF THE RUNNING BARS GO ABOVE THE SAID GREEN LINE A BUY SIGNAL WILL GENERATE AND IF BARS GO DOWN BELOW THE GREEN LINE A SELL SIGNAL WILL GENERATE. FOR BUY AND SELL STOPLOSS IS THE OLIVE GREEN LINE. YOU WILL GET AN INDICATION THERE WITH A BUY ARROW OR SELL ARROW.

MARKET AVERAGE LINE: THIS LINE MOVES SIDE WAYS. THIS LINE IS THE MARKET AVERAGE TRADED PRICE. (ODIN AVERAGE PRICE).

YELLOW BARS: THIS IS CALLED THE BREAKOUT BAR. IF RATE CROSSES ABOVE THE BAR MARKET GOES UP. IF RATE CROSSES DOWN MARKET GOES DOWN SIDE. YELLOW BAR WILL GENERATE AUTOMATICALLY AT A TIME WHEN SELLERS AND BUYERS ARE EQUAL. THE SIDE IN WHICH MAJORITY PEOPLE JOIN AND BREAKOUT RATE, MARKET MOVES ON THAT SIDE, SO THE YELLOW BARS CALLED BREAKOUT BARS AND IS VERY POWERFUL.

GREEN BAR : THIS IS THE PREVIOUS DAY CLOSING BAR. IT IS A POWERFUL INDICATION ALSO.

BLUE BARS: THIS BAR INDICATES THAT SCRIP IS ON A BUY SIGNAL, I.E. MARKET IS IN ON AN UP SIDE DIRECTION . BLUE BARS WILL COME ABOVE OLIVE GREEN STOP LOSS LINE .(IN MARKET HOURS DON’T COMPARE LAST RUNNING BARS AS IT WILL CHANGE BLUE AND RED ACORDING TO MARKET DIRECTION).

RED BARS: THIS BAR INDICATES THAT SCRIP IS ON A SELL SIGNAL, I.E. MARKET IS IN ON A DOWN SIDE DIRECTION . RED BARS WILL COME BELOW OLIVE GREEN STOP LOSS LINE .(IN MARKET HOURS DON’T COMPARE LAST RUNNING BARS AS IT WILL CHANGE BLUE AND RED ACORDING TO MARKET DIRECTION).

See the Images here ::

Hope to get something like this with SuperTrend.

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
              Hi Mauro60

Can you please post the said indicators in this forum? That would be a great help.

Regards

Vinkal
              This is indicator(version correct)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mauro60; 12-10-2008, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
                Hi All

I am posting this trading system which looks like Supertrend concept. And it is being sold at $150 per month. It has got system which gives automatic buy and sell with targets. Explanation is given below ::

STOPLOSS LINE: THE SAID LINE MOVES SIDEWAYS IS CALLED STOP – LOSS LINE. IF THE RUNNING BARS GO ABOVE THE SAID GREEN LINE A BUY SIGNAL WILL GENERATE AND IF BARS GO DOWN BELOW THE GREEN LINE A SELL SIGNAL WILL GENERATE. FOR BUY AND SELL STOPLOSS IS THE OLIVE GREEN LINE. YOU WILL GET AN INDICATION THERE WITH A BUY ARROW OR SELL ARROW.

MARKET AVERAGE LINE: THIS LINE MOVES SIDE WAYS. THIS LINE IS THE MARKET AVERAGE TRADED PRICE. (ODIN AVERAGE PRICE).

YELLOW BARS: THIS IS CALLED THE BREAKOUT BAR. IF RATE CROSSES ABOVE THE BAR MARKET GOES UP. IF RATE CROSSES DOWN MARKET GOES DOWN SIDE. YELLOW BAR WILL GENERATE AUTOMATICALLY AT A TIME WHEN SELLERS AND BUYERS ARE EQUAL. THE SIDE IN WHICH MAJORITY PEOPLE JOIN AND BREAKOUT RATE, MARKET MOVES ON THAT SIDE, SO THE YELLOW BARS CALLED BREAKOUT BARS AND IS VERY POWERFUL.

GREEN BAR : THIS IS THE PREVIOUS DAY CLOSING BAR. IT IS A POWERFUL INDICATION ALSO.

BLUE BARS: THIS BAR INDICATES THAT SCRIP IS ON A BUY SIGNAL, I.E. MARKET IS IN ON AN UP SIDE DIRECTION . BLUE BARS WILL COME ABOVE OLIVE GREEN STOP LOSS LINE .(IN MARKET HOURS DON’T COMPARE LAST RUNNING BARS AS IT WILL CHANGE BLUE AND RED ACORDING TO MARKET DIRECTION).

RED BARS: THIS BAR INDICATES THAT SCRIP IS ON A SELL SIGNAL, I.E. MARKET IS IN ON A DOWN SIDE DIRECTION . RED BARS WILL COME BELOW OLIVE GREEN STOP LOSS LINE .(IN MARKET HOURS DON’T COMPARE LAST RUNNING BARS AS IT WILL CHANGE BLUE AND RED ACORDING TO MARKET DIRECTION).

See the Images here ::

Hope to get something like this with SuperTrend.

Regards

Vinkal
                Can somebody please discuss this post?

Regards

Vinkal

Comment

wow thanks! This is great thanks

Comment

Alerts for supertrend

Would it be possible to put some kind of aaudio alert on this indicator to signal when a trend change has occured...? I am not a programer so I have no clue as to how to do this...

Comment

Originally posted by pgabriel View Post
                      Would it be possible to put some kind of aaudio alert on this indicator to signal when a trend change has occured...? I am not a programer so I have no clue as to how to do this...
                      I already added that.

Check under the 'Alerts' section of the indicators parameters section.

Comment

Where do I get that version...? My version 1.7 does not have an alert option in the parameters section...

Comment

Originally posted by pgabriel View Post
                          Where do I get that version...? My version 1.7 does not have an alert option in the parameters section...
                          I thought I had uploaded the version with the alert, but in case not, here it is:

Attached Files

Comment

Tried to find the differences, but to be sure:
                            Elliott is your SuperTrend1230 the SuperTrend1.7 (1.6 fixed by Roonius 12/10) with alert or the SuperTrend1.6 with alert?

In the indicator file it is listed as 1.6.

Anyway thanks ...

Comment

I'm pretty sure its the version 1.7 (which also says 1.6 in the code).

Comment

Elliot Wave and Roonius

Thanks for the work you have done with this indicator. "The trend is your friend".

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rene69851  
                                Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Fitspressorest