Charting feature request - separate by accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting feature request - separate by accounts

I have been backtesting a lot of the same tickers that I test with a live algorithm and the fact that the chart for a future populates irrespective of the account is inconvenient. So it would be great if we could filter the trades on the chart unless this is already a feature that I don't know about it!

Thanks!

Hello tony_28217,

Thank you very much for your post.

By default, the ChartTrader would only show orders that were placed on the selected instrument/expiration and account.

This means if you select a different account, only orders submitted to this account should appear on the chart.

Is this not the case?

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Correct. I have never changed chart settings, so if you can tell me where I should look please let me know.

When you trade the same instrument on say Sim and Live account (like NQ for instance) and you chart it, you will see buys and sell on the same single chart. the only way to differentiate them on chart is by using the Data Box and looking for the Account and Connection readout in the bottom. But honestly that's a really inconvenient way.

Comment

Hello tony_28217,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have recorded a brief demonstration of how the platform should behave in this regard:

World's leading screen capture + recorder from Snagit + Screencast by Techsmith. Capture, edit and share professional-quality content seamlessly.

Could you send me your log & trace files? I would like to take a closer look at what might be affecting this behavior.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief note in the message referring to this post.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well a few clicks around and I see what is going on. You had the "Chart Trader" feature turned on which is not a default feature when you chose a "New Chart."

I trade exclusively through a strategy so this isn't incredibly useful but it's nice I can at least filter by account.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses