Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
    1. Yes. Either or will perform great.
    2. If you have a 64-bit machine, by all means use 64-bit if your data provider supports 64-bit. If your data provider does not currently support 64-bit then you would need to use 32-bit.
    1. Is there any proof that Windows 7 x64 is better than XP Pro x64 running Ninja 7?
    2. "by all means" would be correct if there are no issues, clearly; recently I had to give up using the Vision 64 bit under beta 22 and a ticket has been closed with the reply to wait for beta 23 for a solution.

Comment

Paul, unfortunately no hard 'proof' regarding OS choice we could offer - from personal experience and several tests read I would suggest Win7 64 bit if your hardware lineup is current and suitable drivers are supplied.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        Paul, unfortunately no hard 'proof' regarding OS choice we could offer - from personal experience and several tests read I would suggest Win7 64 bit if your hardware lineup is current and suitable drivers are supplied.
        Bertrand, I would be happy to install anything able to let NT7 to not crash ('not responding' even during a brief fast market). I have decent hardware and internet setup but now it seems the Windows OS is not able to fully manage the cores to run NT efficiently ("due to the nature of the Window OS, NinjaTrader 7 would not be able to fully use all available multi-cores/multi-processors at any given time").-..

Comment

I guess I'm not sure I follow you - did we already review all pertinent info as this occurred on your end? For Windows thread management Win7 would be a good # of dev years ahead, so this should be your best performing choice.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
            I guess I'm not sure I follow you - did we already review all pertinent info as this occurred on your end? For Windows thread management Win7 would be a good # of dev years ahead, so this should be your best performing choice.
            Bertrand, I've sent you an email re-opening an old ticket. thank you.

Comment

Hmmm, just come upon this thread. I have been using more resourse demanding indicators recently and have encountered the 'charts freezing' behaviour, ( something I left Tradestation to get away from ). I have been running NT on a P4, 6 years old.
              So, over the weekend I ordered parts for a new high end machine, and Win 7 pro, to go fast and 64 bit.
              Its very disapointing to find that although the data feed I use has a 64 bit version, I won't be able to use it and moreover, NT don't even have it in their program to make it available.
              I don't know how many NT users are also ZenFire users and I'm sure NT won't tell me, but I'm also sure the percentage must be quite high. Do it NT!

Comment

It is supported now and has been for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS View Post
                  Hmmm, just come upon this thread. I have been using more resourse demanding indicators recently and have encountered the 'charts freezing' behaviour, ( something I left Tradestation to get away from ). I have been running NT on a P4, 6 years old.
                  So, over the weekend I ordered parts for a new high end machine, and Win 7 pro, to go fast and 64 bit.
                  Its very disapointing to find that although the data feed I use has a 64 bit version, I won't be able to use it and moreover, NT don't even have it in their program to make it available.
                  I don't know how many NT users are also ZenFire users and I'm sure NT won't tell me, but I'm also sure the percentage must be quite high. Do it NT!
                  Dave, please ensure you're on Beta 21 or later to have access to the ZenFire 64 bit adapter in beta mode - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=22484

Comment

Sorry, abject apologies due and offered. I did have a look round but did not find anything to the effect that it is now available.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                    6 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post jgualdronc  
                    Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Touch-Ups