Horizontal Ray in Drawing Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtlasTrader View Post
    Thank you for sharing that indicator, it made my workflow so much easier. Is there a way to move the price label to the left (start of the ray)? Having it to the right obscures the current price action. I'm hopeless with code so I'm hoping someone might know how to do this. Thanks a lot!
    It is not difficult to place the price label to the left side but it will cause cluttering of the chart, especially if there are a few indicators on the chart.

However, you can simply add a right side margin to your chart to allow for clean price action and other UI drawings. Simply, right click on the chart then go to chart "properties" and increase the value for "Right Side Margin" to any width you like. I personally use a value of 300 to give me plenty of room for price action, text comments, future calendar events, etc.

Cheers!

Comment

Add my vote, please.
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello joselube001,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added a vote for you to SFT-2149 as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi aligator,

thanks for all the input. Works fine here.

I think, someone has asked earlier, which I am also interested in: would it be possible to place the price label to the price scale on the right
          or does anyone else have a solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by tradesmart27 View Post
            Hi aligator,

thanks for all the input. Works fine here.

I think, someone has asked earlier, which I am also interested in: would it be possible to place the price label to the price scale on the right
            or does anyone else have a solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance!
            Welcome!

Yes, it is possible to place the price in the right side scale. This is not an issue, it is a coding project and personally do not find it of any real value. However, If I recall correctly, NinjaTrader support has provided sample script in the past to include price labels in the right side scale.

In my experience the right side scale in usually crowded with price labels from horizontal grid, indicators, price line, etc. and should not be cluttered more. .

Cheers!
            Last edited by aligator; 02-06-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Welcome!

Yes, it is possible to place the price in the right side scale. This is not an issue, it is a coding project and personally do not find it of any real value. However, If I recall correctly, NinjaTrader support has provided sample script in the past to include price labels in the right side scale.

In my experience the right side scale in usually crowded with price labels from horizontal grid, indicators, price line, etc. and should not be cluttered more. .

Cheers!
              Hello I am trying to use the Ellipse with the mahToolbar but it is not working. First of all, when I check the Ellipse box, the button is missing on the toolbar. I've tried to tweak the code but no luck at all (I saw the method DrawElipse and I thought it was missing a L (DrawEllipse)). Any idea about this? thanks

Comment

Hello AmCTrading007,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm unable to replicate this. It's possible it may not be visible on the toolbar if your chart is not expanded enough to fit it, but you'd want to touch base with aligator since they are the original developer.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by AmCTrading07 View Post

Hello I am trying to use the Ellipse with the mahToolbar but it is not working. First of all, when I check the Ellipse box, the button is missing on the toolbar. I've tried to tweak the code but no luck at all (I saw the method DrawElipse and I thought it was missing a L (DrawEllipse)). Any idea about this? thanks
                  I have no problem with the indicator either. Please note that the default NT icon for Ellipse is a circle (a perfect ellipse) not a classic elongated ellipse. Do you see a circle after you check the box for ellipse? Perhaps you have made unintended code changes (DrawEllipse instead of Draw.Ellipse) that cause this issue. I would recommend delete the indicator all together. Then, download and install the most recent "A mahToolBar6" here:

Let me know if this resolved your problem.

Cheers!

Comment

I have no problem with the indicator either. Please note that the default NT icon for Ellipse is a circle (a perfect ellipse) not a classic elongated ellipse. Do you see a circle after you check the box for ellipse? Perhaps you have made unintended code changes (DrawEllipse instead of Draw.Ellipse) that cause this issue. I would recommend delete the indicator all together. Then, download and install the most recent "A mahToolBar6" here:

Let me know if this resolved your problem.

Cheers!
                    Thanks Kate and aligator,

The problem was that i had change some line of code in the indicator. Indicator deleted, reimported from the original and everything working fine

By the way, I would like to reorder the positions of the toolbar buttons. After reviewing the code, I assume that I have to reorder certain code blocks or change the order of every button (00, 01, 02...)

Eg: [Display(Name="Stay In Draw Mode", Description="Button for stay in draw mode", Order=0, GroupName="2. Drawing Tools")]

Before messing the code again, can you please indicate me which way to follow? Change the order of the block code for every button or change the Order=X code only?

Comment

Thanks Kate and aligator,

The problem was that i had change some line of code in the indicator. Indicator deleted, reimported from the original and everything working fine

By the way, I would like to reorder the positions of the toolbar buttons. After reviewing the code, I assume that I have to reorder certain code blocks or change the order of every button (00, 01, 02...)

Eg: [Display(Name="Stay In Draw Mode", Description="Button for stay in draw mode", Order=0, GroupName="2. Drawing Tools")]

Before messing the code again, can you please indicate me which way to follow? Change the order of the block code for every button or change the Order=X code only?
                      There is always potential for messing a code with many lines. I would suggest checking the boxes for only those draw tools that you use most frequently to keep toolbar to a minimum.

Comment

There is always potential for messing a code with many lines. I would suggest checking the boxes for only those draw tools that you use most frequently to keep toolbar to a minimum.
                        Sorry, my english is not good enough and I think that i didn't explain it correctly
                        I want to reorder/modify the code to show the buttons in a personalized way, and I don't know what parts of the code do I have to reorder (the indicator only allows you to show or hide the buttons, not to reorder them)

I assume that reordering some code sentences with the test and error way, I will accomplish it. But it was just to do it faster xD

I would like to have something like this:

1. Save image
                        2. Line
                        3. Label Ray
                        4. Horizontal Ray
                        5. Horizontal Line
                        6. Extended Line
                        7. Channel
                        8. Vertical Line
                        9. Path
                        10. Arrow
                        11. Rectangle
                        12. Fibonacci Retracements

Comment

Sorry, my english is not good enough and I think that i didn't explain it correctly
                          I want to reorder/modify the code to show the buttons in a personalized way, and I don't know what parts of the code do I have to reorder (the indicator only allows you to show or hide the buttons, not to reorder them)

I assume that reordering some code sentences with the test and error way, I will accomplish it. But it was just to do it faster xD

I would like to have something like this:

1. Save image
                          2. Line
                          3. Label Ray
                          4. Horizontal Ray
                          5. Horizontal Line
                          6. Extended Line
                          7. Channel
                          8. Vertical Line
                          9. Path
                          10. Arrow
                          11. Rectangle
                          12. Fibonacci Retracements
                          Good luck! If you just check the boxes for the above 12 items, you will almost get the arrangement order that you want.

Regardless, if you are modifying the indicator, please make sure to rename your modified indicator to something different and with credit to the original indicator so that the integrity of the original indicator is maintained.

Comment

Good luck! If you just check the boxes for the above 12 items, you will almost get the arrangement order that you want.

Regardless, if you are modifying the indicator, please make sure to rename your modified indicator to something different and with credit to the original indicator so that the integrity of the original indicator is maintained.
                            Thanks It was just an example. I use more tools
                            No worries, this code changes are only for my personal use

Have a nice day

Comment

installed the toolbar but when I click on the horizontal ray icon nothing happens.

Comment

me too can't seem to get the horizontal ray to do anything??
                                Aligator asks for the HorizontalRay Add on to be installed but when I found it - it said it was an older version of one my NT already had??
                                so it's there but nothing happens
                                Edit
                                Ok so it requires Hot key combo Ctrl + End
                                I found in my NT that this key combo was blank - hence Aligator's code is sending a key combo that didn't do anything.
                                Simply add the combo in Hot Keys and it all works
                                Last edited by Mindset; 05-10-2022, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DJ888
                                by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes