Super Trend For Ninja Trader Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You probably are talking about pivot levels - that's different stuff
    Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Red Blue Trends?

Comment

Hi again,
        whats that with the diff. versions now ? (SuperTrend + SuperTren 1.01)
        they have the same name when importing and ask for overwriting !

Comment

Confusion

HI, THERE ARE RED AND BLUE "STRAIGHT" LINES ON THIS PICTURE. THEY ARE NOT SUPER TREND, IS IT? WHAT ARE THEY?

Comment

Originally posted by diage4 View Post
            http://shup.com/Shup/88235/supertr.jpg

HI, THERE ARE RED AND BLUE "STRAIGHT" LINES ON THIS PICTURE. THEY ARE NOT SUPER TREND, IS IT? WHAT ARE THEY?
            No It's not supertrend
            Last edited by roonius; 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Auto Trend

Your Indicator Is Great. But The Straight Lines, What Are They?

If They Are Auto Trend Lines, It Would Be Great Combination With Your Indicator.

Comment

Blue horizontal line is an automatic fibonacci calculation (longer time frame) and the red line is "swingtemp", which basically works a lot like ZigZag but displays the number of pips in each move and also has the option of automatically drawing a fibonacci retracement. The thin blue line below the red one is manually drawn. There is an autotrendline indicator for NT, but I haven't had the best results with it.

@ Max, here is the newest version.

This version is exactly the same as the one Roonius posted last (with the arrow option), but what I did was move the option from 'parameters' to 'alerts', that way it is backwards compatible. Also in the future other alert types could be added without causing compatibility problems.

Every parameter must be passed to strategies and also shows up in the optimizer window. Aesthetic options like sound alerts and visual alerts which have no effect for the purpose of strategies should probably be in something other than 'parameters' as a rule of thumb. Just my opinion though...

Attached Files
                Last edited by Elliott Wave; 12-03-2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                  Blue horizontal line is an automatic fibonacci calculation (longer time frame) and the red line is "swingtemp", which basically works a lot like ZigZag but displays the number of pips in each move and also has the option of automatically drawing a fibonacci retracement. The thin blue line below the red one is manually drawn. There is an autotrendline indicator for NT, but I haven't had the best results with it.

@ Max, here is the newest version.

This version is exactly the same as the one Roonius posted last (with the arrow option), but what I did was move the option from 'parameters' to 'alerts', that way it is backwards compatible. Also in the future other alert types could be added without causing compatibility problems.

Every parameter must be passed to strategies and also shows up in the optimizer window. Aesthetic options like sound alerts and visual alerts which have no effect for the purpose of strategies should probably be in something other than 'parameters' as a rule of thumb. Just my opinion though...
                  Hi Elliot

I can't see automatic fibonacci calculation and swing temp. Do I need to try change some setting?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
                    Hi Elliot

I can't see automatic fibonacci calculation and swing temp. Do I need to try change some setting?

Regards
                    Make sure the show setting is set to true. Also it doesn't appear to calculate for every swing.

I don't fully understand how this indicator works, I just made a few cosmetic tweaks so it could contain bugs, I'm not sure.

Comment

OK - thanX EW!

Comment

Yea, I was scratching my head last night too. Where were those lines????

Thanks for the update,

RJay
                        RJay
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

HELLO

SUPER TREND REALLY A GREATT STUFF FOR INTRADAY AND POSITIONAL, BUT YOU HAVE TO SET THE PARAMETER'S TO REFINE OUR ACCURACY.

ONE THING I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO BACK TEST THIS STUFF IN NINJA BECOZ IF WE HAVE BACKTEST SYSTEM IN NINJA FOR THIS STUFF IT WILL REALLY HELP US THAT HOW MUCH ACCURATE PARAMETER'S WE ARE USING.
                          EXACTLY I WANT TO SEE HOW MUCH MAXIMUM AND MINIMUM POINT'S WE WILL GET OR LOOSE IN TRADES.

IF ANYONE HELP IT WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS
                          REGARDS
                          MANISH KUMAR

Comment

I'd suggest checking out the basic strategy builder webinar, if I remember correctly it goes over backtesting briefly.

Try this:
                            -New Strategy Analyzer
                            -Right click on whatever instrument you want to backtest, select backtest.
                            -Choose the parameters, time frame and period to test.

Thats about it.

In terms of the best parameters, one of the reasons this indicator is as effective as it is over such a wide diversity of markets is the fact that its based off of ATR which will automatically adapt to the market conditions...

Comment

Looks like a very nice indicator. I havent tested it yet but will try it out soon.

Some suggestions:

Some backtest would really be nice.

Also try the indi with RANGE charts!!! Might improve it greatly as it did with a lot other indicators for me...

Where can I donwload it? Is it in the file sharing topic?

Comment

SuperTrend 1.5

I made some cosmetic tweaks to SuperTrend.

Enjoy!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                                5 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post jgualdronc  
                                Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                                0 responses