Using strategy builder (change of price) to set stop limit price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using strategy builder (change of price) to set stop limit price

It seems that I have run into a limitation of strategy builder set at "change of price". First I know I can't set both a sell stop limit and a buy stop limit without unlocking code. My problem is that when I can't find a way to fix in place a stop limit price when its based on the close(0) at the signal + or - ticks. Since the stop limit price is based on close(0) the stop limit changes with price. Any way to fix the stop limit price in strategy builder when its property is "change of price"

Hello Augustco,

Thanks for your post.

I am not sure I fully understand your question. Are you looking to move the stop to breakeven or trailing in the Strategy Builder?

If so, you could find examples of breakeven and trailing in the Strategy Builder here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...der#post806596

You could use Exit order methods and add coding logic in the Strategy Builder to do this as seen in the examples. Please note that you would not be able to use the exit methods and the stops in the stop and targets window as that creates a violation of the managed approach internal order handling rules, linked here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On a signal, I want to enter the market on a stop limit price. However the stop limit price is based on the close(0) of the signal plus or minus the ATR (in ticks), Because the property of Strategy Builder is set to "CHANGE OF PRICE" the stop limit price changes as close(0) changes with price. I need to find a way to fix the stop limit to the close(0) when the signal is triggered.

Comment

Hello Augustco,

Thanks for your note.

You could consider creating a double variable in the Inputs and Variables screen of the Builder, saving the Close[0] price to that variable when the condition is triggered, and using that variable for your stop.

For example, you could create a double variable named something like 'ClosePrice' and in the same Set as your condition, you would assign the Close[0] price to the variable in the Actions section (Actions > add > Misc folder > Set ClosePrice).

This would save the close price to that variable at the time the condition is triggered.

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It took me awhile, but thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by strategist007, Today, 07:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post strategist007