Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile app trade history does not show up in Desktop app

Hello,

Is it correct that the trades done in the Mobile app do not sync with the Desktop app? My Trade Performance overview does not show them but the actual Positions and Accounts tabs are showing the correct data.

There have been some reports recently of trouble with the new Trade Performance report. See for instance this search: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/search...de+performance

It is possible there is an outstanding bug here in this area. Let's see what NinjaTrader Support has to say.
    Bruce DeVault
    QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

I have not yet upgraded to the 8.1 Desktop version or would this issue also effect the 8.0 version?

Comment

So far as I am aware, mobile app trades cannot be picked up in 8.0 - only in 8.1. Maybe NinjaTrader can correct me on this but I was not aware that would be possible. Maybe they will confirm that it is possible and I just don't know how to do it. I am sure they will chime in here as soon as they get to it.
        Bruce DeVault

Comment

Wouldn't any trades in a NinjaTrader Brokerage account show up in any platform connected to that account?

Thanks.
          Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
          jeronymite
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
            Wouldn't any trades in a NinjaTrader Brokerage account show up in any platform connected to that account?

Thanks.
            There is a distinction regarding whether accounts originated at Tradovate or have been migrated to NinjaTrader accounts, and whether the NinjaTrader connection type is being used or not. See this thread: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...te-integration

NinjaTrader Support may be able to state this with more clarity and authority but no, I don't think your question has an unambiguous yes answer. Perhaps it does and that would be good news that I would welcome. Hopefully I just don't realize it and it works better than I know.
            Bruce DeVault

Comment

Yes, clarity would be welcome. All activity in an account (in this case, specifically an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage, not Tradovate), should be visible in any platform connected to that actual account. If it proves to be so, that's good. If it is not, that is extremely problematic and very poor design/implementation.

Thanks.
              Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
              jeronymite
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by Ducman_nl View Post
                Hello,

Is it correct that the trades done in the Mobile app do not sync with the Desktop app? My Trade Performance overview does not show them but the actual Positions and Accounts tabs are showing the correct data.
                Hello Ducman_nl,

Thank you for your post.

In versions prior to 8.1, this was expected behavior. NinjaTrader required a connection to get order fill information. Since you are still using the 8.0 version, if you do not have NinjaTrader desktop open and connected while your trades are placed in the mobile app, the reports will not be updated with that information.

That said, although an intended feature of 8.1 is to have server-side trade performance reports, we have still been tracking reports of users who are not able to see live trades listed on the Trade Performance report. This is being tracked via issue number NT-1441. When a fix is implemented, you will see it on the release notes page of the help guide:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

jeronymite Okay, so this statement from NinjaTrader_Emily makes it much more explicit. Just being on a NinjaTrader Brokerage account is not enough to have them show up on Desktop 8.0 - it has to be open and connected at the time the orders were originally placed (unlike 8.1 which has all of this regardless by virtue of the redesign on the connections).
                  Bruce DeVault

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. If I update to 8.1 version, will it show the history mobile trades in the Desktop app again?

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. If I update to 8.1 version, will it show the history mobile trades in the Desktop app again?
                      As I mentioned, we are currently investigating an issue where live trades are not showing on the Trade Performance report. I suspect that you will not be able to see trades from the mobile app on the Desktop version until issue NT-1441 is resolved and listed in the release notes:
                      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/8_1_1_3.htm

Once a fix has been implemented, then updating to the latest version of 8.1 should allow you to see mobile trades in the desktop app.

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.​

Comment

Is there any news on fixing the history synchronization between Server and Desktop? It still doesn't seem to work.

Comment

Is there any news on fixing the history synchronization between Server and Desktop? It still doesn't seem to work.
                          Hello Ducman_nl,

There have been a couple of updates per the Release Notes related to Trade Performance:Versions 8.1.1.6 and 8.1.1.7 have been released since my last post in this thread. These included additional fixes to Trade Performance reporting and behavior in the desktop app. If you are not using the latest version of NinjaTrader, please update and test as orders placed on mobile or web to either your live account or server-side demo account should now also show up in the reporting on the desktop version.
                          To update NinjaTrader, please visit the link below for steps on how to update to the latest version of NinjaTrader Desktop:​​​​​​​Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​

Comment

Hello Emily,

Yes, I have the latest revision running. I experience the problems with this version. No synchronization between Server and Dektop.

Comment

Hello Emily,

Yes, I have the latest revision running. I experience the problems with this version. No synchronization between Server and Dektop.
                              In that case, please create an email case with our support team so we may further investigate with you. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Please ensure that 'Log and Trace Files' is checked to include your diagnostic files. Please also expand "Other files" and check the option for 'Database file.' Include a brief description in the body of the email and then click Send.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Wilmarobyi, Today, 12:48 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Wilmarobyi  
                              Started by BackToTheFutures, 08-17-2021, 03:15 PM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes