Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AddRenko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AddRenko

I'm trying to use renko bars in a multi series strategy.
    On my first attempt I mistakenly used AddDataSeries instead of AddRenko simply because I was unaware of AddRenko. It worked fine.
    Later I moved the strategy to another computer and it causes NT to hard crash.
    I went back to my development computer and changed the AddDataSeries call to AddRenko but doing so causes the strategy to cause NT to be CPU bound and run memory utilization up without ending... the strategy never completes.

Code:
                AddDataSeries(Instrument.FullName, new BarsPeriod { BarsPeriodType = BarsPeriodType.Renko, Value = seriesPeriodSwing}, "US Equities RTH");

AddRenko(Instrument.FullName, seriesPeriodSwing, MarketDataType.Last, "US Equities RTH", false);
    I can't use AddRenko.

Here's a sample strategy that demonstrates the issue.
    In the State == Configure block, see that last 2 lines dealing with Renko bars. One line is commented out. Use either one and run in strategy analyzer. ES 03-17. template shouldn't matter as strat loads them but I'm using US Stock in the SA.
    Attached Files

Comment

Any thoughts on why this is happening or how to fix it?

Comment

Hello Brillo, and thank you for your question. When I compiled and ran your script on my system, I was unable to see quite the same things you were seeing on my end. Could I ask that you send me a copy of your windows system control panel and ninjatrader strategy settings? I am including examples of both screens.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
        Click here for instructions
        Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        Click here for detailed instruction
        Attached Files
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by janio973, Today, 07:24 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post janio973  
        Started by aligator, 01-06-2022, 12:14 PM