Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is email support no longer a priority to lifetime customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is email support no longer a priority to lifetime customers?

I noticed lately that email support is very slow, if they respond at all. Has there been a change of support through email to customers?
    ex: I emailed TWO DAYS ago about moving custom indicators and had to send another email asking if anyone was going to bother to help. I trade for a living, I can't wait 2 days for support to be bothered to respond, only after I asked again.

I own 2 lifetime licenses and would like to know if support has been reduced or what is going on.
    thanks.

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your inquiry and for expressing your concerns.

We strive to provide the same level of service to ALL of our clients and it is one of cornerstones of our business. We've been experiencing a massive increase in the volume of requests over the past few months that set us back on that goal, but have since implemented several new systems and processes to resolve any delays related to this. Over the past few weeks, we have been well on our way back to our standard levels of service via email that we've historically provided. There may be times where we are inundated and cannot immediately respond or make take a few hours, especially when we are not in office or it is outside of our standard business hours (8:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST Monday - Friday).

With that said, during our business hours, we do our best to respond within a matter of hours to almost all requests and take it very seriously if you were not getting the support that you need. If there was an email chain where you did not receive a response for 2 days, please respond to that email thread and put 'ATTN: please reassign to Zachary' in the message so that I can forward it ahead to our management team and we can look further into why that was the case.

Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful evening.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Zachary; 10-20-2022, 03:57 PM.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your inquiry and for expressing your concerns.

We strive to provide the same level of service to ALL of our clients and it is one of cornerstones of our business. We've been experiencing a massive increase in the volume of requests over the past few months that set us back on that goal, but have since implemented several new systems and processes to resolve any delays related to this. Over the past few weeks, we have been well on our way back to our standard levels of service via email that we've historically provided. There may be times where we are inundated and cannot immediately respond or make take a few hours, especially when we are not in office or it is outside of our standard business hours (8:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST Monday - Friday).

With that said, during our business hours, we do our best to respond within a matter of hours to almost all requests and take it very seriously if you were not getting the support that you need. If there was an email chain where you did not receive a response for 2 days, please respond to that email thread and put 'ATTN: please reassign to Zachary' in the message so that I can forward it ahead to our management team and we can look further into why that was the case.

Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful evening.
      Email sent per your instructions. You'll see that I asked a question, waited 2+ days, got a reply that didn't help me at all, and I am still waiting for a reply to that.

In other words, since Monday of this week (it's now Friday evening) I asked why my custom indicators didn't transfer AND how to move them from computer Home to computer Forum All I was told was - sorry, you can't move them over in the backup file. While that is a questionable answer, I need to know HOW to move them which has been completely ignored all week.

If you're able to help w/ this so I don't have to wait for email support, I need to know how do I find my custom indicators in my NT on computer 1 and then send those to computer 2. I don't want a fresh install of the indicators b/c I lose all my settings.

thanks!!

Comment

Hello brownsfan019,

Thank you for your reply.

You can move your indicators over by creating a backup file on your first and restoring that backup on your second PC, and making sure that you've selected 'Ninjascript files'.
        Follow these steps:
        • Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to backup from and disconnect from any open connections if applicable
        • Go to Tools > Export > Backup File
        • Select which items you would like to backup (ensure that you select NinjaScript files from the menu) and click 'Export'
        • Email or Save the file to an external storage device. The file can be found in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 Backup folder on your PC
        Open NinjaTrader 8 on the computer you wish to restore to and disconnect from any open connections if applicable.
        • Open the email with the backup file or connect the external storage and save the backup file to a destination of your choosing (I recommend the desktop as it is easy to find)
        • Go to Tools > Import > Backup File...
        • Select the backup file you created from the location you saved it
        However, keep in mind that the new computer will have a different Machine ID and will result in any passwords for account connections being removed along with the NinjaTrader License key being removed. For security purposes all account connections will need to have the username and password re-entered and the License key will also need to be re-entered.

You will also need to contact any 3rd party vendors and let them know that your machine ID has changed. You can locate the new machine ID by the following:
        • Control Center > Help > About... (e.g. Machine ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
        I have also attached the publicly available Help Guide section regarding backup and restore below:

Help Guide - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ightsub=backup

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
        4 responses