Collapse

Hotkeys Hotkeys Hotkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be that starightforward, if so then NT engineers should should start rolling some hotkeys out.

Comment

I can see your point if you trade multiple instrements, myself I usually only trade 1, but use different timeframes. And yes I have multiple monitors, my mouse is setup to pass through each one without any problems.
      and the chart trader window is only on 1 chart

Comment

IB allows you to define different hotkeys to buy/sell different instruments, it's quite puzzling that you can do more with IB (in some aspects) than with its front-end, it kind of defeats its purpose.

IMHO, the hotkeys should be configurable and allow for user-modifiable input, for instance, define a key that places a "bid/offer" "x" ticks below current best "bid/offer" in "y" instrument with "z" ATM strategy, etc.

I realize you don't have an ETA on hotkeys, but are we gonna have to wait all the way to NT7 or are you planning some upgrade before that?

Thank you in advance for your kind attention.

Jorge
        Attached Files

Comment

We do not have concrete time frame on hot key support at this time.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In general, I find Ninja trader a bit mouse click heavy. For one thing, I like to quickly load a set of stocks into a list and then back test, often for just a few days period of time. I believe by the time I have selected to import a stock list, indicate what instrument it is, select the stock dividing character, make and name a new stock list, it's maybe 10 mouse clicks. I would really like to to all this by hitting the insert key in a stock list or on a <Create new list> field somewheres.

Comment

TradeStation drives me crazy that I cant hotkey/macro a function to re-center the SuperDOM/matrix ladder.

Bonus, would like to re-center all ladders with a hotkey/function.

Would be cool...

MIDI support... (for hotkeys of course). Being lazy, likely there is software out there that can map MIDI data to keyboard command. Just an idea.

Anyone using "external" keypads for trading? Think 4x4 pad of custom keys.

Would also like to be able to "layer" commands. In TS, I can hit a hotkey and send to both legs; sell inst A @ Ask, buy inst B @ bid.
              Last edited by Tight Face; 08-22-2008, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will let other traders commend on your post.
                DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

a hotkey to open -close chartrader please??

Comment

Hello,

I will forward this to our development team for future consideration. Thank you!

Comment

Since this thread is like Christmas : I'd like hotkeys for the development of indicators and strategies. One to open the "edit indicators" and one to open the "edit strategies" window. Then in the source code window Ctrl-S should be bound to the save function. And please get rid of the confirmation window telling me that a script has compiled successfully. I know my code is ok and it's just an extra window I have to close.

Comment

Hello,

I will forward this to our development team as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rokafella View Post
                          Buy market and limit, Sell market and limit ,cancel , breakeven, flatten and reverse would be nice. Txs!
                          same here. Buy Sell market, reverse and flatten

Comment

buttons

Hello!

Hotkeys are great, I would also appreciate to have them.

It is maybe just my opinion, but I want to believe that others share this too. If somebody is daytrading or maybe scalping, THEN only the hotkey function comes into use, for swing trading or longer investments I dont really believe that the buttons would make that much difference.
                            What I believe is that if you daytrade you really should be focusing on one intrument there is no way to watch multiple intruments, and still "feel" the power of the volume. Maybe I am just a man so I can not concentrate on more than one thing. But, considering the above the problem about how ninja should know what do I want to trade should not be a problem, so I'd go with the active window.
                            But if sombody is a superman and really can scalp daytrade multiple intruments simultaneously, then here is what I could imagine if it can be done.
                            If you guys could include in ninja some kind of a trading instrument list that could be set in advance and hotkeys could be connected to them, well then it could solve the problem

For example a window like this
                            --------------------------------
                            Button trade instument selection
                            [Alt + 1 _____[ YM 12-08 _____[<-set by user both instument and hotkey
                            [Alt + 2 _____[ ES 12-08______ [
                            [Alt + 3 _____[ NQ 12-08 ______[
                            [ ___________[ ______________[ <-- not yet set by user
                            [ ___________[ ______________[

So if short is button M and long is button N

then a short on ES and right after a long on YM just

Alt+2,M,Alt+1,N

Hope it is clear as a suggestion ))

other that that buy sell close reverse flatten hotkeys would be great
                            Last edited by ppplaci; 09-12-2008, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I will forward your thoughts to development.
                              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is my suggestion.

Split the hotkeys into zones like Global | Instrument.

Global zone would be for system wide shortcuts
                                Instrument zone would be for trading shortcuts with a instrument lock option so you know that your keys will trade X instrument.

An example of use would be: Trader has a few charts per instrument over 4 screens. Enables instrument hotkeys, locks the instrument that they want to trade and gets ready to enter via hotkey.

Hope that makes sense

CiRioN

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post emuns
                                by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM