Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output Window - Maximum Threshold Reached

I just received this message at the top of the Output window:

"You have reached the maximum threshold of the Output window. Some of your output messages have been surpressed." (Note spelling error.)

At that point, I tried to use Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C to copy the contents of the output window to the paste buffer. Nothing happened (it didn't copy).

(I copy the Output window to the paste buffer so I can search the contents of the window after pasting it into Notepad -- adding a Ctrl-F or right-click-menu Find facility would be a nice improvement to the Output window.)

I found the workaround of using right-click + Save-As to write the Output window contents out to a file, but that's not as nice as being able to highlight the desired text and copy just what you want to the paste buffer.

It would also be useful to have an option where instead of just freezing the output window, that the output window would be treated as a "ring buffer" (new stuff added at the end of the window with lines removed from the top to make room.)

Also, it would be useful if a time-stamp were added to the message, so we can tell how much Output window data has been lost.

Originally posted by KBJ View Post
    I just received this message at the top of the Output window:

"You have reached the maximum threshold of the Output window. Some of your output messages have been surpressed." (Note spelling error.)

At that point, I tried to use Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C to copy the contents of the output window to the paste buffer. Nothing happened (it didn't copy).

(I copy the Output window to the paste buffer so I can search the contents of the window after pasting it into Notepad -- adding a Ctrl-F or right-click-menu Find facility would be a nice improvement to the Output window.)

I found the workaround of using right-click + Save-As to write the Output window contents out to a file, but that's not as nice as being able to highlight the desired text and copy just what you want to the paste buffer.

It would also be useful to have an option where instead of just freezing the output window, that the output window would be treated as a "ring buffer" (new stuff added at the end of the window with lines removed from the top to make room.)

Also, it would be useful if a time-stamp were added to the message, so we can tell how much Output window data has been lost.
    I agree,, reported this issue about 6 months ago for an improvement...

Comment

Hello KBJ,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. If you are running into the limit of the output window, you should consider moving this to a file. These samples can help with writing information to a file.

Using StreamWriter to write to a text file - also applicable to strategies
      Using System.IO File properties to write to and read from a text file - also applicable to strategies
      Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

How can one increase the size of the output window text buffer?

thx,

cbaer

Comment

Hello cbaer,

Unfortunately there is no control on output buffer size. If you are running into the limit of the output window, you should consider moving this to a file. You can also consider programatically clearing this with ClearOutputWindow()

These samples can help with writing information to a file.

Using StreamWriter to write to a text file - also applicable to strategies
          Using System.IO File properties to write to and read from a text file - also applicable to strategies
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 06-06-2011, 11:49 AM.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses