Hotkeys Hotkeys Hotkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unpleasant...

I just happened to find an old mail from NT's Ray answering my former request for hotkeys...
    Attached Files

Comment

You and me both.
      Friggin eh, some days I love NT and other days I just want to remove it from my comp. BUt I still have high hopes for you folks. So please, please, PLEASE give us hot keys. You know what? I forgot why I even wanted them in the first place. So go ahead and take your time.

Comment

please link all FX pro button with hotkey

Can you please link all FX pro with hot key.
        Thanks

Comment

Another thread that discusses hotkeys is here:

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyKeller View Post
            I just happened to find an old mail from NT's Ray answering my former request for hotkeys...
            I wouldn't expect anything this year from what I've read.
            Someone mentioned Autoit. I've never used it but it seems interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenszpak View Post
              I wouldn't expect anything this year from what I've read.
              Someone mentioned Autoit. I've never used it but it seems interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoIt
              You can also use a program called AutoHotKey that works very well...

Free keyboard macro program. Supports hotkeys for keyboard, mouse, and joystick. Can expand abbreviations as you type them (AutoText).

Comment

Originally posted by JS999 View Post
                You can also use a program called AutoHotKey that works very well...

www.autohotkey.com
                Thanks JS999. Perhaps the brouhaha among the members
                is now done.

Comment

is now done.
                  Well, mostly done. It would still be very useful to be able to put in an order at the bid + a certain amount, because the way the static superDOM is set up, only the ask value is actually locked in place in the window... the bid still fluctuates. That makes it impossible to define a hotkey to place an order at the bid + 1 tick, for example, although you can currently define a key to place an order at the ask -1 tick, or -2 ticks.... but it's still not quite the same thing.

Something under advanced options that allowed you to activate a section where you could enter a predefined value for entering an offset to the bid and submitting an order at that price would solve this problem, and would effectively mean that the platform could function as a fully hotkey-enabled piece of software with the use of AutoHotKey. Can we consider adding this, NinjaTrader support? It would be easier and a lot faster than programming in hotkeys natively, and would mean that you get no further requests on this topic...

Comment

is now done.
                    Perhaps the "brouhaha" among members is done because they asked for a very simple feature for over two years and were continuously ignored by NT over and over again and someone posts a freeware application which can possibly be used to achieve the same function in a less desirable manner? Listen, if I pay $1000 for an application which claims to be ever evolving and customizable and the developers don't stay true to their word I would cause a brouhaha as well. This is what's called false advertising.

Gotta love arrogant people like stephenzzpak who automatically believe everything in life that they don't personally need is useless for everyone else as well.

I was heavily considering Ninja Trader but after reading through this thread have changed my mind.

Comment

kinsei,

I am not sure what the issue is. Hotkeys are available natively in NT7 including things like bid+1 etc.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I downloaded the trial version and have been looking over its features to see if it had everything I wanted before buying. The only thing I could not find was hotkeys. I went through every single menu/setting. So I then went to google and typed in "ninja trader hotkeys" as my query which lead me to this thread as the first hit. I read through the whole thread of two years of people asking for this same feature only for it to end with this post so the conclusion I drew was obviously that it is still not supported since no one indicated otherwise and I didn't see it within my program.

Looking at the program I downloaded it appears to be 6.5. How do I get 7?

Comment

Hi kinsei,

Glad you posted to give us an opportunity to clear up the air in terms of this feature. You should be able to find the NT7 beta as a download link here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

Comment

hotkey - for remove selected object

Hello,

When I select object on a chart in NT 6.5 (ray,line etc) and press ESC then this selected object will remove. This was nice.

I can't do this in NT 7.

There is no possible hotkey for REMOVE SELCTED OBJECT.

I would be grateful that if this kind of hotkey could be formed (hotkey for REMOVE SELECTED OBJECT on a chart) or if the ESC will continue to actively pressing to remove the selected item.

Thanks

Comment

inmax,

You can press the DEL key to remove an object. ESC means deselect.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                                inmax,

You can press the DEL key to remove an object. ESC means deselect.
                                Yes, I know it. But it was not my request and questions.I do not want to use the DEL key just another closer to the left side of the keyboard. Hotkey if it is possible.

Thanks...
                                Last edited by inmax; 04-07-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post carnitron  
                                Started by strategist007, Today, 07:51 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post strategist007