Collapse

Zen-fire 64 bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paul, can you please send me your trace and logs again to my Attn and then also include your workspaces used so I can investigate and try reproducing your scenario?

Thanks for your support.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done!
      Thank you,
      Paul

Comment

Is this a DB issue?

Originally posted by paulg View Post
        Today (June 1) with the fast mkt on currencies, stocks and bonds we can see looking at the charts, I simply verified that NT7 beta 16 - running under Windows XP Pro SP2 XP64 with 4 Gb RAM @ 1333, CPU i7 860, 150 GB 10K RPM HD, with less than 25/35% CPU cores time involved and about 2 Gb free RAM - well crashed (stop responding) as usual as it happens running this software under XP Pro x86. Workspace is just 576 Kb and it includes globally 25 windows on 6/7 instruments.
        Also NT7 locked the other applications running in background (Xtrader and Excel), making the PC totally unresponsive. No antivirus running. The software crashed and asked me to send the report, I did it.

Still wondering whether the Zenfire 32 bit connection cannot keep up with fast mkts or Ninja simply cannot keeps up with tick calculations. The same workspace usually locked (CPU cores at 99%) a dual-core CPU under XP Pro x86 with 4 Gb RAM but I hoped that an i7 CPU could change the situation. I was wrong and the hardware it's not a bottleneck now.
        I hope Paul's NJ freezing issue was not caused by deadlocks in sql server. If it was, it might be difficult to fix without major redesign.

Comment

Originally posted by billy822 View Post
          I hope Paul's NJ freezing issue was not caused by deadlocks in sql server. If it was, it might be difficult to fix without major redesign.
          I'm not a programmer and don't use sql directly; I've simply deleted codes that caused a Log error iwth NT7 ; now let's wait a real fast mkt...meanwhile

Comment

Originally posted by billy822 View Post
            I'm not a programmer and don't use sql directly; I've simply uninstalled indicators that caused a Log error on NT7 ; now let's wait a real fast mkt for a check...meanwhile I've virtualized NT7 beta 17 under a VMWare VM running XP Pro x64.

Comment

Thanks for the update Paul, please let me know how it goes for you after deleting the indicators which gave you issues.

Comment

Originally posted by paulg View Post
                I'm not a programmer and don't use sql directly; I've simply uninstalled indicators that caused a Log error on NT7 ; now let's wait a real fast mkt for a check...meanwhile I've virtualized NT7 beta 17 under a VMWare VM running XP Pro x64.

Paul:
                My understanding was NJ 7 includes a sql server engine running in background to support NJ 7 process. If there are any issues related to sql server in NJ, only NJ developers or QA testers can identify and fix it. As end users there is nothing we can do . Thanks for bring up this issue. Please keep us posted.

Comment

vmware

I run about 5 xp systems in vmware under Vista 64 with 12GB RAM on a Core i7. I rarely get any crashes with ninja 6.5. I'm not running any production type tools under ninja 7, so still mostly on 6.5. But I've got lots running - ninjatrader, metatrader, market delta, remote desktops, etc.

I would suggest to get off of XP 64. This is old code. Upgrade your base OS to Windows 7 64 and then run your vm's under that. I use vmware workstation 6.x right now, haven't upgraded to 7.0 yet. No problems.

Comment

Why running NT6.5 under WIn7 X64 is better vs. XP Pro x64?

Originally posted by cashinvestor View Post
                    [...]

I would suggest to get off of XP 64. This is old code. Upgrade your base OS to Windows 7 64 and then run your vm's under that. [...]
                    Anyone at Ninja Tech support could reply to this question, please:

- Is correct to think that running NT6.5 or NT 7 under Win7 X64 is better vs. XP Pro x64 SP2?

Thank you,
                    Paul

Comment

Paul,

Unfortunately we would not be able to answer that question of which is the better OS. You can find a lot of debate about this on Google. http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=h...d854179172b838

The general consensus is that Win7 is much better than Vista. We have people using XP and 7 and are content with results from both. For that matter, many people do use Vista as well without any problems so ultimately it comes down to a personal choice which OS you would prefer.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

your better of with win 7

Comment

Josh,

Thanks for your reply.
                          But clearly my question concerned the ideal NT 6.5 / 7 environment , not a general disquisition about the best OS.
                          It's my understanding that XP Pro x64 SP2 has not nothing that could create slowness or bottlenecks win Ninja vs Win 7 X64 -- so not 'old code'

Comment

Paul, I would go with the newer Win7 64 bit for various tests have shown you roughly get performance comparable to a clean XP but with more options / up to date driver support in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                              Paul, I would go with the newer Win7 64 bit for various tests have shown you roughly get performance comparable to a clean XP but with more options / up to date driver support in the future.
                              Is this still the case four months later (Oct 2010)?
                              My questions are actually:
                              1. should I use Win7 rather than WinXP (I think answer is yes)
                              2. should I use NT7 64bit rather than NT7 32bit for live trading (I think answer is no)

Comment

1. Yes. Either or will perform great.
                                2. If you have a 64-bit machine, by all means use 64-bit if your data provider supports 64-bit. If your data provider does not currently support 64-bit then you would need to use 32-bit.
                                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post AaronKoRn  
                                Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes