Collapse

Super Trend For Ninja Trader Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k got you. Umm seem to have the elliot and CCI hist worked out. Supertrend is a nightmare to get going in conjunction with elliot and CCI.
    Will keep trying. Anyone else tried this?

Comment

Again a New Stock Trade...

Here is another trade...

Cheers !!

Regards

Vinkal
      Attached Files

Comment

step by step

early stages here...

please check the codes to see if they are what you had in mind

only #region "LONG CONDITIONS" have been included and can add #region "SHORT CONDITIONS"

i am in no way a expert as this and am constantly learning new stuff everyday so any help would be much appreciated.

i have found that if you go step by step and make sure each line of code fits your rules...you will eventually have a successful strategy
        Attached Files
        Last edited by duck_CA; 03-24-2009, 01:36 AM.

Comment

(
          CrossAbove(Close, DynamicSR(21).Resistance, 1)
          && Close[0] > SuperTrend(10, 3).UpTrend[0]
          && CCI_Histogram(14).CCIoversold[0] > 0
          && ElliotOscillator(5, 34).Uptrend[0] > 0
          )

Does that actually work? I tried something similar to this, and it failed.

Comment

Originally posted by duck_CA View Post
            early stages here...

please check the codes to see if they are what you had in mind

only #region "LONG CONDITIONS" have been included and can add #region "SHORT CONDITIONS"

i am in no way a expert as this and am constantly learning new stuff everyday so any help would be much appreciated.

i have found that if you go step by step and make sure each line of code fits your rules...you will eventually have a successful strategy
            Thanks Duck CA

I could not import it as it says some programming error. Please look into it.

Regards

Comment

Dow Trade

Hi All

Find the trade on hourly charts in Dow Jones.

Thanks for all the efforts being put in by the fellow members for putting their efforts in making of strategy.

Regards

Vinkal
              Attached Files

Comment

test_SuperTrend

can't seem to include the "DynamicSR" indicator to strategy. you may be able to include it once you have imported the strategy. not sure why this is happening.

the code in red seems to be the problem but not sure. I was able to export successfully when this was bypassed

Code:
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//Add(DynamicSR(21)); ****can't seem to "export" with this indicator...maybe you can add once you open this up[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Add(SuperTrend([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]10[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]));[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Add(BarTimer());[/FONT][/SIZE]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Add(CCI_Histogram([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]14[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])) ;[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Add(ElliotOscillator([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]35[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]));[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]}[/FONT][/SIZE]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#808080]///[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#808080]<summary>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#808080]///[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000] Called on each bar update event (incoming tick)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#808080]///[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#808080]</summary>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]protected[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]override[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] OnBarUpdate()[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]#region[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] LONG CONDITIONS[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]{[/FONT][/SIZE]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]//CrossAbove(Close, DynamicSR(21).Resistance, 1)////another option to look for break above resistance[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]//Close[0] > DynamicSR(21).Resistance[0][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Close[[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] > SuperTrend([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]10[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]).UpTrend[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]&& CCI_Histogram([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]14[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]).CCIoversold[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] > [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]&& ElliotOscillator([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]34[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]).Uptrend[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] > [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]) [/SIZE][/FONT]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]{ [/FONT][/SIZE]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]EnterLong(DefaultQuantity, [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]""[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]);[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]SetProfitTarget([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]""[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], CalculationMode.Ticks, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]10[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]);[/SIZE][/FONT]
                [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]//ExitLongStopLimit(0, DynamicSR(21).Support[0], "", ""); //need a better code for exit[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]} [/SIZE][/FONT]
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jthom View Post
                  k got you. Umm seem to have the elliot and CCI hist worked out. Supertrend is a nightmare to get going in conjunction with elliot and CCI.
                  Will keep trying. Anyone else tried this?
                  I'm new to ninja but all the indicators can be found here and put in separate .
                  just look in scripts

Comment

SuperTrend Long ES

I was able to import the "test_Super_Trend" zip and just remove the "//" in front of all the codes in "red".

there must be something in the DynamicSR indicator that is preventing the strategy to be "exported".

i only have access to futures to test from. Yahoo has free "daily" data but nothing in smaller timeframes
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by duck_CA; 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

New Exit Code

Code:
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=#0000ff]#region[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] LONG CONDITIONS[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//CrossAbove(Close, DynamicSR(21).Resistance, 1)////another option to look for break above resistance[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]Close[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] > DynamicSR([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]21[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]).Resistance[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]&& Close[[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] > SuperTrend([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]10[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]).UpTrend[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]&& CCI_Histogram([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]14[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]).CCIoversold[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] > [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]&& ElliotOscillator([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]5[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]34[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]).Uptrend[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] > [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]) [/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]{ [/FONT][/SIZE]
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]EnterLong(DefaultQuantity, [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Super_Trend_Long_Entry"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]);[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//SetProfitTarget("", CalculationMode.Ticks, 10);[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]//ExitLongStopLimit(0, DynamicSR(21).Support[0], "", ""); //need a better code for exit[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]} [/SIZE][/FONT]
                      NEW CODE HERE:
                      Code:
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Close[[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]] < DynamicSR([/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]21[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]).Support[[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]][/SIZE][/FONT]
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New])[/FONT][/SIZE]
                      [SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]ExitLong([/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Exit_Long"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Super_Trend_Long_Entry"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]); [/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by duck_CA View Post
                        I was able to import the "test_Super_Trend" zip and just remove the "//" in front of all the codes in "red".

there must be something in the DynamicSR indicator that is preventing the strategy to be "exported".

i only have access to futures to test from. Yahoo has free "daily" data but nothing in smaller timeframes
                        Hi

I will advice you to go for hourly charts and choose stocks having higher volumes and also trending stocks for this strategy.

What i exactly want is to make it into market analyzer.. so that it scans the stocks for buying or selling in different time frames.

Is that a possibility?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by vrathee View Post
                          Hi All

Find the trade on hourly charts in Dow Jones.

Thanks for all the efforts being put in by the fellow members for putting their efforts in making of strategy.

Regards

Vinkal
                          Vinkal, just wondering with this strategy, do you set profit targets or you will only exit when the lower pink stopline is breached?

I suppose your strategy work both long and short with the reverse parameters?

Comment

Originally posted by tjendra View Post
                            Vinkal, just wondering with this strategy, do you set profit targets or you will only exit when the lower pink stopline is breached?

I suppose your strategy work both long and short with the reverse parameters?
                            Hi tjendra

I would like to book 50% on Super trend reversal and rest 50% position When Pink Support line is breached when in long position.

I think this idea will prove to be very good. I don't think so we need a profit target as this strategy is based on trend and immediate strong resistence and supports can also be utilised to book profits.

Vinkal
                            Last edited by vrathee; 03-25-2009, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Wonderful trade and Some Tips

Hi all !!

This is my todays trade even in 10 min charts.

Well, this system could come out as a Great method of taking positions.

If playing intraday, small timeframes like 10 min work very well. If taking positional calls then go for 60 min charts. But take utmost care in choosing the right kind of stocks i.e good volumes, trending stocks.

It took me a lot of time in choosing and putting all the indicators to take out a great trade everytime. This system could turn out to be more than 90% successful if some thumb rules are made like ::

1.Normally Don't short the stock if index of any country is not in sell mode.
                              2. Follow the higher time frames to follow a big trend.
                              3. Compare two timeframes at same time like 10 min and 60 min.

I hope it turns out to be a most admirable system.

All the best for your trading..!!!

Cheers

Vinkal
                              Attached Files

Comment

Just want to say one Word for this Stuff "Excellent"and Credit goes to Vinkal really I am Heartly Appreciated for your this Stuff. I am Getting Huge profit. All thanks to you.

Now I want to say to all members one thing Plz make it in strategy becoz we can't choose many stocks manually for trading Once we get scanner for this Stuff we will Rock Really.

I am Inviting members to share their views here to make it strategy. Really it will help to all of us to make our Dreams TRUE.

Once Again Thanks to Vinkal you are Rocking MAN.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Jonker
                                by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM
                                0 responses